Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Ask yourself who stopped IA from buying it

Are we are short on money Big No

American aid you talking about is Negligent if you compare budget sanctioned to SF by Defense accounts yearly

Commander's personal fund is raised to thousand crore

It's our Own incumbent nature to not Utilize resources we have to our profiency
But spend money on buying subsidiced Chivas regal and Jonny walker

Though things are improving since New govt came to power
Firstly,there is no centralised procurement wing which will decide what needs to be bought and under what specifications.

X unit wants Tom Y wants Dick and Z says it likes Harry.And all three units are doing the same job.

All focus is on buying tanks which haven't seen action since 1971.Whereas the soldier who is fighting everyday in Kashmir has no one to worry about his struggles.

He has clothes which are not water resistant,boots which are not slip free,gloves which are made by his mother,sunglasses not allowed coz of his seniors,helmets which are old,rifles which have no night sights.

But all we want is tanks.

Its a shame the soldiers have to buy clothing and boots in our Army.

And our Generals return the unspent amount from the budget so proudly!!!!

Most of the fidayeen attacks get x number of soldiers killed in the first 5 minutes because of the confusion of the camo worn by the terrorist.

aditya g

Country flag
Interesting picture. Any chance its the combat free fall badge?

Is that the Commando Dagger on the pocket?

What is the lady officer's role in the unit?

RR Colonel in the centre belonged to SG.Doesnt seem to be a Para SF guy or does he?
Has done Para jumps for sure!

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Interesting picture. Any chance its the combat free fall badge?

Is that the Commando Dagger on the pocket?

What is the lady officer's role in the unit?
Looks like a SG badge for sure.

Yea looks like a commando badge.

The woman is a unit medical officer if i am not mistaken.Its a blurry photo when you zoom.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Remembering Sagat Singh (1918-2001)

Sagat Singh surprised everyone by making a lightning advance against the Portuguese forces, when the operations began on Dec 18th, 1961. Even though his main task was only a supportive role and the capture of the Goan capital of Panjim was never tasked as its objective, his troops overwhelmed the Portugese forces and achoieved objectives that were beyond his initial purview. Using improvised resources wherever possible, the troops of his Brigade crossed its riverine obstacles by rafts and local boats and were the first troops to enter Panjim by Dec 19th, 1961. On Sagat Singh’s orders, the troops entering the capital removed their steel helmets and wore the Parachute Regiment’s maroon berets. This was Sagat Singh’s way of making a statement .

https://www.bharat-rakshak.com/ARMY/personnel/martyrs/175-Sagat-Singh.html

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Looks like a SG badge for sure.

Yea looks like a commando badge.

The woman is a unit medical officer if i am not mistaken.Its a blurry photo when you zoom.
Any one who clears the selection trials gets into SG and there is no exclusivity for SF or airborne .The martyred officer from 21st para last year in NE was from arty who got deputed into SG before being selected for 21 Para.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Any one who clears the selection trials gets into SG and there is no exclusivity for SF or airborne .The martyred officer from 21st para last year in NE was from arty who got deputed into SG before being selected for 21 Para.
I know somebody in the Army who did his para jump in his 40s.Am i right in assuming that he has a call from a Special Unit?

He wont disclose and i dont know if you can volunteer to be para jump qualified for funs sake.

IndiaRising

Country flag
name of the soldier?

30 characters

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
I know somebody in the Army who did his para jump in his 40s.Am i right in assuming that he has a call from a Special Unit?

He wont disclose and i dont know if you can volunteer to be para jump qualified for funs sake.
I was referring to the officer with para wings and a probability of his association with any Special unit in past .
Btw if a Special force operative got transferred to a regular unit for some medical reason or any such cause,will he able to wear the maroon beret or he has to wear the beret of the unit to which he had transferred to?

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
I was referring to the officer with para wings and a probability of his association with any Special unit in past .
Btw if a Special force operative got transferred to a regular unit for some medical reason or any such cause,will he able to wear the maroon beret or he has to wear the beret of the unit to which he had transferred to?
I was asking you a question and you put a question for me haha :biggrin2::biggrin2:

He will be wearing the unit beret i guess.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
Haha....Sorry Budd , I didn't got your question at first ,any way if he had got para wings at 40 then he must be of some special capability like MI/RAW or something .
But my friend once told.me that leisure jump is allowed or something like that.. Honestly no clarity about that.
PS: some one here had posted a pic of JK SOG person with para wings iirc.Gof knows the purpose of it

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
What is the significance of a cross bow over a silenced pistol , Uzi/mp9 which are more light weight and easily concealable ?Even recently they were spotted with crossbows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles