Indian Multi Role Helicopter (IMRH)

Prayash

HAL unveiled the mock-up of its meandering concept medium lift Indian Multirole Helicopter (IMRH) at the show this year. The huge platform, unveiled by Defene Minister Manohar Parrikar, doesn’t have a final configuration yet, and HAL is in the process of deciding turboshaft engines and other equipment. The two things we do know right off the bat is that HAL is looking to develop the chopper in a list of configurations and for every conceivable profile, including anti-submarine warfare and anti-terror special operations. In true form, HAL had an animated movie depicting the IMRH bombing submarines and delivering VVIPs to wherever it is VVIPs go.
From livefist Fb

Pandora

Country flag
Nice video but let assure you now,this is bound to fail due to low payload vis a vis Mi 17 v5. 3500kg vs 4200 kg.why will airforce want this one over Mi 17 then .Till it frucitfy,most of the Mi 8 will be replaced with Mi 17.

Bahamut

HAL Indian Multirole Helicopter

A fixed landing gear is more crash worthy, the drag is worth the price to make the crew more safe, why make it retractable. Plus why no X shape tail rotar? What are the features to reduce IR detection. Plus the lifting capacity at 3.5 tons is low compare to similar aircraft. Plus why no swept back ends if main rotar? The reduce rotar speed, drag and noise.

sthf

Country flag
Nice video but let assure you now,this is bound to fail due to low payload vis a vis Mi 17 v5. 3500kg vs 4200 kg.why will airforce want this one over Mi 17 then .Till it frucitfy,most of the Mi 8 will be replaced with Mi 17.
3.5 ton is below the industry standard. This is seriously disappointing. ALH and LCH are excellent in their class and LUH is turning out to be great but eventually forces may reject this in favour of phoren maal.

kunal1123

Country flag
well every body here is quick to point out that pay load is 3.5 ton is below industry slandered. but miss that it service ceiling is 6.5km which is quite high, i guess apart from mi17v5 and Eurocopter EC725, i have not read any copter in medium category that have ceiling above 6 km that to they both nearly touch 6 km.

abingdonboy

Country flag
I'm told that HAL are aiming to get the IMRH in service with the IA/IAF by 2024/5! This is much much earlier than I had expected, the IN variant will likely take another 2-3 years on top of this though.

abingdonboy

Country flag
1) Don't go by brocure specs (of the Mi-17 or IMRH)
2) No Mi-17 is made in India, the IMRH thus has a distinct advantadge there
3) The IMRH will have fair superior high altitude performance
4) The ergonomics of the IMRH are clearly superior
5) The safety features of the IMRH are more advanced than that of even the Mi-17 V5

abingdonboy

Country flag
This helicopter is in same league of NHIndustries NH90 and not MI-17V5 ..

They better get VK-2500-III to get better of both, At present it looks better design for an ASW helicopter and good replacement for sea kings ..
NH-90 and Sea King are 10 ton helos, the IMRH is almost 13 tons and can carry 24 fully loaded troops, it is a step above those two and will take on the Mi-17 V5 once fully developed.

Bahamut

well every body here is quick to point out that pay load is 3.5 ton is below industry slandered. but miss that it service ceiling is 6.5km which is quite high, i guess apart from mi17v5 and Eurocopter EC725, i have not read any copter in medium category that have ceiling above 6 km that to they both nearly touch 6 km.
If high altitude us needed the Mi17V7 would have been purchased. It has a ceiling of 8000m and can switch it's engine on at 4000m. I personally think that we should buy a few V7 for our forces for very high altitude operation.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Its a direct challenge to the MI-17V5, I hope the future is fruitful for Indian defense Industry ..

NH-90 and Sea King are 10 ton helos, the IMRH is almost 13 tons and can carry 24 fully loaded troops, it is a step above those two and will take on the Mi-17 V5 once fully developed.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles