Indian Muslims are not terrorists: Farah Pandith

Discussion in 'Politics & Society' started by Oracle, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Oracle

Oracle New Member

A top official of the Barack Obama administration on Saturday said that Indian Muslims are not terrorists, though many of them are increasingly tired of being defined as such.

"I talk about the bloggers that I meet in India who are tired of Muslims being defined as terrorists," Farah Pandith, the United States Special Representative to the Muslim Community, said in a web video chat on Saturday.

"They're getting out there and talking about what's happening in India, with 160 million Muslims in India -- all of whom, by the way, are not terrorists, excuse me," asserted the Indian-American.

Pandith, who has travelled to more than two dozen Muslim countries and those with sizeable Muslim populations, said that the Obama administration is reaching out to this community across the world to change the widely held negative views about Islam and terrorism.

"The narrative has to change by the conversations that we are having, and not to put everything in one big bucket, just because, obviously, somebody maybe of one faith that does something bad does not mean that everybody of that faith is in that same bucket," she said in response to a question, adding that Muslims are trying very hard to push away any kind of narrative that would convey that impression.

"We as Muslims do not support the use of violence in any way, shape or form," she said. "You have seen cross-cultural responses to Muslims and non-Muslims working together to push back against any kind of violence," Pandith said.

"We need to do more to engage and build dialogue. And what this President has said is that it is a priority for us to engage Muslims around the world," she said.

"Overseas we're trying to build bridges that have been broken and trying to restore opportunities for dialogue. We want to see where we can be more useful in partnering and building initiatives. And that requires us to put a special effort, right at this moment in time, to develop new relationships. So that's why we're doing this," Pandith said.

The Obama administration official said the Muslim world is not a monolithic community, but very diverse.

"It's talking about diversity, and it's talking about things that this country stands for. When we talk about the West, Muslims are part of the West. There are 30 million Muslims in Western Europe. There are millions of Muslims in America," she said, adding that this is not a zero-sum game.

"It's not us versus them. It sort of debunks the entire Samuel Huntington theory of 'The Clash of Civilizations'. It's not the West versus the East. It's not America versus Islam. The President has talked very clearly about the fact that Islam is part of America," she said.

Lalit K Jha In Washington

http://news.rediff.com/report/2010/jul/10/indian-muslims-are-not-terrorists-says-farah-pandith.htm

3. Yusuf

Yusuf GUARDIAN Administrator

My name is Khan err Yusuf, and i am not a terrorist.

Oracle likes this.
  4. EagleOne

EagleOne Regular Member

no actual muslim is terrorist ...terrorist calls them self as muslims

5. Zaki

Zaki Regular Member

did she mean only indian muslims are not terrorists?

Terrorists are Terrorists............. regardless of religion

6. Yusuf

I dont believe she used the word "only". Just talking about Indian muslims and telling they are not terrorists.

Zaki likes this.
  7. Zaki

Zaki Regular Member

no i am not complaining, it would have been more appropriate had she said "Muslims are not terrorists"
    agar tareef karni hi hai to sab ki karo, why taking indian muslims aside only?

My name is Zaki! and i am also not a terrorist...... just like Mr Yusuf

8. Yusuf

Well may be because she is an Indian.???

9. Zaki

Zaki Regular Member

hehheehe yes you are right!

10. Yusuf

LOL, Was itching to say something more in my last post. But didnt. One 100% flame!!!

11. Ray

Ray The Chairman Defence Professionals Moderator

Maoists are terrorists.

There is no end of terrorists around the world.

How did you all like Naik.

I used to listen to him on QTV.

Quite an orator.

His way of 'convincing' works on the audience of the third world!

Note how he uses history and scriptures and gives it a neat twist to appeal to those who are seeing and hearing him. Juggling of facts and myths!

Any idea how one can save these youtube videos so that one can hear him out when one has time. I want to check on the various verse of scriptures he has quoted and try to understand it on my own and see what he aims at.

My pet name is Salim and I am not a Muslim nor a terrorist!

Let religion not cloud our politics and temporal activities!

Let us be good citizens and work for the country.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
    ahmedsid likes this.
  12. Yusuf

And i agree with that Sir. Just that some in the places where it matters dont.

13. LETHALFORCE

LETHALFORCE Moderator Moderator

Labels are placed on people or groups to sell and justify wars and resource grab domestically and to other countries. When the Europeans colonized North America they slaughtered the native population by labelling them as savages.

anoop_mig25, SATISH and ahmedsid like this.
  14. ahmedsid

ahmedsid Top Gun Senior Member

These words of Lethalforce, summed up whats going on Perfectly. Yes there are Muslims who have taken to Terrorism, and Terrorism in all its forms, is WRONG! But for once, why dont the American Govt, take a Deep Breath, and ask themselves, Where the [email protected] is the WMD in Iraq!!!!! :) I rest My Case!

anoop_mig25 and LETHALFORCE like this.
  15. Oracle

Oracle New Member

Maybe because she cannot quite say the same thing about Pakistanis.

16. thakur_ritesh

thakur_ritesh Administrator Administrator

Sir,

download realplayer and then move the cursor on the video, download option should appear on the top right hand corner of the video.

http://download.cnet.com/RealPlayer/3000-2646_4-10706703.html

about real player:

http://in.real.com/

ahmedsid likes this.
  17. ajtr

ajtr Veteran Member Veteran Member

^^
    Ray sir,
    you can directly download youtube and google videos by pasting the url in the following website.

http://keepvid.com

18. EagleOne

EagleOne Regular Member

Farah Pandith:born in Srinagar, Kashmir she is a Special Representative to Muslim Communities for the United States Department of State

19. Neil

Neil Senior Member Senior Member

born in Srinagar....wow...not many Kashmiris vouch for Indian people and even Muslims.....