Indian Police Force

IndianHawk

Country flag
One of the other reasons khakhi is preferred is because those uniforms are not washed regularly. Sometimes they are worn for a week without washing for ranks below dy.SP ..

Any other colour uniform will look bad beyond the second day.

Khakhi will have to stay..
In the given prototype they are already changing the paint to earth Brown colour .
Only shirt will remain khaki.

Their are many options though many shades of grey are possible. Khaki doesn't inspire anymore. To change mindset of both police and public khaki must go.

Bharathi

changing uniform of policemen wont make much impact. Need to check the eligibility of policemens for every three years and need to assign responsibilities based on their current eligibility. Nowadays i used to see most of them are not elligible, they got huge belly. i even notice a policemen cant even able to walk. what they gonna plugh for the citizens they used to rob us by corrupting the Country.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
the Flag of the IFPS
INDIAN FEDERAL POLICE.png

Designed By yours truly

vayuu1

Country flag
What about the moti tond most of the officers possess, unfit is too lenient a word, need to work on their diet and workout, other aspect is mental toughness.

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
I can live Khaki or any other color uniform. What bothers me is the Big Belly of Indian Policemen. Why most of them are 6 month pregnant ? (LOL)
Seriously, Indian Policemen need a lot of lentils (Daal), Yogurt (Dahi) and Milk in their diet along with good amount of physical exercise to shrink the Pot Belly which gives them a lazy and stupid look.
Anyone over 36 inches of belly should be put on suspension until belly fat comes down below 36 inches.
Also, they should be trained to stand straight and not hunched.
Forget about body shape.
Even many US sherrif's are obese and they still kiss some ass.
Our chaps cant even fire their weapons properly.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00LD using Tapatalk

prohumanity

Country flag
Agree. Just being fat is not the issue. Its the belly fat which is true measure of physical fitness and heart conditioning. Fat spread uniformly throughout body is not as bad as belly fat ("tond")
Most Indian policemen stand hunched and look pitiable. They do not project power and self confidence.
Many criminals are more fit and confident looking than policemen. A law enforcer must look bold, fierce and physically in shape in order to ring fear in law breakers and reassure average public.

Doc Mozart

Country flag
IMHO one of the most important step to be taken in the reform of the indian police should be standardising all the equipments, weapons etc across the states. Its a jungle fest out there with states's pd's buying whatever they like. This needs to be stopped asap. Also saying that khaki instills fear of authority among populace is pure bs. Whoever says this, needs to be showed this in return....

Bharathi

i like your reply but they are all provided with weapons and they respond without corruption. last week i read a news about NYPD Action they arrested docks which entered into a prosecuted Area.

what the fuck happened to our police department having Quaters, uniforms, food, bonus, salary etc... to corrupt us
checkout the video below which happens in Tamil Nadu.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
IMHO one of the most important step to be taken in the reform of the indian police should be standardising all the equipments, weapons etc across the states. Its a jungle fest out there with states's pd's buying whatever they like. This needs to be stopped asap. Also saying that khaki instills fear of authority among populace is pure bs. Whoever says this, needs to be showed this in return....

Another Indo Candian sergeant from Vancouver PD. Doesn't even need weapons to be intimidating. (Sgt. Kulwinder Dosanjh)

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
More important than uniform would be mandatory body cameras all across India. Without video evidence, don't believe anything that comes out of a cop's mouth.

They wrote a ticket for not wearing seatbelts? Video evidence or GTFO. And fucking release their income tax returns and keep track of disproportionate assets with an eagle eye.

A Punjab Police hawaldar showing up in a 10 lakh car? Yeah, that is shakedown money.

On the flip side, take care of the cops and fix their salaries so that an honest cop can make a decent living, provide healthcare etc.

Police reform is badly needed in India.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
'Laal tan roodiyan ch ve dahgdey ne'. Punjabi saying. The reds/gems shine even in garbage dump.

Vaguely it means Beautiful and Fit people shines even in bad clothes. No matter which uniform you give them, they gotta look fitter and presentable first.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
I can live Khaki or any other color uniform. What bothers me is the Big Belly of Indian Policemen. Why most of them are 6 month pregnant ? (LOL)
Seriously, Indian Policemen need a lot of lentils (Daal), Yogurt (Dahi) and Milk in their diet along with good amount of physical exercise to shrink the Pot Belly which gives them a lazy and stupid look.
Anyone over 36 inches of belly should be put on suspension until belly fat comes down below 36 inches.
Also, they should be trained to stand straight and not hunched.
A common cop below the rank of Dy. SP or AC, normally pulls duty of 12 hours or more on average. They hardly get time to rest or spend time with family, let alone excercise. Almost none of their police stations are equipped with minimum excercise equipments. The terribly low number of cops that almost every state has means the work pressure is immense, not counting the political shenanigans they have to face on a daily basis. Also, their salary is pitiable.

All compounded it means an average cop lose morale soon after they join the forces. Add in the common perception of the people about them being corrupt in general. I have seen even a morally upright officer soon loses his initial urge of serving fast. The stop giving a damn.

A stressful life without urge to perform better and lack of proper diet and rest along with excercise, means the cops cannot have a healthy disposition. Easting whatever is available whenever there is time, does not help any.

There are good cops and in large no. too. But unless their moral is boosted and their life is made less stressful, nothing's gonna change.

The need of the hour is not change of uniform. Although the shirts do need to be made of normal shirt cloth. The thick pant material saps the energy fast in summer. The need of the hour is to make the police force an independent body with minimum opportunity for the political meddling.

changing uniform of policemen wont make much impact. Need to check the eligibility of policemens for every three years and need to assign responsibilities based on their current eligibility. Nowadays i used to see most of them are not elligible, they got huge belly. i even notice a policemen cant even able to walk. what they gonna plugh for the citizens they used to rob us by corrupting the Country.
The mandatory fitness criteria should be applicable, but only after necessary reforms like proper no. of recruitment, more humane working hours, provision for excercise equipment and proper diet is made available within the stations.

You would see the glaring difference of the fitness level between the state cops and Central police forces. It is only because central forces are not only more disciplined but also the authorities do take care of the needs of the central forces unlike the states.

Motivation is the key here. If the troops know the authorities care for them, and they would not be treated like rag shots, their willingness for the job will increase automatically.

Also, a much needed reform is restricting the IPS numbers. If the cops are promoted from lower rank and if they know their hard work can lead them to higher rank, they would be more motivated to do good work and be willing to be more honest. Let alone Constables, the officers joining as Sub Inspectors or Inspectors get very few promotions. But these are the officers with more ground level knowledge learnt from sweat and blood, unlike the IPS, most of whom are used to air conditioned offices.

More important than uniform would be mandatory body cameras all across India. Without video evidence, don't believe anything that comes out of a cop's mouth.

They wrote a ticket for not wearing seatbelts? Video evidence or GTFO. And fucking release their income tax returns and keep track of disproportionate assets with an eagle eye.

A Punjab Police hawaldar showing up in a 10 lakh car? Yeah, that is shakedown money.

On the flip side, take care of the cops and fix their salaries so that an honest cop can make a decent living, provide healthcare etc.

Police reform is badly needed in India.
Body cameras and body armours for every cop won't happen at least for a decade. The economy simply is not there yet. The first requirement is more qualified and well trained cops with minimum necessary equipments. Can you believe even in cities the cops' main weapon is rifles, instead of small arms? They don't have the no. of vehicles required or the quality of the vehicles required. In WB the scenario is far worse. Here the cops' are given their due uniforms or boots even!

Improve the salary, make promotions, give them amenities - and a newer and more vigorous police force with more sensibilities will be there to serve the people. In fact that will attract more qualified youth for the job! Nowadays alarge number of the people attracted to the job are under qualified as well as have less than optimum moral righteousness.

Project Dharma

meh
Country flag
Improve the salary, make promotions, give them amenities - and a newer and more vigorous police force with more sensibilities will be there to serve the people. In fact that will attract more qualified youth for the job! Nowadays alarge number of the people attracted to the job are under qualified as well as have less than optimum moral righteousness.
Sirji I think you are underestimating human greed. Friend of mine's dad is Punjab Police SHO. He has three warehouses in Delhi, 30 acres of land that were disputed and he just grabbed and a big house in Amritsar also grabbed illegally. Long history of extorting people for money as well.

1) He did not need more money, he is from a rich family to begin with.
2) How much can you pay people to avoid corruption when the upside to corruption is so high?

The cost might be prohibitive for body cameras, but it has to be paid. Better that the govt of India pay it than the poor citizen who is exhorted and his life made hell..

As for body armor, well they don't need body armor. Guns are tightly controlled in most parts of India and not something that is commonly encountered in everyday life. SWAT or special forces can have the armor.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Sirji I think you are underestimating human greed. Friend of mine's dad is Punjab Police SHO. He has three warehouses in Delhi, 30 acres of land that were disputed and he just grabbed and a big house in Amritsar also grabbed illegally. Long history of extorting people for money as well.

1) He did not need more money, he is from a rich family to begin with.
2) How much can you pay people to avoid corruption when the upside to corruption is so high?

The cost might be prohibitive for body cameras, but it has to be paid. Better that the govt of India pay it than the poor citizen who is exhorted and his life made hell..

As for body armor, well they don't need body armor. Guns are tightly controlled in most parts of India and not something that is commonly encountered in everyday life. SWAT or special forces can have the armor.
That is the point I was making. Nowadays, the most people joining the police come for the bribe money and most otherwise eligible avoid it as the honest money is too little.

Doc Mozart

Country flag
Delhi Police:

Must say that they look very smart in the one-piece "combat" uniform (ie not a shirt and trousers) especially with the utility belt.

@Kunal Biswas @Project Dharma @Gessler
Looks good but imho the uniform provided to Rajasthan's women police officers could be standardised throughout the country. It looks smart and professional and is up to the modern standards. After that we can focus on all the gears, bells and whistles. As far as the gear is concerned, the UK armed police could be a role model for the SWAT's across the country. Another important thing to do is to prevent Police SF's from using the standard army camo.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles