Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devhensh

Scoped rifle looks like Galatz. Rear sight block and upturned charging handle say Galil heritage.
It's 100% a Galil Sniper rifle called the "Galil Galatz", which is preferred by PARA SF.... a dead give away is the offset scope over the iron sights, apart from other things you mentioned
upload_2017-12-10_11-28-59.png

IndiaRising

Country flag
Special operations India : Surgical strikes - History Channel

Which helmet at 1:35?
as 2019 comes, don't be surprised if video footage of surgical strikes comes out.

i think the commanding officer shown is Major Suri. the body physique looks the same. don't know about the other two officers

Last edited:

rkhanna

Country flag
as 2019 comes, don't be surprised if video footage of surgical strikes comes out.

i think the commanding officer shown is Major Suri. the body physique looks the same. don't know about the other two officers
Yea I wouldnt be suprised either. Political expediency has ensured Opsec has gone out the window.

Do you know any other country (maybe except Russia or china) where Operational SOF soldiers go on TV/ Documentaries to discuss operations?

IndiaRising

Country flag
Yea I wouldnt be suprised either. Political expediency has ensured Opsec has gone out the window.

Do you know any other country (maybe except Russia or china) where Operational SOF soldiers go on TV/ Documentaries to discuss operations?
if the army doesn't have problem with it, why do you? do you think senior officers will risk the safety of their best men? do you see officers appearing regularly to discuss every single operation they have undertaken? this unique operation was india's pride and the more common people find out about it, the better.

we have chewtiyas in our country who are a part of the political system who deny these strikes ever happened. its important to counter that.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
What do you expect the footage to be..a HD film?

The footage is black and white with bad quality pictures but more importantly specifications that could be used against us.

Neither the US nor the Russians release any of such footage in public.

On top of that the bastard politicians of this country with their fathers sitting in a masjid in Pakistan will start jumping calling it fake.

Pakistani Army will claim it is a bollywood movie made after 3 years and 100 crore budget.

And even a normal Indian like me will question what is the reason to release it after 3 years?If it was to be released then it should have been done in a few hours after the incident.

The story needs to be told and is being told...Do nothing more nothing less.

IndiaRising

Country flag
What do you expect the footage to be..a HD film?

The footage is black and white with bad quality pictures but more importantly specifications that could be used against us.

Neither the US nor the Russians release any of such footage in public.

On top of that the bastard politicians of this country with their fathers sitting in a masjid in Pakistan will start jumping calling it fake.

Pakistani Army will claim it is a bollywood movies made after 3 years and 100 crore budget.

And even a normal Indian like me will question what is the reason to release it after 3 years?If it was to be released then it should have been done in a few hours after the incident.

The story needs to be told and is being told...Do nothing more nothing less.
lt general hooda, in his interview to Republic, clearly mentioned that they have good quality video of the entire operation. it will most likely be edited so as to not reveal any major operational details, but definitely be incriminating on the pakistani side.

you guys are not forgetting the psychological impact it will have on Pakistan. their whole population believes their mard-e-momins are Iron Man's bhatijas and that no harm can ever be inflicted on those losers. for too long, india has ignored psy-warfare as a means to humiliate the enemy.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
lt general hooda, in his interview to Republic, clearly mentioned that they have good quality video of the entire operation. it will most likely be edited so as to not reveal any major operational details, but definitely be incriminating on the pakistani side.
No its not.He said it just shows black men moving and white color fire.

You have to understand it wont show faces or any of the details.

In this age of HD/Go pro cameras it wont show anything substantial to claim anything.

What is good is that this documentary should be later broadcasted internationally.Like i was today watching the Chinese SF documentary on History channel.

IndiaRising

Country flag
No its not.He said it just shows black men moving and white color fire.

You have to understand it wont show faces or any of the details.

In this age of HD/Go pro cameras it wont show anything substantial to claim anything.

What is good is that this documentary should be later broadcasted internationally.Like i was today watching the Chinese SF documentary on History channel.
i ask you to please watch the video again. arnab actually pestered him on this question for a long time and in the end, lt general hooda talked about the good quality video on our side .

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
i ask you to please watch the video again. arnab actually pestered him on this question for a long time and in the end, lt general hooda talked about the good quality video on our side .
No you dont understand..Explain me what will you expect the video to show?

What exactly will it show that will convince people?

NOTHING!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles