Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Actually,i dont know what i am even trying to prove?

I am just trying to say that we should not rely on these foreigners and develop our own resources so one day we dont need them and our security is in our own hands.

The Indian Army higher command and government where there are real Generals and knowledgeable people like Doval have already made the decision which is similar to what i am suggesting!!

Before 1990 there was only SFF for the north east.

Presently,we have--

21 Para raised in 1996 doing a excellent job every day in North east.Already done 2 surgical strikes in Burma.

12 para already working there.

11 Para newly raised.

ITBP airborne troops which these chutias are opposing and supporting tibetans!

So, we have got the dependency less on them now.

SFF has no operation in decades.

SFF is divided in Vikas Units and SG and Archers unit which these chutia dont know.

I am only suggesting to take off the Vikas units but to keep the SG and Archers unit.

SG comprises all Para.

Archers unit comprises Para and Gurkha.

I dont see any problem with this.

rkhanna

Country flag
How feasible would it be for us to structure and set up command chains for our SF units like the Russian Alfa, Vympel and Vityaz spetsnaz groups ? They too report to different branches like MVD/GRU/FSB and have specialized roles.
NSG are still India's premier anti-Hijacking force and in fact this is almost entirely a police/intervention force mission- it's actually not true that any US military unit is tasked with this. If it came to it the US would employ the FBI HRT to take down a plane on foreign soil, just like India would use the NSG (and was prepared to do in for IC 184). The FBI HRT has actually operated outside of the US and is often attached to US SOFs on foreign tours.

There is no reason for the NSG to be under a MOD SOCOM or SOD, this was a silly idea mooted a while ago. The NSG has a very specific and limited mission profile and has no business mixing with military units primarily focused on external missions.
While i agree with you 100% . Just one correction. SFOD-D is the PREMIER anti aircraft HT/HRT unit in the west. They literally wrote the book on taking down airplanes which HRT follows today.

Outside US Soil Delta will take the lead and on at least 1 domestic Incident Delta operators were on standby embedded clandestinely in HRT (will re-read the book and tell you the incident) but you can do a little search on SOFREP for more info. The short lived Father to Delta's CT skills was a unit called Blue Light made from the US 5th SFG

Source for above includes: Beckwith's Memoirs, Inside Delta Force, No Hero's - Inside HRT, SOFREP

Willy2

Ok...I see lots of mud throwing about SFF and it's loyalty.....

Ok.. ever "liberation of Tibet" was primary objective of SFF ? I think SFF eliminate various terrorist outfit who have camps in Chinese provinces like in deep forest of sichuan and high lands of Tibet etc ....

Those who join SFF , join it knowing the reality and they join because as for tibetan immigrant their family suffer due to CCP 's aggression...they might join thinking they avenging their past loss or they join to repay the debt of theirs to our country...

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
[Mod Edit: --Redacted--]

Tibetan operator of SG.
Even MARCOS have been deputed to SG..big deal? In future GARUDS may be deputed too.Is the strength of Tibetans in SG more than 60%?

If not how can you claim that they are of any big advantage to us.

Prove your point of Tibetans paying taxes and being a benefit to us rather than of us being beneficial to them.

Also prove the point of them being of a big edge to us in any war.

I will now post links to multiple links claiming SG is all Army.

Set up in the early 80s, the unit is located at Chakrata in Uttarakhand and Sarsawa in Uttar Pradesh (UP). All personnel are from the army.
http://www.hindustantimes.com/punja...-of-stealth/story-qoVFwEMb9kHXNov80WKQRL.html

Special Group who are also known as The mavericks or 22 Special Forces or Super Para SF is basically a battalion-size force of officers and operatives came on deputation from different battalions Indian Para Special Forces, it is said that some special group operatives were merged with NSG when they formed to give them special operations expertise cause most of the NSG operatives are Central Action Police Force (CAPF) who have none or little knowledge of action. Special Group directly reports to RAW Chief, we can say that they kick doors for RAW and execute them who RAW find a threat to national security.
https://elitepredators.wordpress.com/2016/08/24/special-group-or-22-sf-or-the-mavericks-2/

(This graphic descirbes the exact structure of Special Frontier Force , which is divided into 3 parts – Vikas Battalions which consists of Tibetan refugees as jawans who are commanded by Indian Officers , Special Group which has jawans as well as officer of Indian ethnicity and at last , the Archer battalion which has Gurkha troops with Indian Officers)
http://thestrategictimes.com/special-group-4-vikas-indias-clandestine-unit/

These men formed the nucleus of an ultra-elite and highly classified new detachment, known as the Special Group. It is a volunteer force and people are inducted only after a very tough probation and selection process. Alone among the 'Vikas regiments' or SFF battalions, it is not made up of Tibetans but exclusively recruits Indians volunteering from Indian Army units.
https://www.quora.com/What-are-all-...at-kind-of-ops-are-they-currently-involved-in

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Ok...I see lots of mud throwing about SFF and it's loyalty.....

Ok.. ever "liberation of Tibet" was primary objective of SFF ? I think SFF eliminate various terrorist outfit who have camps in Chinese provinces like in deep forest of sichuan and high lands of Tibet etc ....

Those who join SFF , join it knowing the reality and they join because as for tibetan immigrant their family suffer due to CCP 's aggression...they might join thinking they avenging their past loss or they join to repay the debt of theirs to our country...
And what if they end up being spies?

Read this..

THE PORTER INCIDENT

There were many reports of Chinese Moles operating inside India during the Indo-Sino war in 1962 , one such incident was narrated by Major General KK Tewari where he recollects the memories of the battle of Tawang , he says that once a Brigade Signal officer after a strenuous journey halted and found that the Generators which were used to charge the batteries of the signalling and communications sets were missing , on further questioning and enquiry by him he found that the civilian porters had “Accidentally” dropped those generators inside a ridge which were irretrievable. One more incident which gave a major blow to the communication capabilities was that the batteries which had arrived didn’t have acid in them making them obsolete , again after the enquiry it was learned that the porters has spilled the acid on their way. After a few rounds of investigation it was found that the porters were on the payroll of the Chinese.
CHINESE PORTERS
Lieutenant General Kaul had to be evacuated from Namkha Chu , as he had fallen sick due to the altitude on October 9 , 1962. He was carried by pick a back by local porters.
t was later discovered that one of them was a Chinese interpreter in a PoW camp in Tibet. The secrets were out!
http://thestrategictimes.com/chinese-spies-1962-war/

If this can happen in 1962..imagine what can happen in 2017.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
According to INDRA the next in line for airborne troops are CRPF.

They claim that training is being carried out by the Army and few officers have been trained too...and have conducted such an exercise in the jungle according to them.

About the ITBP i am pretty sure the skill is required.I dont know what use will this be to the CRPF.

Immanuel

Country flag
Like your vision for tibet mate :ear:
Well, it would be inevitable, the politics of this suppressed region is far too weak to be a State of India after a war, secondly being bordered with China would require a strong local security situation, making it a Union Terrirory allows direct Central Govt. control with his holiness Dalai Lama being the spiritual leader and one of his top ranking followers would end up being the CM.

Another Strike Corp would then come up in the area to have a strong build up, perhaps even another Para SF battalion too.

COLDHEARTED AVIATOR

Country flag
Helmets seem to be for para jump.

Are they used for combat also ?
No,they are not used in combat.

The US SF starting using the skateboard helmets and kneepads/elbowpads because they thought they had a higher risk of dying from the fall from a helicopter than bullets.

So,such helmets are important as they provide higher protection against accidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles