Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Navy to procure integrated combat system for Marine Commandos

"We want the ICS to provide enhanced capabilities such as tactical awareness and fighting ability in hostile environment and a network which can enable Group Commanders to remotely monitor and control operations," Navy officials told said here.
The individual equipment required by the Navy in the ICS includes light weight helmets, head-mounted displays, tactical and soft ballistic vests along with communication equipment.

The group-level gear requirements include command and control and surveillance systems along with high speed communication equipment.

The Navy wants the integrated surveillance devices to have sight for the sniper, laser range finder and long range thermal imager (medium and long range) and near IR laser pointer for a combat group to undertake surveillance, reconnaissance and targeting.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag

A MARCOS operator descends from a a Sea King Mk.42C helicopter to a Gemini raiding craft by means of a caving ladder.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag

A MARCOS operator armed with an MP-5, grenades and crossbow. The crossbow was used for sentry elimination and silent killing with cyanide tipped arrows and has been replaced by less cumbersome silenced pistols. Note the trademark beard - the Indian Navy is the only branch of the military that permits beards for non-Sikh members.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

shows their confidence in INSAS, i saw IA using plastic cover on their INSAS with amphibian landing exercise.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
MARCOS during Mumbai attack

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

shows their confidence in INSAS, i saw IA using plastic cover on their INSAS with amphibian landing exercise.
Plastic bag with Rifle as cover from sand and salt is stranded procedure, regardless what rifle they are using..

IA used to use FAL before in Amphibian Ex, Same rules since then..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
"SAY Cheese and puts your hands up .. " Thats what these Marcos told these pirates..

SPIEZ

Country flag
MARCOS are the only forces in India who are allowed to sport a beard.

Check the first guy. Although I couldn't figure out what gun is he holding with left hand.
Hate to be a stickler, but other special operational forces are allowed to sport a beard.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
self deleted...

Last edited:

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
@SPIEZ

Which special forces are they?

Only Navy permits beard for non-sikh personals.

SPIEZ

Country flag
@SPIEZ

Which special forces are they?

Only Navy permits beard for non-sikh personals.
I think they belong to SOG J&K. I hear they too are allowed to sport beards.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Sometimes undercover special-ops commandos do sport beard, subject to CO's permission. Other forces do not enjoy this privilege.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
newly created Sagar Prahari Bal of Indian Navy

god knows why they are still holding sterling carbines made during the time of gandhiji.

Last edited:

Koovie

they are not MARCOS! they are Sagar Prahari Bal soldiers :)

by the way, many other countries in the west still use MP 5s made in the early 70s, sterling guns have been intoduced in the same time, so I am sure that Ghandiji has never seen one

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
they are not MARCOS! they are Sagar Prahari Bal soldiers :)

by the way, many other countries in the west still use MP 5s made in the early 70s, sterling guns have been intoduced in the same time, so I am sure that Ghandiji has never seen one
tojo i didn't said they are marcos..i just forgot t mention the name...when ifound out it i edited..its true that serlings were not seen by gandhiji but it was not introduced in 1970s but in l953 pretty close to gandhiji's time:)

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
The Sterling submachine gun is a British submachine gun which was in service with the British Army from 1944 until 1994, when it was phased out with the ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sterling_submachine_gun

Koovie

as long as the sterling is doing its job we can keep using it :)

And BSF and CRPF already started to replace it. ( 15000 Beretta M4x storms and 12000 X-95) and as far as I know Army is going to replace them with the modern submachine gun

EDIT: oops I think the ordered number for the M4x was around 40000 and not 15000...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles