Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

singhboy98

Country flag
I dont see MSM reporting this incident.

http://www.defencenews.in/article/I...es-to-death-as-parachute-fails-to-open-547164

I believe we import the parachutes. How often does both primary and reserve fails to open.
These type of accidents happen most of the time due to the faulty packing of the chutes (parachutes have to be packed manually). Though the simultaneous failure of both the reserve and the main chute is relatively rare, 4-5 incidents like this happen in the US annually.

rkhanna

Country flag
MARCOS is currently cross training with Aussie CDT- 4 (UDT element of 2nd Cdo Regimnet). This is part Ausindex 2017.

Sadly CDT is a SOF Capable unit and not a fullblown SOF units. I wish MARCOS would spend more time cross training with other SOF units (like the Army, Garud and NSG).

Recently they have trained only with the Brazilian and South African Naval SF units and that massive ASEAN excercise. Other than that its been with the Royal Marines (not SBS) and other Naval VBSS teams.

MARCOS should not be left behind in the training evolution upgrade. They dont need to only participate during massive naval ex.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
MARCOS is currently cross training with Aussie CDT- 4 (UDT element of 2nd Cdo Regimnet). This is part Ausindex 2017.

Sadly CDT is a SOF Capable unit and not a fullblown SOF units. I wish MARCOS would spend more time cross training with other SOF units (like the Army, Garud and NSG).

Recently they have trained only with the Brazilian and South African Naval SF units and that massive ASEAN excercise. Other than that its been with the Royal Marines (not SBS) and other Naval VBSS teams.

MARCOS should not be left behind in the training evolution upgrade. They dont need to only participate during massive naval ex.
Just a thought!!!

Can it be not considered as a case that Aussies are upskilling them selves by training with Marcos ?

Give And take!!!

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
Just a thought!!!

Can it be not considered as a case that Aussies are upskilling them selves by training with Marcos ?

Give And take!!!
Aussie CDT have rich history of operations,are well equipped and regularly exercise with top global counterparts.

Give and take for sure.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

IndiaRising

Country flag
just saw the surgical strikes documentary. i have to say this mission looks much more complex than PoK one, although many details were left out, especially regarding the return to India after the mission was over. maybe for nat sec reasons, they left those details out.

rkhanna

Country flag
^^ Armchair popcorn time

interesting distribution of firepower and loadout in above picture (from whatever i can make out)

Count 21 Soldiers - 2 squads worth

- 1x DMR (Galatz) - looks like this guy like the AGLs, RCL and MGs is to there to provide fire support only. He will infil and exfil with the rest of the men - so not really a sniper
- 2x AGL
- 1x RCL
- 1x Supressed Weapon (why only one? and that too on a normal sized M4 barrel)
- 2x MGs (Belt fed - maybe time we moved to Box mags?)
- 2x UBGLs (i can see only two. )
- 5x NVGs (why not all?) - lead scouts?

rkhanna

Country flag
Btw an observation from the video. The part where its "81 hours" from mission they have the soldiers donig mock drills. First time in India i have seen Comm sets been worn at the back of the Vest. Fingers cross that true handsfree capability is finally being given to them.

Also the PKM with its dangling belt feed must have been a true bitch to hump 50km in and 50km out in some of the thickest rain forests in the world. Not to mention the guy in the video holding the CGL in a ready position while his supressed Uzi lies dangling to the side (is that SOP?)

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag
just saw the surgical strikes documentary. i have to say this mission looks much more complex than PoK one,
understand what you are saying but i disagree.

The Crossborder Op post Pathankhot was over Treacherous Mountain Terrain even if the distance was much shorter . The soldiers had to evade roving PA / BAT / SSG patrols and not to forget Jihadi's etc. Its one of themost heavily armed borders on the planet.

Post the op in the NE op there was a lower chance of an OpFor chasing them - against pakistan they had to Exfil quickly to prevent getting trapped in counter action. The exfil route was over equally brutal terrain.

Also dont forget all the ISR assets the opfor had in the region.

Both Ops were equally challenging at totally opposite ends of the spectrum. Only commonality was mission success through good intelligence and fire superiority and No Casualties.

rkhanna

Country flag
Just a thought!!!

Give And take!!!
Fairenough if this was a one on one ex. The exchange was part of a larger naval wargame. In such its ops its feel good interoperability first and getting used to each other. IMO little each side gained. MARCOS needs more one on one exchanges like the NSG and Army SF and even Garuds.

So far they have trained with Russian Naval Infantry, Royal Marine Commandos and other VBSS teams. the only real SF ex they did was with the Brazlian and SA SF recently and the ASEAN exercise.

PS - CDT is a UDT with direct focus on Explosives. Their Deployment in iraq and Astan was in the Counter IED sphere. They operate as part of the larger 2nd Cdo Regiment of Australia alongside the SASR.

rkhanna

Country flag
*Ghataks should be given more respect..training should be continous and a badge for their Arms to give them recognition.
On the issue of Ghataks - just bear with my brain fart but today Ghatak platoons are selected post Cdo School Belgaum and them being the best Soldiers in a Battalion they get stuck in a platoon.

Each Battalion trains the Ghataks its own way - Sometimes differing within the same regiment.

What if -

Instead of Battalion hosting their own Ghatak Platoons each Regiment Consolidated the G Platoons into a Ghatak Battalion. Each G Battalion will be broken down into Squadrons to support battalions on rotation / deployment.

At the Corp level Ghatak battalions will be at the disposal of theater/ Corp commander for judicial employment on a Tactical Level. Primarily given 1) Scout/Sniper Support, 2) LRRP 3) QRT to the Corp / Theater level operations and providing support to Strategic SF missions. This will free up SF to pursue more strategic taskings

This is the same structure employed by the USMC where Force and Radio Recon Marine Battalions (now called MARSOC) supported Marine Expeditionary Units.

They will have standardized training and equipment acorss theater Commands not to forget that they would provide a more fertile and seasoned (and mature) feeding ground for SF

abingdonboy

Country flag
Para SF - History Channel
Courtesy : Facebook
Have to say this is beyond disappointing.

Take away the Tavors and what about these guys is world class? Pathetic NODs, pathetic PPE, crappy comms no doubt etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles