Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I have already posted on them being a paper tiger.

Unfortunately, only these lines are dedicated to Chinese paratroopers.
I am really giving a neutral and unbiased opinion here.

The only word without insulting that i can use for their training is 'basic'.

Which SF in the world would get trainee who are firing a weapon for the first time?

Majority of the time they were focusing on drills like North koreans focus too much on martial arts training.All this is unnecessary.

Snipers were taking shots from 200 mtrs.Their long route runs were 45 kms with half of the trainees puking and carrying Gatorade kind of drinks.This doesnt happen anywhere.

Their CQB was horrible for any SF standard.

And this was Beijing brigade SF.With this kind of training forget US even Indian SF will be too much for them.

mayfair

forget US even Indian SF will be too much for them.
What are you trying to say there?

Regarding the training, I don't think any SF will really showcase their full training on TV.

Sometime what we do not know does not imply lack of it.

How many folks here truly know of the actions undertaken by South Korean special forces deep inside North Korea?

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag
That they are considering themselves a challenge to US which they are not.

They have a long way to even compete with Indian SF.
So, do you think that our SF is not upto the level of US SF when it comes to technique? Forget weapons, we are years back, but I think our SF is equally good in technique.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
What are you trying to say there?

Regarding the training, I don't think any SF will really showcase their full training on TV.

Sometime what we do not know does not imply lack of it.

How many folks here truly know of the actions undertaken by South Korean special forces deep inside North Korea?
No SF will also like to show ankles broken on tv and snipers taking shots from 200 mtrs.

No one wants to be a joke in the name of secrecy.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
So, do you think that our SF is not upto the level of US SF when it comes to technique? Forget weapons, we are years back, but I think our SF is equally good in technique.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk
Techique and tactics plus motivation is not the question.

The question is Budget,political will and our resources to pull something off?

Can we kill Dawood?No
Can we kill Hafeez saed?No
Can we take out a Future paki dictator?No

US can do a Yes on all three.

How can we even compare ourselves to them when their SF/Special ops budget is more than our Army budget?

Our Army is 1.3 million and their SF is some tens of thousand.

On top of that they are really experienced.

IndiaRising

Country flag

Can we kill Dawood?No

How can we even compare ourselves to them when their SF/Special ops budget is more than our Army budget?

a higher budget doesn't mean a higher success rate. US has lost in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan despite a much superior army and better equipped troops, especially the special forces. even the OBL story reeks of suspicion for me. i don't believe pakis were caught off-guard especially when OBL was hiding right in the vicinity of their military academy. it was more likely a deal between CIA and ISI. pakis are so shameless that for money, they will allow a foreign country's military to hit deep within their own area.

aditya g

Country flag

Can we kill Dawood?No

Before Surgical Strikes people questioned;

Can we kill terrorists in their camps?

We know the answer now. As you know a plan was hatched to kill Dawood but is reported to have been stopped at last minute. I hope one day we get those 2 mofos but in the mean time wont underestimate our SFs capability in doing it.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
a higher budget doesn't mean a higher success rate. US has lost in Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan despite a much superior army and better equipped troops, especially the special forces. even the OBL story reeks of suspicion for me. i don't believe pakis were caught off-guard especially when OBL was hiding right in the vicinity of their military academy. it was more likely a deal between CIA and ISI. pakis are so shameless that for money, they will allow a foreign country's military to hit deep within their own area.
Well,if you talk of a SF of a professional army you have to give them the budget.

The attacker needs more than the defender in many cases.

The US Seals did a pretty good job in Vietnam and elsewhere.

A higher budget means more skill,more technology,more resources.

If we had the money to own stealth helis could we have not killed anyone anywhere?

Any decent SF could kill OBL after getting down from the heli.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Before Surgical Strikes people questioned;

Can we kill terrorists in their camps?

We know the answer now. As you know a plan was hatched to kill Dawood but is reported to have been stopped at last minute. I hope one day we get those 2 mofos but in the mean time wont underestimate our SFs capability in doing it.
I am not one of those.I knew these kind of raids have been going on since 90s.

I will ask you one thing..Can we send a team in Pakistan to kill someone and bring all of them back alive?

aditya g

Country flag
A titbit from Yemen operation. The operators were actually the first Indian Navy men to set foot in Aden. They came in quietly from INS Sumitra when the ship was a good 14 miles out at sea. Albeit a rescue op, this illustrates a capability which only MARCOS have amongst Indian SF.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
A titbit from Yemen operation. The operators were actually the first Indian Navy men to set foot in Aden. They came in quietly from INS Sumitra when the ship was a good 14 miles out at sea. Albeit a rescue op, this illustrates a capability which only MARCOS have amongst Indian SF.

Well thats the capability only they should have.Which other SF would be boarding Naval ships?

But thats not the main thing.The main thing is that the Marines would have been ideal for such a situation.

8 Marcos were handling the security parameter of INS Sumitra along with armed naval personnel.

Instead,the ship should have a bigger number of marines with 8 to 10 Marcos.It would be an ideal combination for any contingency.

Indian Sniper.001

Country flag

Can we kill Dawood?No

I would go on the limp here and say, yes we have the men to go across and kill them. But it falls back to the political will. The govt. wouldn't give the order for various geopolitical reason, infact such an action might actually lead to a war, etc, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles