Indian Woman for Combat Duties

Discussion in 'Indian Army' started by A.V., Sep 28, 2009.

1. Kay

Kay Regular Member

I wish you best of luck to get in territorial army and have great respect for your family members who served.

Amrk and Spectribution like this.
  2. Spectribution

Spectribution Tihar Jail Banned

Thanks. Lets agree to disagree then?

3. Kay

Kay Regular Member

I am feeling our worldviews are getting shaped by events in US and their political divisions. We need to think for ourselves. But, for now, we have to agree to disagree.

IndianHawk likes this.
  4. Spectribution

The US started this WiC it must end there as well. It was triggered by Obama's re-election. He rejected his own military's suggestion to not allow WiC and yet went through to set the stage for Hillary. Funny she lost and liberals are trying to spread their tentacles. Fight hard and show them no mercy.

PS:Read the reports. The links are up there in posts somewhere.

5. Kay

Kay Regular Member

I will surely read the posts.
    But here is my concern -
    Indian women served in the Indian National Army and we had female armed revolutionaries fighting for independence. This discussion is about Indian armed forces - not US.
    US cannot be our moral compass. A nation of 1 billion with a great heritage should be confident entough to forge her own path and ideas - or else we will remain trapped in pax-Americana.

6. Kunal Biswas

Kunal Biswas Member of the Year 2011 Moderator

Your exposure is limited ..

=======================

7. Spectribution

We already have women in semi combat rear echelon duties in militias like INA.They are called paramilitary units like ITBP,CRPF,CISF,Assam Rifles,etc.

Here's ground reality of infantry/armor/arty the 'combat arms' in war.

In combat endurance, aggression and maneuvering with loads under fire go a long way towards operational roles. In today's combat loads it's easily 50 - 70 kg as rifle,ammo,rucksack,BPJ,helmet,comm gear,sidearm,assault webbing,etc can tie you down. God help you if you are lmg gunner or mmg or mortar team member then easily 150 pound plus. All those jawans are 5'10 ish simply due to load carrying. In urban areas mechanised units cannot proceed due to rubble and must traverse on foot. In woodlands same. In mountain areas enjoy the rarefied air as you trudge along with 50+kg gear. They don't allow splints or knock knees for this very reason.

Women weigh less than the loads they carry. Also if a team member gets hit, she can't pick him up and run and will have to drag him by harness which makes her slow and a target. A screaming woman hit by flak will trigger men to abandon discipline and run head on to their deaths.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com...-general-bipin-rawat/articleshow/56528278.cms

http://www.npr.org/2015/09/10/43924...ase-results-of-study-on-women-in-combat-units

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...t-task-force-results-2015sep10-htmlstory.html

http://indiatoday.intoday.in/story/women-in-army-military-police-general-bipin-rawat/1/1014355.html

8. Spectribution

I agree I am not a serving member but I have studied IHS Jane's, military history, journals, memoirs, technical documents,etc extensively over the past years even attending multiple expos.

Also I am an E&TC engineer so I have to deal with defence cos regularly.

I believe I can make an educated opinion on this issue.

9. Kay

Kay Regular Member

My point is simple - if we have motivated people willing to fight - we should not create unnecessary constructs / hurdles to exclude them and should find ways to accommodate them. Not doing so is our loss. Nations using their population best will move forward.
    Women are running ultramarathons today and there are women body builders.
    Criterion should be based on merit and motivation, not gender.
    "A screaming woman..." - that's sexist bias which can be removed by training.

10. Kunal Biswas

After you mentioned so much about yourself, you should know training is not easy and plenty of people fail in it, Even after selection people still fail at BPT, Some do it regularly and they have to be reported, These people make excuses in fear of losing all, but their is a category i dislike even more who are young and gud for nothing and now a days their is sheer abundance of them..

Now these woman, ( Minus the MNS ) go though the same, They clear it as it should be and those don`t get out, These woman are better than hundreds of those men out there wasting oxygen ..

I know few and there is always few and i have enormous respect for them ..

Don`t be a stereotype ..

11. Spectribution

Nope - https://www.timesofisrael.com/female-soldier-hid-behind-bush-during-sinai-attack/

airtel likes this.
  12. Kay

Kay Regular Member

13. Spectribution

Then you do also know that standards in basic training are different for men and women for a reason. No matter the neo progressive agenda, ground realities shall always be the same. Sure you could have a woman who meets the bare minimum standard after repeated tries and assisted training but do you want her in your squad while conducting CQB ops.

This is not a Shiv Aroor novel and I don't see Pakistan/China our future enemies do anything as such. Do we gain anything if we put WiC in military capability other than political capital? At the best they are a partially mitigated liability. My friends at NDA call female officers abortion cases because of their short training. Even their fellow OTA officers are wary of such stupid suggestions. Next we will have trannies applying because 'Muh Equality'.

Hemu Vikram Aditya and airtel like this.
  14. Spectribution

Nature is not stupid. Men are expendable, women aren't. All this stereotype talk is liberal shaming, bullying tactics. I have met with many such idealistic hotheads and their careers in military are washed out because of this. Then they petition courts to take them back.

airtel likes this.
  15. Kay

Kay Regular Member

Seriously, what is the point of that post?

16. Spectribution

You asked for an explanation I gave one. That's all..

airtel likes this.
  17. Kunal Biswas

The training is same for all at OTA or after service doing BPT, Male or female ..

I don`t like cooked up stories, Let it be you or your friend making one ..

Their are some fine reasons Late Brig Ray made in this thread, you can look up-to those for clue ..

Kay likes this.
  18. Kay

Kay Regular Member

@Spectribution It's alright. We are all free to have our opinions. Let's agree to disagree.

19. prasadr14

prasadr14 Regular Member

Woman can be used as a devastating weapon in some of the modern warfare theaters.
    Not all battles are fought in the front lines.

Some battles can be fought from a distance and can have a huge psychological impact.

Imagine if Muslim terrorists are being killed by woman snipers.
    Imagine if captured terrorists or soldiers from Pakistan are being interrogated by woman.

This is where the typical islamic patriarchy can be used against them with devastating effect.

I am not the one who buys into the BS that woman and men are equal.
    On the other hand I don't buy in the BS that men are superior to woman either.

Men have certain advantages over woman and vice versa. Front line battle unfortunately is one place we can do without woman. On flip side we can do with men never giving birth.

There is a lot of space in between these two and woman can be used with devastating effect in a lot of theaters of war.

Kay likes this.
  20. Kunal Biswas

Source : https://www.timesofisrael.com/female-soldier-hid-behind-bush-during-sinai-attack/

===================

From the source provided already, Such incident is not limited to females but also males ..

Kay likes this.