Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarshBardhan

Casper
RR in Kashmir though one source was telling they are 23rd Para ( Airborne )

CRPF COBRA

NSG-Old Pic

Para SF

NSG Commando

NSG Commando

They were mentioned by the page as NSG , but are they ? Can anyone clarify ?

HarshBardhan

Casper
One hell of a legend : MARCO Ajay Thapa with Combat diver badge , SEAL Trident , Frogman Badge , and MARCO badge.

I also got another pic where a MARCOS Operative with SEAL Trident

Can anyone please clarify and enlighten me that are there some sort of exchange program with US Navy SEAL and are there other operatives as well ? Because I saw many times in fanboy blogs that MARCOS operatives easily qualify the SEAL course.

WARREN SS

Country flag
One hell of a legend : MARCO Ajay Thapa with Combat diver badge , SEAL Trident , Frogman Badge , and MARCO badge.

Can anyone please clarify and enlighten me that are there some sort of exchange program with US Navy SEAL and are there other operatives as well ? Because I saw many times in fanboy blogs that MARCOS operatives easily qualify the SEAL course.
Most these Pictures Already posted My friend

rkhanna

Country flag
PARA, look at the sights

--------------------
I could be wrong . But from what I remember it's a Marcos member in Kashmir with a para unit. The picture is dated. Could be that they were using para kit before the Marcos got them .

But the again I could be wrong . Age makes memory fuzzy.

PS. Regarding Ajay thapa. Believe he served in Somalia during the blackhawkdown event

rkhanna

Country flag

Not an exchange program. Earlier select Marcos personnel used to go through buds . Not 100% cleared. Those who did got.the budwisers . This stopped for awhile when relations soured during the sanctions .

sthf

Country flag
@HarshBardhan MARCOS was founded on lines of Navy Seals. It's founding fathers then Lt. Arvind Singh and Lt. Shamsher Singh Deopa went through BUDS in the early 80s and excelled at the course. Then they recreated the course here in India and borrowed some advanced training features from multiple sources including Sayeret Matkal and Para SF among others.

The gentleman Ajay Thapa served in Somalia during US operation in 1990s along with Navy Seals and most likely exchanged the badges with them as a sign of camaraderie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles