Indian Muslims rejoicing over Pakistan's win against Sri Lanka.

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Welcome, Feb 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Welcome

Welcome Regular Member

I was watching the pakistan v/s Sri Lanka match the other day. It was the second innings of the match and Sri Lanka was batting. After second last over I heard a loud band from somewhere nearby our home.I see that some young man was bursting crackers chanting slogans like 'Pakistan Zindabad'.
    We went to our terrace to see what is happening. All we could see was rockets flying and crackers bursting from the muslim homes.
    I always saw this type of activity when ever pakistan win the cricket match.
    I don't know what to call these people: Pro Pakistani or Anti- Indian Muslims.

3. natarajan

natarajan Senior Member Senior Member

Even i supported pakistan as i think pakistan is not as bad as srilanka

4. Welcome

Welcome Regular Member

this situation is some thing different. You also found same case in India- Pak cricket match. then what do you say....

5. black eagle

black eagle Senior Member Senior Member

What is your point welcome??? Don't forget we live in a democratic free country. It is upto individuals to choose who they want to support. People who were supporting Pakistan is in no way anti-india. They are as much Indian as you & I are. So please desist from spreading false notions of patriotism with a RSS mark on it....

6. Royan

Royan Regular Member

Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Not Here Too!!!!!

7. black eagle

Let them.. What the hell is wrong with it. Don't the NRIs who live abroad support India in a match?? So what!!!! Why you people are so hell bent upon branding people on one way or the other?? why everyone has to choose sides??

8. Virendra

Virendra Moderator Moderator

This is just a sport and the match wasn't against India. Even if it were, I don't think you can conclude someone's loyalty and integrity by the side he supports in a cricket match.
    If anyone have suspicions, support them with facts. This kind of guessing only pollutes the air.

9. ajay_ijn

ajay_ijn Regular Member

NRI- Non-Resident Indian- Indians who migrated to other countries.
    Muslims India are not Non-Resident Pakistanis or migrated from pakistan or originated from Pakistan.

I don't see many Indians firing crackers and shouting Sri Lanka zindabad if Sri lanka won the match, or Australia or SA.

So why despite having no special reason why some in India are rejoicing a Pakistan victory?

10. black eagle

So what is the problem with it??? Just because you don't like them rejoicing the victory of another country they can't do it?? would you have said the same thing if they were celebrating sri lanka's victory??

11. Adux

Adux Senior Member Senior Member

This kind of stupidity will get you killed.

Dovah likes this.
  12. Solid Beast

Solid Beast New Member

There is a lot of shared history, genealogy, culture, between the nations of South Asia. I don't think it would be akin to, let's say, Americans cheering for the German soccer team during WW2. But in no way in hell would you see that support for India in Pakistan. So yes, it's slightly odd but nothing I can't fathom.

13. black eagle

This is not worth answering..

14. Welcome

Welcome Regular Member

Sorry if my word hurt anyone....my intention is not to blame every Muslims. First of all i want to clear that i am a secular person. i know we are in independent india and india is growing only due to some our great Muslim leaders. But Still there is some Pro Pakistani(I don't want to use Muslim word), who like Pakistan and support pakistan in india. Cricket is not only a single incident, even i saw this type of activity in Kargil war too...

15. black eagle

Firstly i am myself not a Muslim. secondly you are well within your rights to dislike them supporting Pakistan But they are also within their rights to support Pakistan in a manner which excludes any form of violence.

16. ajay_ijn

ajay_ijn Regular Member

I would definitely like to know why many would rejoice over Sri Lankas Victory. Its a question, plan n simple question. not an accusation. Its quite possible that people who migrated from Sri Lanka to India might have done.

Even rejoice over Bangladesh victory might be because there are lot illegal Bangladesh workers settled in India.

I may love to see Muralitharan bowling or Gilchrist batting but i certainly won't rejoice if they play really well or their team wins.
    but
    if my country wins despite playing worst possible cricket out of luck would definitely rejoice me.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2011
  17. black eagle

Are you trying to say that people who are born in India should not be allowed to support Pakistan & if they do they are anti-india & therefore should be charged for sedition???

18. ajay_ijn

ajay_ijn Regular Member

I am asking a question.
    why people in India rejoice over Pakistani victory? what is actually driving them to do that? what is the strange connection with Pakistan, which is not there is in case of Sri Lanka or Australia or South Africa.

why most people rejoice & fire crackers if India wins the world cup?
    1. because India may be the best team?
    2. India played the best cricket?
    I think because they are indians and there is huge patriotic connection with Team India representing our country in the international tournament. Be it Olympics or soccer or Cricket, there is always patriotism when a sports team represents a country.

if you know any other reasons, i will be happy to know them.

19. Adux

By all means. This is the same reason why we lost lands all the way from Pakistan, Afghanistan, Bangladesh. There has sheer inability on the Indian Polity to create a sense of belonging to India and its ethos also the overzealousness of the Islamic religion. Unfortunate. It is not ok, what they did.

20. Adux

Yes, it is called a pattern, Pakistan isnt just another country. They are our mortal enemies and cause of atleast 200 plus deaths every year. I have had it with pseudo secular -----------------

21. Rage

Rage DFI TEAM Stars and Ambassadors

No, no, no....Wait, I find this strange, too... Supporting Pakistan is not like supporting Brazil or Indonesia. You know there are consequences for this action. You know there are clear emotions evoked in other peoples' minds. And if this is a state, as an entity, that fosters, allegedly, terrorism against our own people- Hindu and Muslim alike- then this is shameful behavior--- to say the very least, because it involves support for a group of individuals that represent this state and seek to bring greater glory to this state, as a whole.

Those Indian muslims should hang their collective heads in shame.

P.S. [email protected]_jin Btw, what city is this?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.