Indian villagers win right to "return" to israel

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Indian villagers who claim to be a 'Lost tribe of Israel' to return to Jewish homeland after five year legal fight

- Villagers from northeastern India will be allowed to settle in Israel
- They claim to be the Bnei Menashe, who were banished from Israel in eight century BC
- They were recognised by a Rabbi in 2005 but many Israelis dispute it

Dozens of Indian Jews who claim to be the descendants of a lost biblical Jewish tribe emigrated to Israel from their village in India on Monday, celebrating their arrival after a five-year struggle to get in.

The Bnei Menashe, from the northeastern part of India, say they are descended from Jews banished from ancient Israel to India in the eighth century B.C.

An Israeli chief rabbi recognised them as one of the 10 'lost tribes' in 2005, and about 1,700 moved to Israel over the next two years before the government stopped giving them visas.

Israel recently reversed that policy, agreeing to let the remaining 7,200 Bnei Menashe immigrate.

Fifty-three arrived on a flight Monday. Michael Freund, an Israel-based activist on their behalf, said nearly 300 others will arrive in the coming weeks.

'After waiting for thousands of years, our dream came true,' said Lhing Lenchonz, 26, who arrived with her husband and 8-month-old daughter.

'We are now in our land.'

But not all Israelis think Bnei Menashe qualify as Jews, and some suspect they are simply fleeing poverty in India.

Avraham Poraz, a former interior minister, said they were not linked to the Jewish people. He also charged that Israeli settlers were using them to strengthen Israel's claims to the West Bank.

When Chief Rabbi Shlomo Amar recognized the Bnei Menashe as a lost tribe in 2005, he insisted they undergo conversion to be recognised as Jews.

He sent a rabbinical team to India that converted 218 Bnei Menashe, until Indian authorities stepped in and stopped it.

The Bnei Menashe come from the states of Mizoram and Manipur near India's border with Myanmar, where, they say, their ancestors landed after the Assyrians banished them.

Over the centuries they became animists, and in the 19th century, British missionaries converted many to Christianity.

Even so, the group says they continued to practice ancient Jewish rituals, including animal sacrifices, which they say were passed down from generation to generation.

Jews in the Holy Land stopped animal sacrifices after the destruction of the Second Temple in Jerusalem in 70 A.D.

Indian villagers who claim to be a 'Lost tribe of Israel' to return to Jewish homeland after five year legal fight | Mail Online

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Best of luck for their future in Israel, Please don't forget to thank Mother India who gave you shelter centuries ago.
I think India is the only place in the world where Jewish refugees were openly accepted and were able to live totally free of persecution.

India has a long history of accepting persecuted religious minorities, from Jews to Syriac Christians to Parsis and Baha'is.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I think India is the only place in the world where Jewish refugees were openly accepted and were able to live totally free of persecution.

India has a long history of accepting persecuted religious minorities, from Jews to Syriac Christians to Parsis and Baha'is.
Portugese colonists killed a lot of jews in India.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
ya yes They have Rights to live in their own Promised Land ...It's TIME TO SAY good bye my Indians go BACK YOUR Mother Land

The Jewish boss with you

KS

Bye bye DFI
Well tata bye bye.

SajeevJino

Long walk
Country flag
MAZAL TOV to our Bnei Menashe brothers and sisters from India who just made Aliyah...the prophecy of Jews returning to the Land of Israel is unfolding right before our eyes, Baruch HaShem!

KS

Bye bye DFI
On a side note : if tomorrow somehow Iran reverts to Zorastrianism, how many Parsis would go back or would they go back ?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
It is said that they will be an asset to the IDF.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
It is said that they will be an asset to the IDF.
Palestinians are out breeding Israeli Jews, these new migrants will add some numbers.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
So if the shit hits the fan and they want to came back to escape from the bullets do we take them back or not ?

mikhail

Country flag
So if the shit hits the fan and they want to came back to escape from the bullets do we take them back or not ?
i think they will opt for the dual citizenship status which the GOI has been giving to the NRIs from 2005-06!after all they are the citizens of India and we are bound to take them back if any untoward incident occur to them in Israel:cool2:!having said that i am absolutely sure that the Israeli people will give them adequate support and security when they will move to Israel!i can see the prophecy of uniting all the Jews in the world into a single Jewish state coming true:rolleyes:!well anyways my best wishes to all these people who are returning to their "promised" land after thousands of years:thumb:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
@civfanatic

Yep, they totally look like Jews to me.
American Revolution Blog: Native Americans and the Lost Tribes of Israel

The indigenous tribes of the "New World" have been a source of fascination not only for modern scholars, but for early American colonists as well. For hundreds of years, historians, anthropologists, archaeologists, and clergymen have argued over the origins of the diverse Native American tribes that once encompassed the entire face of North and South America. Even in our modern society, scholars of all types continue to argue over the origins of the indigenous tribes of the Americas, despite advances in genetics, cultural anthropology and history.

Perhaps the most provocative of all the theories regarding the origins of Native American tribes is the belief that they could be somehow linked to the 10 lost tribes of Israel. Even the earliest settlers and explorers of the New World were intrigued by the possibility of encountering a lost remnant of the House of Israel in the New World. Christopher Columbus, the man credited with "discovering" the New World, proclaimed that these newly discovered "Indians" were, in fact, of Jewish origins.

Columbus even suggested that Spain could, "recruit their bodies and their wealth to assist Europeans in a final crusade to crush Islam and reclaim Jerusalem" (Alan Taylor, American Colonies: The Settlement of North America, 33).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles