Indian states compared to countries on GDP/Per-capita

Rashna

Country flag
Goa is the richest state in india.... Going there next month..... celebrating my birthday there.:cruisin2:

jouni

Wow, Fertile land, good climate, close to enormous markets, young workforce, democracy... Still you are dirt poor. I just do not get it. I guess the world is not a fair place."

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Wow, Fertile land, good climate, close to enormous markets, young workforce, democracy... Still you are dirt poor. I just do not get it. I guess the world is not a fair place."
Notice Karnataka .... we are able to produce competitive IT products at rates/cost inputs of a country like Kiribti ... hope you don't work in ITES. lol

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
We need not to earn as per other countries. Because in other countries inflation is high. You will NOT get 1kg rice in 40 rupees in Developed countries.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Are these PPP based? If not, doesn't make much sense to speak of domestic economy in dollar terms.
It doesn't make sense that I make as much in a month as the richest state in a year. Where is the PPP map?

Khagesh

It doesn't make sense that I make as much in a month as the richest state in a year. Where is the PPP map?
It is supposed to be a per capita map.

Though I admit you could actually be making more in a month than the richest state in a year. We really have no way of knowing.

salute

this map does not means that those states are exactly like the countries whose name given to them,

it shows income per capita,

now its no secret that india have largest poor population in world,

india is rank 1 in poverty,

rank 2 in middle class after china,

rank 3 in country with most millionaires and billionaires (the ultra rich) after usa and china,

india is in top 3 in all three categories,

the reason for such poor low capita income is

india have hugh population and very low economy relative to that number of people,

so wealth distributed is also low,

otherwise india economy ranks 3rd in ppp module and 10th in nominal module,

you dont understand it because

you want to impose somehow that finland is rich and powerful than india,

or instead of b...r...a...i...n you have reindeer antlers. :laugh:

Last edited:

salute

then suggestion to you is to buy atleast couple of dozens of villas in india. :laugh:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Any Indian living in a metro city with a property would be richer than an average European.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Any Indian living in a metro city with a property would be richer than an average European.
If PPP is applied, a metro Indian is the same as me. That is what I think as once you have a flat, a car and money in the bank there is not much else that separates the quality of life.

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador
If PPP is applied, a metro Indian is the same as me. That is what I think as once you have a flat, a car and money in the bank there is not much else that separates the quality of life.
Or may be a little bit better because metro Indian can afford domestic help for cooking and cleaning.

jouni

Same map in Europe. Scandinavia is pretty well of. Of course our long history has helped us to get to this position. India is a young country, so you got time.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Also because they don't pay so many taxes!! Half of your pals from Punjab with Mercedes for eg!
Pujnab is the most mal-administered state in India so no point even discussing about it.

Anyways, since my point was about urban Indians from metros.

For eg: Delhites with "Mercedes" do pay taxes and pay a very high rate but they don't get anything commiserate in return. Delhi contributes 1/6th of all Central Service and Income Tax.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles