Indian Railways Multimedia

NSG_Blackcats

Member of The Month OCTOBER 2009
New Delhi - Katra "Shri Shakti" AC train with new diesel Locomotive WDP-4B "Prateek"

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Not very impressive layout, Though i am waiting that such double deckers bogies replace traditional bogies from all Rajdhani and full AC trains ..

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I have seen these double deckers operating at quite a few places.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
How car is placed in such wagons ?????
I presume the same way as the earlier EVK (could carry 4 automobiles) and VPU (could carry 2 automobiles) was loaded. That is through the end ramps for loading/unloading.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
FIRST AC INTERIOR OF AUGUST KRANTI RAJDHANI EXPRESS

pmaitra

Can we have such trains in India ???

Double-Decker Train "Moscow-Sochi" to Olympics-2014. "Real Russia" ep.72 - YouTube

I mean we have double deckerd but most of them are chair cars and slipppers.

We could have such Train in few numbers , such trains can run in peaK season and also Railways can can earn good few buck.

@pmaitra your views
Yes, we can have coaches like that. Our coaches are made with collaboration with Alstom. So are these Russian coaches.

Not very impressive layout, Though i am waiting that such double deckers bogies replace traditional bogies from all Rajdhani and full AC trains ..
This is a bogie:

Various types of bogies:

A bogie cannot be double decker.

It is the coach that is double decker. Normally, the coach sits on a pair of bogies.

Most of the Indian journalists who use the term bogie have no clue what they are talking about.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Non AC Double Deckers ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Meter Gauge Electric Locos

There was a golden period, not too long back, when SR had the one of the kind Meter Gauge AC Electric locos - YAM1 series. The railway line between Chennai Egmore and Villupuram was the only Electrified Meter Gauge line and YAM1 used to haul all the south bound trains from Egmore and Tambaram.

YAM1 #21910 in its end days hauling the Cholan Express on its way towards Trichy. The gauge conversion terminated all MG trains out of Chennai and Tambaram and these locos were soon scrapped. These locos had a very sweetly sounding horn, which no other locos can match.

Broken dreams! The glorious days of MG electrics came to end and the fate of these locos were given to scrap dealers...

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Train Running on Water

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles