Indian nuclear submarines

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Focus on discuss at hand, no politics in Defence, specially this strategic programmes. Its National Asset.
How was Homi Bhabha killed? How was cryogenic engine sabotaged?

Same way, nuclear submarine is a high end technology and hence sabotaged. One person was even accused if spying on thia very project during 1970s.

Please read history of nuclear submarine and you will know

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
How was Homi Bhabha killed? How was cryogenic engine sabotaged?

Same way, nuclear submarine is a high end technology and hence sabotaged. One person was even accused if spying on thia very project during 1970s.

Please read history of nuclear submarine and you will know
India had congress government under traitors who would continually pull down all projects. Congress has too many spies and foreign agents left by British and USSR
Possibly true but please discuss this in a separate thread. You can start it.
This thread is under "Indian Navy" section.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
These nuclear submarines of IN getting interesting and interesting, first they wanted SSBN, then big gap and news blackout, then ATV Arihant comes, then comes the news that P Chidi, objected to having this expensive sub, without missiles, therefore missiles were added to what was SSN design, then S2 was born, leaks kept on emerging that K series was tested from nuke sub, when Arihant was not even in water.

Now when, we are waiting for S3, news of another name came, quite a confusion in this info black-hole.

I think (guess) S1 to S4 exists.
S1: SSBN (TD)
S2: mini SSBN (multi purpose) (TD)
S3: 8 tubes
S4: (no idea)

Later
S5; 16 tubes

Babloo Singh

Country flag
These nuclear submarines of IN getting interesting and interesting, first they wanted SSBN, then big gap and news blackout, then ATV Arihant comes, then comes the news that P Chidi, objected to having this expensive sub, without missiles, therefore missiles were added to what was SSN design, then S2 was born, leaks kept on emerging that K series was tested from nuke sub, when Arihant was not even in water.

Now when, we are waiting for S3, news of another name came, quite a confusion in this info black-hole.

I think (guess) S1 to S4 exists.
S1: SSBN (TD)
S2: mini SSBN (multi purpose) (TD)
S3: 8 tubes
S4: (no idea)

Later
S5; 16 tubes
My Guess
S1 : On shore
S2 : Arihant 4Tube (TD)
S3 : Aridhaman (8Tube)
S4 : Arighat (8Tube)
S4*: Should be nearing completion ( 8 /12) Tubes
S5 : Under construction in Docks (16 Tubes)

Hindustani78

Ministry of Defence

03 -January, 2018 03:43IST

Conventional Submarines

The service life of a ship / submarine varies between 25 to 30 years depending on the class, type and size of platform. Various factors govern the operation of ships / submarines beyond their life span such as force level requirements, utility of the platform, planned replacements of ships / submarines and their induction schedule, status of hull machinery, weapons, sensors as well as equipment and material upgrades and life extension under taken. The submarines periodically undergo extensive overhaul, which significantly enhances their combat-worthiness. Further, Major Refit with Life Certification (MRLC) of vintage conventional submarines are planned. All units of Indian Navy follow a comprehensive Operational cum Refit cycle. The Government of India had approved a 30 year Long Term Submarine Building Plan which entails indigenous construction of modern Conventional Submarines by 2030.

This information was given by Raksha Rajya Mantri Dr. Subhash Bhamre in a written reply to Shri Rajan Vichare in Lok Sabha today.

Kyubi

Country flag
True that , idiot journos , but if what they have posted about INS Arihanth is true Then RM is in in for a rude shock for possibily 2 reasons .

1: RM being in the loop frm the start about story but wanted to keep it under wraps ... all of a sudden the story leaks to the press ..

2: She had no clue in the first place about the accident and it was jept under wraps only to be revealed by a English daily.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Kyubi

Country flag
Remember once Pakistan claimed nuke subs in India aren't safe...
Did they hint something?
Now we venture into the realm of speculation conspiracy theories. I certainly believe that a possibility OR THE ATTEMPT to sabotage by pak cannot be ruled out.
Even RAW and IB or Military Intelligence did come across a shred of evidence to support our sabotage theory.. then i have to say that we have a lousy and inept security apparatus.. it is indeed downright shameless that we cant protect our strategic assests .. i just hope GoI will own up and will not obfuscate by blaming Pak.

abingdonboy

Country flag
Remember once Pakistan claimed nuke subs in India aren't safe...
Did they hint something?
Chill bro, let’s see if this news is even true before going down that rabbit hole.

Have no doubt that these strategic assets are he most well protected they can be to even get close to them you’ll have to be vetted meticulously. Pakis can whine all they like, only they let their assets be compromised.

Misha

Country flag
True that , idiot journos , but if what they have posted about INS Arihanth is true Then RM is in in for a rude shock for possibily 2 reasons .

1: RM being in the loop frm the start about story but wanted to keep it under wraps ... all of a sudden the story leaks to the press ..

2: She had no clue in the first place about the accident and it was jept under wraps only to be revealed by a English daily.

IMO she had this information, but NSA had plugged news leaks, I am worried that leaks which had stopped have started again...

WolfPack86

Country flag
Today morning i saw Hindu news paper on front page that INS Airhant had met accident 10 months ago. I was shocked and disappointed that news leaked in front of front page of Hindu. The whole world know that our nuclear submarine had met accident. We must hang journalist who published these news in public.

abingdonboy

Country flag
tbh I find this story almost inconceivable. Every submariner knows the most basic thing is to close all hatched before getting underway and these are not just any submariners but the very very best the IN has.

Pretty sure subs have automatic warnings as well about hatches being open, seems beyond implausible really

abingdonboy

Country flag
The NSA personally cracked down on these leaks specifically involving the Arihant. Again find it hard to believe that anyone in official capacity would be willing to risk the NSA’s wrath to leak this

Kyubi

Country flag
IMO she had this information, but NSA had plugged news leaks, I am worried that leaks which had stopped have started again...
Could be but for "The Hindu" to report about INS Arihanth with info this damning , i will have to believe that it is true.. If MOD does conclude the report to be true .. then we have to hang our heads in shame
. It is totally unacceptable to have accidents , we will be ridiculed by world who are watching us..

Global Defence

Articles