Indian response to a Pakistani nuclear strike

Country flag
Dividing Pakistan could give birth to a large number of smaller stans.

Pakistan = Σ[SUB]i=1[/SUB][SUP]n[/SUP] x[SUB]i[/SUB]-stan

where, n is the total number of states created out of Pakistan.

I hope these states don't fight each other and forget the real enemy India,
repeating what they are currently doing in a place called Pakistan. But it would
make it easier for Indian govt to choose sides.

Last edited:

pmaitra

^^

They will always fight each other. Even now there is so much sectarian violence.

The only way for them to stop fighting is for India to invade them. It happens often in history that people fighting each other will set aside their differences and join hands to fight an external invader. Now, this is not a fool-proof law.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Baloch and Pakhtuns will not bother. They have more grouse against PakJab. Punjabis and Mohajirs are the only problem for us.

What is required is clear cut goals like I said in OP. rest will fall in its place.

Country flag
^^

They will always fight each other. Even now there is so much sectarian violence.

The only way for them to stop fighting is for India to invade them. It happens often in history that people fighting each other will set aside their differences and join hands to fight an external invader. Now, this is not a fool-proof law.
then they should separate this way they can live peacefully. This law was proven wrong when PAKISTAN sided
with USA to kill their creation TALIBAN and their Muslim brothers in Afghanistan. A third or fourth genocide of
muslims by Pakistanis- Bangladeshis,Baluchis,Shiites,Pashtuns. The hypocrites who call themselves muslims
are the biggest murderers of muslims in southeast asia.

Aayush

Yusuf, there was another thread on this somewhere...

And then again Yusuf, Pak destroys our political and financial capital and we dont have a retaliatory nuclear strike? Do you think the people of this nation will tolerate what you are suggesting?
The people of this nation are tolerating the Congress.

Aayush

Instead nuking pakistan we should simultaneously work on destabilizing and splitting pakistan.
Thats what pukis have been doing from a long long time.See how much humiliation they have got?

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Yusuf, there was another thread on this somewhere...

And then again Yusuf, Pak destroys our political and financial capital and we dont have a retaliatory nuclear strike? Do you think the people of this nation will tolerate what you are suggesting?
That is what I said. Their will be pressure to retaliate with a counter strike. But think. What's more important.?

They bomb we retaliate. Then ceasefire and back to terrorism from the state of Pakistan.

I say go conventional and complete destruction of Pak armed forces.

Country flag
That is what I said. Their will be pressure to retaliate with a counter strike. But think. What's more important.?

They bomb we retaliate. Then ceasefire and back to terrorism from the state of Pakistan.

I say go conventional and complete destruction of Pak armed forces.
How about just throwing out the Indus water treaty before the war starts?? will have to
do it later anyway.

pmaitra

^^

I like that. Pakistan is still largely agrarian. If we can destabilize their crop yield by throttling their water supplies, that in itself will deplete their food stocks and economy, apart from creating unrest. It is always easier to defeat a weakened enemy. Even the US did not go gung ho after Iraq, but destabilized and softened them for years before the final invasion.

Country flag
^^

I like that. Pakistan is still largely agrarian. If we can destabilize their crop yield by throttling their water supplies, that in itself will deplete their food stocks and economy, apart from creating unrest. It is always easier to defeat a weakened enemy. Even the US did not go gung ho after Iraq, but destabilized and softened them for years before the final invasion.
These guys are quenching themselves with OUR water and fattening themselves up to
fight us. True NAMAK HARAMIS in every sense of the word.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well exactly, when we have all the tools to subdue them on our terms, we don't have to nuke them. We can divert more water to us after making a new agreement with whatever set up comes up post war.

H.A.

Well i am starting to agree with you (Yusuf) a better way to humiliate an enemy is to leave them alive when they and everybody knows that we could have easily destroyed them, however i would like to point out two things

1) (I am saying this again) What if Pakistan decides that LOC is as far as they could stop themselves from pressing the switch to release the Nukes then shouldn't we have had released them in the first place because our troops wouldn't have entered the detonation zone yet....nuke not the whole of the country, no, only selective nuking.
2) As I said leave an enemy alive is humiliation enough for them to deal with but wasn't that what we did in the 1974 war, I guess if in the event of the next war something decisive should be done rather than 'almost' reaching Lahore and coming back so that we don't have to deal with a situation again.

Shutting the tap on Indus water would not be a decisive blow, also splitting them up would not be good because that would lead to more militants to deal with for India.

Either India should take them in (which i doubt will ever happen) or India should be in a decisive position to have a puppet government installed.

pmaitra

^^

Why would splitting Pakistan lead to more millitants coming into India? I definitely do not see any reason why the Baloch or those in Gilgit-Baltistan will be at all interested in sending militants into India.

In fact, say Balochistan and Gilgit-Baltistan, tomorrow became sovereign nations, I see them inviting India to build dams, power stations, railways etc.. I, personally, definitely do not see these two regions within Pakistan as enemies.

H.A.

^^

Why would splitting Pakistan lead to more millitants coming into India? I definitely do not see any reason why the Baloch or those in Gilgit-Baltistan will be at all interested in sending militants into India.

In fact, say Balochistan and Gilgit-Baltistan, tomorrow became sovereign nations, I see them inviting India to build dams, power stations, railways etc.. I, personally, definitely do not see these two regions within Pakistan as enemies.
well its my personal opinion...its like the scenario of which is better to deal with one nuclear warhead or to deal with an MIRV....

p2prada

USA and Russia and recently India have developed weapons with the power of nukes without
The radiation or nuclear material.
Russia Tests 'World's Most Powerful Non-Nuclear Bomb' | Fox News
Yeah. This creates a crater the same size as a 20KT atomic bomb. Conventional weapons are getting as powerful as nukes and all this without the fallout.

Maintaining a credible and potent deterrence for India is a MUST and also being prepared for any eventuality.We don't want to be caught with our pants down.

Nothing can be said about Pak since it's a country of suicide tendencies and the generals don't even care about it's awaam and soldiers.
Nuclear weapons are for political posturing. We have seen what happened to the Pakistani soldiers in Kargil. There is a chance they will use nuclear weapons against us, but it's not going to be as deadly as what people assume it would be. Even if we lose cities like Delhi and Mumbai, while we can temporarily forget about challenging China, we won't be counted out as a regional power even after that.

That's one reason why China is concentrating more on conventional forces rather than nuclear.

p2prada

In what context are you saying this?
You need thousands, like US or Russia.

I for one believe Pakis bluff about their nukes and their low threshold.
They don't gain anything militarily if they use Nukes against us. Neither do we. Like you said, they are bluffing.

But the topic of this thread is what if?
Then there would be a hole in the place where Parliament once was and we can all throw flowers in that hole as tribute to the dead. The assembly sessions will run in a shack next door. We will have a large foreign debt. Some cities may be temporarily cordoned off for cleaning. Our economy will temporarily halt or have negative growth for a year or two. Inflation will be high and diseases will spread for sometime before the Army takes over the clean up work. A lot of people will be told not to reproduce. In a decade, a lot of the problems will abate and cease to exist. The economy will take off once again, especially with foreign aid.

Pakistan's future will depend on how our army continues after the first nuclear attack. If the offensive halts, then even if we use our nukes, Pak still wins. But they will be worse off.

You can say a generation will be lost, especially in the attacked cities. But the country will live on.

India and china will not initiate any nuclear attack, that is a given as both are sane players.
Nukes are worthless in the Indo-China context.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
You need thousands, like US or Russia.

They don't gain anything militarily if they use Nukes against us. Neither do we. Like you said, they are bluffing.

Then there would be a hole in the place where Parliament once was and we can all throw flowers in that hole as tribute to the dead. The assembly sessions will run in a shack next door. We will have a large foreign debt. Some cities may be temporarily cordoned off for cleaning. Our economy will temporarily halt or have negative growth for a year or two. Inflation will be high and diseases will spread for sometime before the Army takes over the clean up work. A lot of people will be told not to reproduce. In a decade, a lot of the problems will abate and cease to exist. The economy will take off once again, especially with foreign aid.

Pakistan's future will depend on how our army continues after the first nuclear attack. If the offensive halts, then even if we use our nukes, Pak still wins. But they will be worse off.

You can say a generation will be lost, especially in the attacked cities. But the country will live on.

Nukes are worthless in the Indo-China context.
Point of the thread is what if Pak goes nuclear and what should Indian response be. Please read OP. await comments.

SLASH

I don't think we will wage a war against Pakistan unless we have both

a) Full proof ABM defense shield for all our metros
b) Intel about Pakistani nuclear facilities and launch sites

With an ABM defence shield Pakistan would not dare attack our major cities. This makes their nuclear warheads useless as it would not affect India's growth in a big way.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I don't think we will wage a war against Pakistan unless we have both

a) Full proof ABM defense shield for all our metros
b) Intel about Pakistani nuclear facilities and launch sites

With an ABM defence shield Pakistan would not dare attack our major cities. This makes their nuclear warheads useless as it would not affect India's growth in a big way.
Right and wrong on both counts. ABM will make a difference but it's not 100% fool proof. And you cannot have 100% intel on all nukes they have.

And yes you fear para itself starts on the wrong premise. India has never waged war and will not do that unprovoked. The ball lies in Pakis court of they'd like to escalate.

sesha_maruthi27

Country flag
Instead of using a long range missile we can use the brahmas mounted on su-30 mki with has a nuclear war head and drop on the main control center and destroy the surroundings as by the time attack the control center there would be no civilian support to the pakistani establishment. This, I am saying if and only the Pakistan strikes us with a nuclear missile.

Now, if at all Pakistan uses a nuclear missile at the present situation then it will not only face the Indian Army but also the N.A.T.O. Forces also will attack them and so it will be a three sided attack on Pakistan and they will have no were to go.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles