Indian Woman for Combat Duties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kay

Country flag
The US started this WiC it must end there as well. It was triggered by Obama's re-election. He rejected his own military's suggestion to not allow WiC and yet went through to set the stage for Hillary. Funny she lost and liberals are trying to spread their tentacles. Fight hard and show them no mercy.

PS:Read the reports. The links are up there in posts somewhere.
I will surely read the posts.
But here is my concern -
Indian women served in the Indian National Army and we had female armed revolutionaries fighting for independence. This discussion is about Indian armed forces - not US.
US cannot be our moral compass. A nation of 1 billion with a great heritage should be confident entough to forge her own path and ideas - or else we will remain trapped in pax-Americana.

Spectribution

Tihar Jail
Banned
I will surely read the posts.
But here is my concern -
Indian women served in the Indian National Army and we had female armed revolutionaries fighting for independence. This discussion is about Indian armed forces - not US.
US cannot be our moral compass. A nation of 1 billion with a great heritage should be confident entough to forge her own path and ideas - or else we will remain trapped in pax-Americana.
We already have women in semi combat rear echelon duties in militias like INA.They are called paramilitary units like ITBP,CRPF,CISF,Assam Rifles,etc.

Here's ground reality of infantry/armor/arty the 'combat arms' in war.

In combat endurance, aggression and maneuvering with loads under fire go a long way towards operational roles. In today's combat loads it's easily 50 - 70 kg as rifle,ammo,rucksack,BPJ,helmet,comm gear,sidearm,assault webbing,etc can tie you down. God help you if you are lmg gunner or mmg or mortar team member then easily 150 pound plus. All those jawans are 5'10 ish simply due to load carrying. In urban areas mechanised units cannot proceed due to rubble and must traverse on foot. In woodlands same. In mountain areas enjoy the rarefied air as you trudge along with 50+kg gear. They don't allow splints or knock knees for this very reason.

Women weigh less than the loads they carry. Also if a team member gets hit, she can't pick him up and run and will have to drag him by harness which makes her slow and a target. A screaming woman hit by flak will trigger men to abandon discipline and run head on to their deaths.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-general-bipin-rawat/articleshow/56528278.cms

http://www.npr.org/2015/09/10/43924...ase-results-of-study-on-women-in-combat-units

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...t-task-force-results-2015sep10-htmlstory.html

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/women-in-army-military-police-general-bipin-rawat/1/1014355.html

Spectribution

Tihar Jail
Banned
Your exposure is limited ..

=======================
I agree I am not a serving member but I have studied IHS Jane's, military history, journals, memoirs, technical documents,etc extensively over the past years even attending multiple expos.

Also I am an E&TC engineer so I have to deal with defence cos regularly.

I believe I can make an educated opinion on this issue.

Kay

Country flag
My point is simple - if we have motivated people willing to fight - we should not create unnecessary constructs / hurdles to exclude them and should find ways to accommodate them. Not doing so is our loss. Nations using their population best will move forward.
Women are running ultramarathons today and there are women body builders.
Criterion should be based on merit and motivation, not gender.
"A screaming woman..." - that's sexist bias which can be removed by training.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
After you mentioned so much about yourself, you should know training is not easy and plenty of people fail in it, Even after selection people still fail at BPT, Some do it regularly and they have to be reported, These people make excuses in fear of losing all, but their is a category i dislike even more who are young and gud for nothing and now a days their is sheer abundance of them..

Now these woman, ( Minus the MNS ) go though the same, They clear it as it should be and those don`t get out, These woman are better than hundreds of those men out there wasting oxygen ..

I know few and there is always few and i have enormous respect for them ..

Don`t be a stereotype ..

I agree I am not a serving member but I have studied IHS Jane's, military history, journals, memoirs, technical documents,etc extensively over the past years even attending multiple expos.

Also I am an E&TC engineer so I have to deal with defence cos regularly.

I believe I can make an educated opinion on this issue.

Spectribution

Tihar Jail
Banned
My point is simple - if we have motivated people willing to fight - we should not create unnecessary constructs / hurdles to exclude them and should find ways to accommodate them. Not doing so is our loss. Nations using their population best will move forward.
Women are running ultramarathons today and there are women body builders.
Criterion should be based on merit and motivation, not gender.
"A screaming woman..." - that's sexist bias which can be removed by training.
Nope - https://www.timesofisrael.com/female-soldier-hid-behind-bush-during-sinai-attack/

Spectribution

Tihar Jail
Banned
After you mentioned so much about yourself, you should know training is not easy and plenty of people fail in it, Even after selection people still fail at BPT, Some do it regularly and they have to be reported, These people make excuses in fear of losing all, but their is a category i dislike even more who are young and gud for nothing and now a days their is sheer abundance of them..

Now these woman, ( Minus the MNS ) go though the same, They clear it as it should be and those don`t get out, These woman are better than hundreds of those men out there wasting oxygen ..

I know few and there is always few and i have enormous respect for them ..

Don`t be a stereotype ..
Then you do also know that standards in basic training are different for men and women for a reason. No matter the neo progressive agenda, ground realities shall always be the same. Sure you could have a woman who meets the bare minimum standard after repeated tries and assisted training but do you want her in your squad while conducting CQB ops.

This is not a Shiv Aroor novel and I don't see Pakistan/China our future enemies do anything as such. Do we gain anything if we put WiC in military capability other than political capital? At the best they are a partially mitigated liability. My friends at NDA call female officers abortion cases because of their short training. Even their fellow OTA officers are wary of such stupid suggestions. Next we will have trannies applying because 'Muh Equality'.

Spectribution

Tihar Jail
Banned
And the point of this quote - men are brave and women are cowards?
Nature is not stupid. Men are expendable, women aren't. All this stereotype talk is liberal shaming, bullying tactics. I have met with many such idealistic hotheads and their careers in military are washed out because of this. Then they petition courts to take them back.

Kay

Country flag
Nature is not stupid. Men are expendable, women aren't. All this stereotype talk is liberal shaming, bullying tactics. I have met with many such idealistic hotheads and their careers in military are washed out because of this. Then they petition courts to take them back.
Seriously, what is the point of that post?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The training is same for all at OTA or after service doing BPT, Male or female ..

I don`t like cooked up stories, Let it be you or your friend making one ..

Their are some fine reasons Late Brig Ray made in this thread, you can look up-to those for clue ..

Then you do also know that standards in basic training are different for men and women for a reason. Even their fellow OTA officers are wary of such stupid suggestions. Next we will have trannies applying because 'Muh Equality'.

Reactions: Kay

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
so its okay to risk men when your country is in danger but when times are good we have to pamper women and boost their egos.

Tommorrow when india develops all these cucks will spoil these women with lucrative jobs that are glamarous in key institutions just for sj and our story will be just like west where white men conquered,buit,invented and now their women just squander it.

Women have not earned their arrogance like men.If they want to be as egotistical like men then they better do every job like men exactly in the same nos as men.

Most of these women are okay becuz there is practically no social security like in the west,when we progress they will become just like women of the west and betray us.

No need to worship them.
Woman can be used as a devastating weapon in some of the modern warfare theaters.
Not all battles are fought in the front lines.

Some battles can be fought from a distance and can have a huge psychological impact.

Imagine if Muslim terrorists are being killed by woman snipers.
Imagine if captured terrorists or soldiers from Pakistan are being interrogated by woman.

This is where the typical islamic patriarchy can be used against them with devastating effect.

I am not the one who buys into the BS that woman and men are equal.
On the other hand I don't buy in the BS that men are superior to woman either.

Men have certain advantages over woman and vice versa. Front line battle unfortunately is one place we can do without woman. On flip side we can do with men never giving birth.

There is a lot of space in between these two and woman can be used with devastating effect in a lot of theaters of war.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The female soldier, who has not been named, hid behind a bush during the fierce engagement in which one soldier was killed and another injured. All three terrorists were killed by IDF troops, and much praise has been lavished on another female soldier, who charged into battle and killed one of the infiltrators.
Source : https://www.timesofisrael.com/female-soldier-hid-behind-bush-during-sinai-attack/

===================

From the source provided already, Such incident is not limited to females but also males ..

And the point of this quote - men are brave and women are cowards?

Krusty

Country flag
Israeli and Kurdish women are actively taking part in modern combat today.So did the Russians since WW2.
We should choose dedicated and motivated people to serve in the military - regardless of gender.
India's needs and issues are unique to our nation and we should do what best serves us.
We need not draw the battle lines in the same way as Democrats and Republicans of US. They are both stupid parties fighting over stupid issues.
Women need to be mobilised only when there is an all out war and resources (human) are scare. When a country has to throw everything it has got at the enemy, women are called upon. Israel isn't a large nation so the women have to be drafted to maintain the strength of forces that can be mobilised. Similarly, it is a fight for survival for the Kurds. They don't have the luxury of not drafting women.

Btw have you noticed the fertility rate of Israeli women? The average Israeli woman has three babies in her lifetime... why do you think this is?

IndianHawk

Country flag
Nations using their population best will move forward.
I think this is the sum of the matter. So what is the best use of population in Indian context. We are going to be the most populous nation on earth in a matter of few years. That means we shall not have shortage of fighting men in the coming decades.

But the nature of warfare will keep changing . It will be more technical with time. That will require more knowledgeable cadre. Thus we must incorporated women too in these roles where such technical capacity is required .

Where we need raw physical force we must stick with males. Behind the enemy lines survival has much to do with sheer physical stamina .

It's shouldn't be about what women are capable of but rather what women can deliver better , where and how??

For example medical and IT are two areas where women have been very effective while being comfortable.
First get more women into police and paramilitaries. Get them into army engineering , medical corps as well as signal and strategic forces.

Active combat duty must be left for those with highest physical and mental endurance. For women it is question that can be settled later down the road. We have no such desperation as Israel.
And army is not the right place to fight gender battle.

Kay

Country flag
I think this is the sum of the matter. So what is the best use of population in Indian context. We are going to be the most populous nation on earth in a matter of few years. That means we shall not have shortage of fighting men in the coming decades.

But the nature of warfare will keep changing . It will be more technical with time. That will require more knowledgeable cadre. Thus we must incorporated women too in these roles where such technical capacity is required .

Where we need raw physical force we must stick with males. Behind the enemy lines survival has much to do with sheer physical stamina .

It's shouldn't be about what women are capable of but rather what women can deliver better , where and how??

For example medical and IT are two areas where women have been very effective while being comfortable.
First get more women into police and paramilitaries. Get them into army engineering , medical corps as well as signal and strategic forces.

Active combat duty must be left for those with highest physical and mental endurance. For women it is question that can be settled later down the road. We have no such desperation as Israel.
And army is not the right place to fight gender battle.
You are underestimating what women can deliver. Even in medical and IT where you mention that women can deliver as good as men, they had faced similar resistance. I am not advocating lowering of criterion or quotas, but equal criterion to let the best individuals in. We are not in a hurry, but we need to start sometime.
It's better we allow women to choose their career choices than dictate them what they can and cannot do. Islamic nations do that and they are not the paragon of success.
If any individual meets the selection criterion, they should not be turned down because of our traditional idea of gender roles.

Krusty

Country flag
You are underestimating what women can deliver. Even in medical and IT where you mention that women can deliver as good as men, they had faced similar resistance. I am not advocating lowering of criterion or quotas, but equal criterion to let the best individuals in. We are not in a hurry, but we need to start sometime.
It's better we allow women to choose their career choices than dictate them what they can and cannot do. Islamic nations do that and they are not the paragon of success.
If any individual meets the selection criterion, they should not be turned down because of our traditional idea of gender roles.
Yes, but why dwell on combat duties alone? There are millions of fields where they can go, but won't..

After going through the history of third wave feminists and their narratives, I am inclined to believe they are acting like kids, like if one kid wants a toy which his/Her Friend has got, the kid will cry/whine/make a scene till the toy is procured, once it's possessed, the kid will lose interest in it in a matter of hours and toss it aside and will whine for a next toy that the kid sets its eyes on.

Indo not understand why this much talk is going on about just combat roles when they have millions of fields to choose from? I can only say they feel empowered if that have that choice in their list. Nothing more.

Women can very well apply for CDS and are eligible For OTA.

How many actually make an effort in that direction as a percentage compared to males who apply for the same? I am not talking about the ones who passed. I am talking about the ones who genuinely think they want to make an attempt. I know lots of males who wanted to join the forces. I am yet to see a woman who wanted nothing more than a career in the military.

I'm not saying there aren't any, but the actual percentage is dismal. And it only leads me to believe this call for women in combat role by feminists and 'progressives' is nothing more than an attempt to stroke their egos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles