Indian nuclear submarines

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
do you know what is TEL?
TRANSPORTER ERECTER LAUNCHER. It transport missiles fro one place to another place ,erect it and launch it. for just launch there's silos which are vulnerable to missiles
I know that. I am saying that missile can be launched from a silo by keeping it ready. I was responding to someone who said that missiles need to be taken out to fuel and fire.

As I said before, hardened concrete withstand a nuclear bomb. I posted a video to show it

Vorschlaghammer

Country flag
I know that. I am saying that missile can be launched from a silo by keeping it ready. I was responding to someone who said that missiles need to be taken out to fuel and fire.

As I said before, hardened concrete withstand a nuclear bomb. I posted a video to show it
Why risk your ICBMs against something like MOP strikes ? Solid fuel canister sealed rockets are best taken advantage of if they are mobile. Silo basing should be reserved for heavyweight Satan class ≥ 10 MIRVed liquid fuel ICBMs cause they are vulnerable outside a shelter.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Why risk your ICBMs against something like MOP strikes ? Solid fuel canister sealed rockets are best taken advantage of if they are mobile. Silo basing should be reserved for heavyweight Satan class ≥ 10 MIRVed liquid fuel ICBMs cause they are vulnerable outside a shelter.
USA keeps minuteman in silos. Also, with TEL one needs coordinate of the location to fire. In silo that is also fixed

Vorschlaghammer

Country flag
USA keeps minuteman in silos. Also, with TEL one needs coordinate of the location to fire. In silo that is also fixed
Minuteman is a 1960s design, back then silo basing was the trend and US had too many of them in the Midwest missile fields anyway. Modern designs like Yars or DF-41 are road mobile. And position fixing is a trivial task anyway. Even self propelled arty, Tanks and MLRS vehicles have INS systems these days. On top of that you can use any combination of satellite fix or celestial fix to set up firing position quickly. The strength of the road mobile system is in it's ability to avoid detection. Both Iraq wars showed that coalition forces had considerable trouble finding and destroying Scud TELs. And after war assessment showed that even lower no. was actually destroyed than reported.

If you are going to take on the extra headache of building a hardened fixed launch silo, which will potentially be the first target to be hit anyway, then make your missile as big and heavy throw weight capable as possible, with many MIRV warheads and penetration aids and throttlable liquid fuel engine, cause you don't really have a size restriction, and the drawback are worth the compromise.

Last edited:

Silent_Monk

@sayareakd Sir, How many Arihant class Submarines are launched till now?? 3 or 2?? Some time back I remember some one mentioning that Aridhaman was actually under trails. If that new is true, then I guess they really launched 3rd Sub marine recently. As it will take another 3 years for this sub to complete trails.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@sayareakd Sir, How many Arihant class Submarines are launched till now?? 3 or 2?? Some time back I remember some one mentioning that Aridhaman was actually under trails. If that new is true, then I guess they really launched 3rd Sub marine recently. As it will take another 3 years for this sub to complete trails.
Two Arihant class, in water.......S2 & S3, if you look at back pages i posted pics of both.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
If we are pushing for NSG then is't right time to test SLBM-ICBM ? unless we will do it in utter secrecy
Why do we need NSG so badly? What are they going to offer india? India has enough coal to produce power. India doesn't need power plant uranium

Kalki_2018

Country flag
India has enough uranium too. NSG or no NSG new nukes will have to be tested in a few years.

Kalki_2018

Country flag
India is too big to be worried about sanctions. Sanctions did jack shit in 98 with a much smaller economy and they will do nothing now.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
India is too big to be worried about sanctions. Sanctions did jack shit in 98 with a much smaller economy and they will do nothing now.
Actually, India is resource deficient to some extent. India can survive sanctions. But, due to hopeless ancestors, India is lagging behind in technology which will need excess resources to be developed quickly. If India had 100% indigenous defence manufacturing and technology, then sanctions can't do anything. But, with existing poor state of affairs, first thing to do is indigenisation of defence. Later, testing can follow.

No testing till defence is fully indigenous. We need technology like SCALP missiles, meteor BVR, israeli BARAK-8 seekers, radars and Kaveri engine consultancy (and F404/F414 for time being) for reverse engineering or filling the gap

G10

Country flag
You guys are too much optimistic. There are only 3 nuclear subs with india. Chakra arihant and now arighat. S4*may be aridhaman. Trust our PSU’s they are not so efficient.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

Articles