Indian nuclear submarines

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
I think these shelters are made of tin-sheets. They won't even survive air strike.
Submarine pens are under construction. They are building tunnels in a mountain for them.

captscooby81

Country flag
Here is your BMD tracker ship...She is very much in the port ...Not moved out anywhere ...

V11852.jpg

ATV.jpg

View attachment 22759
Two parking spots for two dolphins. But as some here mentioned we have 3. And I don't find that survey ship which has three radar domes on it. This one is not seen in harbor. Donna where she is?

Last edited:

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Most interesting part about this ship..... it's going to be basis of new project 18, the 11,000 tons+ new destroyers..
Have a re-look at image, do you feel the design is being tested...
yep...hull design is different.

Adioz

Most interesting part about this ship..... it's going to be basis of new project 18, the 11,000 tons+ new destroyers..
Have a re-look at image, do you feel the design is being tested...
It seems totally different from what a destroyer would look like, but it still gives an idea of the sheer size of such a vessel:-

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
17°26'53.82"N 82°53'28.06"E

Phase I already complete IMO, Phase II constriction might start/already started.
WTF? It means our dolphins will have to enter via river delta. And river brings fine sand along with it.
And yes some serious work is going on. I want to visit this place casually but I am not sure it open to public . If I go there , may be a dozens agent vinods will take me to their dinning hall and make me spill my kartha karma kriya..

Country flag
WTF? It means our dolphins will have to enter via river delta. And river brings fine sand along with it.
And yes some serious work is going on. I want to visit this place casually but I am not sure it open to public . If I go there , may be a dozens agent vinods will take me to their dinning hall and make me spill my kartha karma kriya..
This is going to be the den of our SSBN fleet, River is almost near the sea, the sea is deep also in this area. Submarine bases are constructed like this only, So that It can survive Nuclear Megaton scale Hydrogen bomb strikes.

Sand and sediments can be dredged, But I don't think It will be needed here.

Adioz

This is going to be the den of our SSBN fleet, River is almost near the sea, the sea is deep also in this area. Submarine bases are constructed like this only, So that It can survive Nuclear Megaton scale Hydrogen bomb strikes.

Sand and sediments can be dredged, But I don't think It will be needed here.
I remember reading that this place was chosen because the continental shelf extends to only a couple of kilometers from the coastline and after that drops to the ocean floor. This allows our SSBNs to drop below the thermocline and dive deep fairly quickly after they exit the submarine blast pens.

Country flag
I remember reading that this place was chosen because the continental shelf extends to only a couple of kilometers from the coastline and after that drops to the ocean floor. This allows our SSBNs to drop below the thermocline and dive deep fairly quickly after they exit the submarine blast pens.
You are right, the sea is very deep here, perfect place to make a Nuclear Submarine Base, and the Hills act as Natural Bunker against a Nuclear 1st striker.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
You are right, the sea is very deep here, perfect place to make a Nuclear Submarine Base, and the Hills act as Natural Bunker against a Nuclear 1st striker.
And this location is land locked and well protected just like vizag port. What are those square shaped borders on hill ? Agriculture fields?

Country flag
And this location is land locked and well protected just like vizag port. What are those square shaped borders on hill ? Agriculture fields?
Agricalture fields can be seen west of the river, the few squares you see on the edges of hills are entry to tunnels where missiles would be kept.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Agricalture fields can be seen west of the river, the few squares you see on the edges of hills are entry to tunnels where missiles would be kept.
Gods knows how those caves look. My classmate is from place named Madugula. He said Indian Navy took large amount of land from villager. They digged tunnels and every week many military trucks visit that place with heavy security. I understood what they are hiding. Hope you got it.

Adioz

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
Were you arrested then? In China? :laugh:
Nope , I tried find some source on internet which could help me understand how they and how they operate. It was 2 years ago.
Blyat, forget about secret naval base if I was in china to check out whats happening inside local fire station I would have been executed .
*Blyat = Fuck

S.Balaji

Country flag
I read somewhere that the ingress for subs would be from the sea under the high tide line directly into the mountain face and reach the submarine pens and not through the river....thus their entry and exit cant be captured/tracked by satellites (important mode of tracking by ELINT apart from HumINT) as they stay below the surface of water.... hence it would be hard for anyone to track when the ships leave on deterrent patrols,....and also the continental shelf drops into an abyss very near to shore....this site was selected specifically to survive nuclear strike and to mask entry and exit of subs to ensure secrecy of deployments....subs are very vulnerable to enemy tracking when they exit pens as they are on the surface with SSN waiting to tag them along..

Traditionally US and erstwhile USSR position their long range SSNs in international waters off each others Sub Ports/ entry exit bottle necks and when the satellite monitoring station pick up deployment, the same info is passed through VLF transmission to lurking SSNs for tracking the SSBN.... SSNs track these SSBNs as long as possible to sipon off various mechanical/technical intelligence for building data base on the ship machinery, screw count, capitation signature, reactor noise signature, weapons testing etc and also by recording its various maneuvers and exercise Navla Intelligence can create a psychological profile of its caption and crew

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles