Indian states compared to countries on GDP/Per-capita

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!

Same map in Europe. Scandinavia is pretty well of. Of course our long history has helped us to get to this position. India is a young country, so you got time.
A question ... what is that dark black high GDP patch in france...... toulouse?

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
Pujnab is the most mal-administered state in India so no point even discussing about it.

Anyways, since my point was about urban Indians from metros.

For eg: Delhites with "Mercedes" do pay taxes and pay a very high rate but they don't get anything commiserate in return. Delhi contributes 1/6th of all Central Service and Income Tax.
I am not sure how many people who really pay income tax own Mercedes. But yes if you are in 30% income tax bracket, you do not get much in return from govt. services. But that would be true even for richest countries. Rich people always subsidize poor in some way, so their tax never pay back enough.

blueblood

We need not to earn as per other countries. Because in other countries inflation is high. You will NOT get 1kg rice in 40 rupees in Developed countries.
Try Rs 1.

Chhattisgarh: 'Chawal wale Baba'

http://www.firstpost.com/politics/c...an-singh-gives-bjp-hat-trick-win-1275765.html

The sheer amount of subsidies provided pan India is mind blowing. In MP, farmers don't have to pay for electricity or seeds and can get a loan at zero percent interest with state government as a guarantor.

now its no secret that india have largest poor population in world,
What is also no secret is that India is a very a corrupt place where you can get a BPL card for 500 bucks, no questions asked.

It is also a place where people earning Rs 5000 a month can be multi millionaires. Today's news BTW.

Dwivedi joined government service in 2003 and in these 12 years of service amassed property which is almost 1,000 times more than his known source of income, said Lokayukta sources.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-panchayat-secretary/articleshow/47349759.cms

salute

Same map in Europe. Scandinavia is pretty well of. Of course our long history has helped us to get to this position. India is a young country, so you got time.
its the currency 'euro' which is making them rich,
otherwise numbers are same as income per capita in indian states. :laugh:

Last edited:

jouni

its the currency 'euro' which is making them rich,
otherwise numbers are same as income per capita in indian states. :laugh:
Well, with current prices in Finland you have to work 3 minutes to earn money to buy one kg of rice. I do not know how long you have to work in India to buy a kg of rice.

salute

Well, with current prices in Finland you have to work 3 minutes to earn money to buy one kg of rice. I do not know how long you have to work in India to buy a kg of rice.
it also depends on how much work pays,

pay is different for very one,

on average in india person has to work more,

but again kg of rice is very cheap in euro,

so again its euro currency thats makes west rich.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

Dude, that makes no sense. 1 Japanese yen = 0.5 Rupees. Does Japan become poor because of that? Currencies don't matter, purchasing power matters.

jouni

Yes and EURO is strong because Europe is rich, stable, developed and strong. With your logic I could say that "In India the climate is warm only because India is situated close to equator ;)".

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Toulouse is south. This is Loir et Cher department. May be many rich Parisians have castles there.
Those castles are not exactly expensive. I told a relative to buy a couple of castles in Europe rather than buying a house in a posh area of Delhi.

Alien

Yes and EURO is strong because Europe is rich, stable, developed and strong. With your logic I could say that "In India the climate is warm only because India is situated close to equator ;)".
Yes, Europe is so rich because Europeans looted wealth from Aisa, Africa, South America, even from Greenland :D

On a serious note, please go through following articles

http://eh.net/book_reviews/why-euro...did-not-global-economic-divergence-1600-1850/

http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/discussion/lessons-from-history-how-europe-did-and-didnt-grow-rich

http://www.history.ac.uk/reviews/review/68

jouni

Yes, Europe is so rich because Europeans looted wealth from Aisa, Africa, South America, even from Greenland :D

On a serious note, please go through following articles

http://eh.net/book_reviews/why-euro...did-not-global-economic-divergence-1600-1850/

http://www.cam.ac.uk/research/discussion/lessons-from-history-how-europe-did-and-didnt-grow-rich

http://www.history.ac.uk/reviews/review/68
Interesting articles. I can symphatize with India. My country was also robbed by colonislists, ravaged by war and reduced to one of the poorest countries in Europe. Luckily we managed to recover somehow. It is great to know that we have so much in common with India.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
I am not sure how many people who really pay income tax own Mercedes. But yes if you are in 30% income tax bracket, you do not get much in return from govt. services. But that would be true even for richest countries. Rich people always subsidize poor in some way, so their tax never pay back enough.
Unless you are not paying income tax, driving a stolen Merc and sending all your income through Hawala abroad you are not a criminal in my eye.

But if you own a Mercedes and even if you don't pay Income Tax you are absolutely fine because you are in the dragnet of crazy (consumption/indirect) taxation.

Income Tax in India is a bit of a joke.

In any case big cities and a few states are subsidizing most of India.

Whether it was UPA or Modi sarkar both are too much into Social Security BS which Indian people can ill afford.

salute

there is no other reason behind west richness other than their currency,

and india hot and humid climate.

salute

Dude, that makes no sense. 1 Japanese yen = 0.5 Rupees. Does Japan become poor because of that? Currencies don't matter, purchasing power matters.
yes,but also japan have large economy and little population,

my point is india economy is not big enough for its hugh population.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
there is no other reason behind west richness other than their currency,

and india hot and humid climate.
False ... their small and close nit countries make it very very easy to centrally control, because they have had a high degree of trust in their governments. India's size is a major challenge that goes un noticed. Also we lost all our indigenous knowledge system and were "reverse industrialized" in the sense that the little textile industry we had was wiped out and the country that has world largest fertile land both by area and as percentage was forced on food handouts for the first two decades. India is a very very extreme case .... no comparison with finland. @jouni

jouni

yes,but also japan have large economy and little population,

my point is india economy is not big enough for its hugh population.
Why do you have so huge population? Is it prohibited to use condoms? Whats the point of having 1.25 Bn people when you cannot provide for them?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles