Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

abingdonboy

Country flag
They could have made a meaningful program even without showing weapons and tactics. Our camera quality has gone up from 480p to 4k but the art of narration has gone down.

There is an old docu about SF, see how well made this is. It takes the viewer through the journey that the SF recruit goes through.

Probation, training, basic tactics, advanced tactics, equipment, infiltration techniques, para jumps. In an 11 minute video they have shown all relevant bits without disclosing any sensitive data.
The best documentaries I have seen on Indian SFs has got to be "Line of Duty" from waaaay back:

Maroof Raza is THE MAN, no other reporter comes close to him in India

sthf

Country flag
Maroof Raza is THE MAN, no other reporter comes close to him in India
Couldn't agree more. There's a reason for that. Unlike the semi literate bumbling idiots who tend to sell the chooran of nationalism wrapped in sensationalism, he was a Major in IA and conducts himself accordingly.

It's a bloody shame that the cunt who got people killed in Kargil and Mumbai became the household name and this exceptional gentleman remained in the shadows for a long long time.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Couldn't agree more. There's a reason for that. Unlike the semi literate bumbling idiots who tend to sell the chooran of nationalism wrapped in sensationalism, he was a Major in IA and conducts himself accordingly.

It's a bloody shame that the cunt who got people killed in Kargil and Mumbai became the household name and this exceptional gentleman remained in the shadows for a long long time.
Too true bro! The fact he isn't a household name in India is criminal.

Every single time I have seen him on tv he has conducted himself very well and been able to articulate himself better than I have ever seen any patriot on tv do.

He is an all round exceptional fellow; articulate, knowledgable, patriotic and agressive. Wish he would get more attention and more opportunites to shame the Pakis.

sthf

Country flag
@abingdonboy

The good thing is that since 2016 a rat race has ensued in the media to sell nationalism.

So I am confident that Maroof Raza and others like him will have their day in the sun.

One more thing that I'd like to add is the production value. NDTV produced finest shows on defence because of the production value. Even the illiterate Bihari maha chutiya like Rajiv Ranjan couldn't dissuade me from watching Watan ke rakhwale. Recent short film on Hangpan Dada was absolutely superb and I am hoping that it'd the first among many to come.

aditya g

Country flag
Yes, truly a surprise. Lady personnel are enlisted in SFF, but should be of Tibetan or at most Gorkha castes. She doesn't seem to be either. Neither she is an officer so that rules out doctor as well.

@vinod you may want to redact the image.

How would a woman be able to qualify for Special Group?

WARREN SS

Country flag
Yes, truly a surprise. Lady personnel are enlisted in SFF, but should be of Tibetan or at most Gorkha castes. She doesn't seem to be either. Neither she is an officer so that rules out doctor as well.

@vinod you may want to redact the image.
He Is male With long hair :rofl::rofl::megusta::cruisin2:

Vinod DX9

Country flag
No need of redact as He is He
Yah a female in suchba badass org would be much appreciated

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Are we fucking kidding or what :lol: She ain't SG. She is wearing the uniform of Havaldar, a NCO post in which women are not recruited in India let alone in SG

Probably the wife of the operator. I can post 100s of pics where operators click pics of their wifes and even 60 year old Mother in SF dress

Bhai @hammer head check this out

FB_IMG_1500739131490.jpg

Last edited:

abingdonboy

Country flag
Are we fucking kidding or what :lol: She ain't SG. She is wearing the uniform of Havaldar, a NCO post in which women are not recruited in India let alone in SG

Probably the wife of the operator. I can post 100s of pics where operators click pics of their wifes and even 60 year old Mother in SF dress

View attachment 18040
My thought also was that the uniform looks ill-fitted

As I said above, there's no way a woman could pass the physical selection process of PARA (SF) let alone Special Group.

+ posing in husband's unifrom is one thing but with an actual military assualt rifle? That's totally inappropriate especially for an elite unit, these guys should be more profesional than that.

aditya g

Country flag
@Bornubus is spot on.

Nevertheless, for sake of record, SFF does have women NCOs;

@abingdonboy

View attachment 18040
She could be part of SFF but she is wearing a SG badge, @Bornubus 's assesment is spot on, women aren't even recruited as NCOs in the Indian army.
Not really, these guys are the best of the best- no way a woman could meet the standards and Military is no place for tokenism, least of all special units.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles