Indian Special Forces (archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.

aditya g

Country flag
A number of parachute battalions were controvertially converted to SF.

IMHO only 1, 4, 9, 10, 11, 21 deserve SF tag. And all of these battalion should be shifted to Special Forces Regiment.

2, 11, 12 should revert to airborne. There is no shame in it, we need airborne troops as well.

Predator707

In Kashmir the problem of network is high, dont worry you will be in his touch i talk with my brother in weeks difference

Predator707

I can agree on 12 and 11 but 2 has performed brilliantly in the valley, an unofficial report says there is no casualties in numerous ops and that thing speaks volume about 2 capabilities.

Brahmaputra Mail

Shatrujeet Badge (Para )

Taken from Hindu mythology - Kuvalya
View attachment 12173
==============
Thanks !

I found this in Wiki:

In the 21st century the 50th (Independent) Parachute Brigade comprises two parachute battalions, one special forces battalion, 60 Parachute Field Ambulance, 411 (Independent) Parachute Field Company (Bombay Sappers), 622 Parachute Composite Company ASC, 50th (Independent) Parachute Brigade OFP (Ordnance), 50th (Independent) Parachute Brigade Signal Company, 2 (Independent) Parachute Field Workshop Company, 1 parachute field regiment (Artillery) (9 & 17 parachute field regiments) and a provost section, an air defence battery. The President's Bodyguard also forms part of the brigade as the pathfinder company.

The three parachute battalions in rotation form part of the parachute brigade alternatingly serving their field tenures in counter-insurgency/high altitude areas. One of the eight SF battalions too serves in the brigade on rotation. One of the two field regiments (9 Para Field Regiment and 17 Para Field Regiment, Regiment of Artillery) also forms part of the brigade while the other serves out its field tenure on rotation.

I found this badge used by SF officer. Does it mean he's under rotation to 50th (Independent) Parachute Brigade ?

112.jpg

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
I found this badge used by SF officer. Does it mean he's under rotation to 50th (Independent) Parachute Brigade ?

View attachment 12179
It's a composite Brigade including Both Para and SF Battalion (on rotation) apart from Signal, Engineers and Air Defense elements etc

Attached with 50 (i) Para Brigade

50ind.jpg

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Not 'meanwhile'; that was in 2006.
Not 2006, 2011 read the description again.
Still, you guys have 10x more liberal gun laws than India still. In India, you have to be connected to get a clearance from local police before buying a gun and then you cannot buy anything on the prohibited bore (.303; 7.62mm; .410; .380; .455; .45 rimless; 9mm). Also the Ordnance Factory has a monopoly on selling bad quality expensive guns.

reddevil9

शत्रुजीत
marcos 14.jpg

May be Marcos... can't be identified properly.
credits: IMC

hardip

Because you said this"This is how a TIER 1 SOF unit looks like in a combat zone,This is what a Press Release Picture from SF in training looks like"

However ,they have much better Surveillance, communications , night vision ,sensor , solar charged batteries and tools.Few examples:

GPNVG-18

Hand-held laser target designators

ITT Exelis i-Aware "Fusion" Spiral Enhanced Night Vision Goggles:
Fused imaging system that combine a thermal camera with night-vision light intensification in a package light enough to fit on a helmet.The monocular combines imagery from an infrared heat sensor with traditional image intensification to create an enhanced fused image with an infrared highlight.The combination enable s the operator to pick up heat signatures in the distance that amy be hidden behind bushes or vehcles.With all this information,the weare can identify targets well beyond the max effective range of m4,allowing the shooter more time to acuquire and engage target.It also allos the shooter to seamlessly track a target from daylight into a dark cave or tunnel.It also allow the weare to transmit and recieve real time color video and other battlefield information.Operator can see the feed from overhead UAV,or share imagery with other users or beam it back to a command post.

Crye Combat shirt/combat jacket/combat Pants:

Provide moisture wicking and temperature control,have insertable elbow and knee pads.Combat pants have 10pockets.

TYR TACTICAL PICO assaulter plate carrier:
A combination of military spec nylon and Dupont Kevlar that decrease material weight by 20to 50 percent but is about 10 times stronger than standard tactical nylon material.Transfers the weight onto a belt that rest on hips.

Camelback Impact Gloves:

Light enough not to interfere with weapons and trigger handling but durable enough to protect hands while moving through rocky terrain,raised ridges on the back of the gloves protect the knuckles from abrasion.Retention loops at the wrist help members of special forces pull on gloves quickly.

Emerson CQC-15 and ESEE-5:

Armor piercing knife folding knife.Has a glass breaking pommel and a divot in the handle that act as a friction fire spindle.

(Friend or Foe) Helmet-Mounted, Multi-Function Marker Light combat/tactical helmet strobe beacon light.Lets you know when you have been targeted by via visible or IR laser or illumintor] by someone.

These are only few to name there much more which is in public and some which is classified.Please go through this link regarding our SF,you will get your answer:http://www.spslandforces.com/story.asp?id=423

ohho ho ho,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Very.... full of ...22 century.... war zone...reality/.......

and bitter truth is Inia is many far away,,,,,, to achive this stage....

India still.. Finding... A Rifle...bad news all time..
reality is we r in just number for top ten millitary other wise...
we r not in top 20..

US is 690 billion $ for military expanse...
no one near that... even china 160 bilion.. and china is not import weapons like india...

its very..sorrow ful that..after... 50yera ...india facing terrorism.... and still situation like that...
we lost our valuable solger...govt.not given them better weapons and technology... which is support their life..

Govt still going for Bullet train.... but not buy best bullet proff jeckets,, (dragon skill) and helmets...

....what the fuck......

in end...

i feel that our solger is GREAT without all they giving their life for us...
Jaihind

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Because you said this"This is how a TIER 1 SOF unit looks like in a combat zone,This is what a Press Release Picture from SF in training looks like"

However ,they have much better Surveillance, communications , night vision ,sensor , solar charged batteries and tools.Few examples:

GPNVG-18

Hand-held laser target designators

ITT Exelis i-Aware "Fusion" Spiral Enhanced Night Vision Goggles:
Fused imaging system that combine a thermal camera with night-vision light intensification in a package light enough to fit on a helmet.The monocular combines imagery from an infrared heat sensor with traditional image intensification to create an enhanced fused image with an infrared highlight.The combination enable s the operator to pick up heat signatures in the distance that amy be hidden behind bushes or vehcles.With all this information,the weare can identify targets well beyond the max effective range of m4,allowing the shooter more time to acuquire and engage target.It also allos the shooter to seamlessly track a target from daylight into a dark cave or tunnel.It also allow the weare to transmit and recieve real time color video and other battlefield information.Operator can see the feed from overhead UAV,or share imagery with other users or beam it back to a command post.

Crye Combat shirt/combat jacket/combat Pants:

Provide moisture wicking and temperature control,have insertable elbow and knee pads.Combat pants have 10pockets.

TYR TACTICAL PICO assaulter plate carrier:
A combination of military spec nylon and Dupont Kevlar that decrease material weight by 20to 50 percent but is about 10 times stronger than standard tactical nylon material.Transfers the weight onto a belt that rest on hips.

Camelback Impact Gloves:

Light enough not to interfere with weapons and trigger handling but durable enough to protect hands while moving through rocky terrain,raised ridges on the back of the gloves protect the knuckles from abrasion.Retention loops at the wrist help members of special forces pull on gloves quickly.

Emerson CQC-15 and ESEE-5:

Armor piercing knife folding knife.Has a glass breaking pommel and a divot in the handle that act as a friction fire spindle.

(Friend or Foe) Helmet-Mounted, Multi-Function Marker Light combat/tactical helmet strobe beacon light.Lets you know when you have been targeted by via visible or IR laser or illumintor] by someone.

These are only few to name there much more which is in public and some which is classified.Please go through this link regarding our SF,you will get your answer:http://www.spslandforces.com/story.asp?id=423
Using such gizmos will increase weight and will be tougher on operators at high altitudes. And also any tier 1 force doesn't always use every piece of equipment they have.

All our forces need is better armour protection for head and torso. Adaptable clothing. Better medic support and most importantly effective communication system with overall coverage.

The 'Indi'genization is down to the core.

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
That pic was first posted by me on this forum. I didn't watermarked at that point of time.

And that's NCC cadet Army (Para) attachment camp. The rifle is basic M 4 without attachments and the helmet is bought from own pocket.

Several Para operatives buy their own gear since it's not standardized.
Bornubus, I've seen these kind of helmets online in various sites and they are priced around 4k-6k based on the variant. Are these for real? Do they really offer protection?

Site links www.oliveplanet.in
www.underaman.com and couple of other sites.

reddevil9

शत्रुजीत
arre these kind of helmets can easily found at private military stores, i live in Delhi and i have seen these kind of helmets at the private military stores in Delhi cant area, gopinath market(now shastri bazar) in delhi cant sell all these kind of stuff, you can easily find unit patches, badges and hell lot of military equipment there, i regularly visit this market to buy camouflaged t-shirts, cargoes, jackets etc.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Bornubus, I've seen these kind of helmets online in various sites and they are priced around 4k-6k based on the variant. Are these for real? Do they really offer protection?

Site links www.oliveplanet.in
www.underaman.com and couple of other sites.

Patka provide the same protection level or maybe better although such helmet can help you mount several attachments and better ventilation.

Para SF has older Israeli Orlite OR 201 Helmet and also ballistic Helmets in few battalions.

21.JPG

Yodha

India is my Identity
Professional
Country flag
Patka provide the same protection level or maybe better although such helmet can help you mount several attachments and better ventilation.

Para SF has older Israeli Orlite OR 201 Helmet and also ballistic Helmets in few battalions.

View attachment 12219
Well... Here are some screen shots and I'm sceptical about their performance.

Are they really that cheap?

Predator707

Yes they are marcos, i can see tavors and that black ruksack marcos have everything black..

reddevil9

शत्रुजीत
someone posted this on his facebook timeline, this "someone" is from army itself, may be from sf too.

Nagrota why it happened.......

When preponderance is on amenities, OROP and other luxaries, how can training be better.......professional ethics in uniform services appears to be a thing of past. This is applicable to all uniform services...read this...

It's time to wake up AND stay awake. I'm referring to Nagrota debacle. (After the Uri humiliation).

Please read the following, it's authentic and first hand. Only for lessons to be learnt. Pl do share it

Spoke to the unit (9 SF) at length about the Nagrota ops of yesterday.Quite shameful.3 militants entered prior to first lt.Waited near the offrs mess and accn.Started moving towards the accn.There was a sentry post with a sentry who saw them but got shit scared and ran away .One of the trts fired at him but missed.Then gp split into two of one trt and other with 2. The single trt went to sentry post and next to the post was the guard room he entered and fired inside and killed 3 people and then circled back and went into the servants qr of the offrs block. There was a sentry post on top of the Offrs accn with a LMG however the sentry had left the post and the wpn and gone somewhere.When the firing happened this guy was trying to climb back to the LMG post but was shot dead by the the other gp of two trts.The block of four houses had offrs and families who had occupied three flats top left and grnd floor both were occupied and top rt was empty.By this time the 166 arty QRT reacted and reached .The offr was climbing when he was shot dead.Bal of the QRT ran away.This arty QRT was followed by the engr QRT .The engr offr went from behind to try and enter the complex but was shot dead by the lone trt hiding in the servants qr and the bal of the QRT ran away.One JCo and Jawan from the QRT ran away and took shelter in the neighbouring complex and locked themselves.9 got activated at 0645 in the morning and tps from 9 reached the location by 0740.Initial recce was done and info gathered.People on Grnd did not know how many trts were there.Conflicting reports of anything from 4 to 6. People were in panic and also did not know where own tps in cordon were loc.9 dply it's snipers and bldg intervention parties.Familiez and offrs in the three houses were constantly talked to on mob and told to barricade themselves.one of the boys in the cordon of arty exposed himself and was immediately shot dead by the trts.This also gave his loc away.9 snipers and RL sqd engaged and killed one of them.The sec trts climbed up and took posn in the LMG post and fired the LMG and Ak but was again killed by 9 the moment he exposed himself.One of the bldg intervention team then rushed and secured the hostages which included offrs ladies and kids and got them out and the other team started clearing the bldg and then killed one trt who was in the servants qr.They also rec the bodies of two offrs and the LMG sentry in the process.It took lot of coaxing by 9 boys to get the JCo and Jawan out of their hiding place as they were shit scared and literally crying even though armed.Such is the state of trg of Indian Army

Brahmaputra Mail

someone posted this on his facebook timeline, this "someone" is from army itself, may be from sf too.

When preponderance is on amenities, OROP and other luxaries, how can training be better.......professional ethics in uniform services appears to be a thing of past. This is applicable to all uniform services...read this...

It's time to wake up AND stay awake. I'm referring to Nagrota debacle. (After the Uri humiliation).

Please read the following, it's authentic and first hand. Only for lessons to be learnt. Pl do share it

Spoke to the unit (9 SF) at length about the Nagrota ops of yesterday.Quite shameful.3 militants entered prior to first lt.Waited near the offrs mess and accn.Started moving towards the accn.There was a sentry post with a sentry who saw them but got shit scared and ran away .One of the trts fired at him but missed.Then gp split into two of one trt and other with 2. The single trt went to sentry post and next to the post was the guard room he entered and fired inside and killed 3 people and then circled back and went into the servants qr of the offrs block. There was a sentry post on top of the Offrs accn with a LMG however the sentry had left the post and the wpn and gone somewhere.When the firing happened this guy was trying to climb back to the LMG post but was shot dead by the the other gp of two trts.The block of four houses had offrs and families who had occupied three flats top left and grnd floor both were occupied and top rt was empty.By this time the 166 arty QRT reacted and reached .The offr was climbing when he was shot dead.Bal of the QRT ran away.This arty QRT was followed by the engr QRT .The engr offr went from behind to try and enter the complex but was shot dead by the lone trt hiding in the servants qr and the bal of the QRT ran away.One JCo and Jawan from the QRT ran away and took shelter in the neighbouring complex and locked themselves.9 got activated at 0645 in the morning and tps from 9 reached the location by 0740.Initial recce was done and info gathered.People on Grnd did not know how many trts were there.Conflicting reports of anything from 4 to 6. People were in panic and also did not know where own tps in cordon were loc.9 dply it's snipers and bldg intervention parties.Familiez and offrs in the three houses were constantly talked to on mob and told to barricade themselves.one of the boys in the cordon of arty exposed himself and was immediately shot dead by the trts.This also gave his loc away.9 snipers and RL sqd engaged and killed one of them.The sec trts climbed up and took posn in the LMG post and fired the LMG and Ak but was again killed by 9 the moment he exposed himself.One of the bldg intervention team then rushed and secured the hostages which included offrs ladies and kids and got them out and the other team started clearing the bldg and then killed one trt who was in the servants qr.They also rec the bodies of two offrs and the LMG sentry in the process.It took lot of coaxing by 9 boys to get the JCo and Jawan out of their hiding place as they were shit scared and literally crying even though armed.Such is the state of trg of Indian Army

That's what intrigues me. No doubt army cantonments and posts are vulnerable to attacks and it really cannot be prevented fool-proof, but terrorists infiltrating deep into the camps certainly raises question into what Army has learnt from such similar incidents that happened int the past.

ghost

It would have been a massacre ,if not for 9para sf .Rest were ran away-ran away-ran away.This clearly show lack of training in tactical combat and simply lack of confidence in one ability , not expected from a QRT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles