Indian MMA - Super Fight League

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Super Fight League(Indian MMA)

Just like UFC now we have Super Fight League in India now, this is free style fighting where the opponent can use any method or martial arts to win.

This is not like Fake Wrestling but real fighters giving their best.

SFL 3 KULTAR SINGH GILL vs QUINTON ARENDSE

SFL 3 LIU SI CONG Vs GURDARSHAN MANGAT

Heavy Weights 110Kgs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tronic

The Indian MMA scene is slowly growing. How many have been following it here?

SFL 9 takes place on the 16th

http://superfightleague.com/

Although these guys are yet nowhere near the level of UFC, but it's a good start considering most of them didn't even know the abc of MMA when they first stepped into the cage. Sandeep's one of my favourite debutant fighters, along with Rajinder.

He won every fight in SFL Challengers. Easily poised to win a 3 year - 25 Lakh rupees contract with SFL, but left the show to go back and join his ITBP unit. Great fighter.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
I thought i started a thread on this couple of months back. I well is this doing these days?

I heard UFC is comeing to India. So SFL may lose out.

Libertarian

TBH, I don't like this whole UFC in India thing...
I feel India should do its own thing and not let foreign corporations come-in and try to monopolize the market.

Tronic

TBH, I don't like this whole UFC in India thing...
I feel India should do its own thing and not let foreign corporations come-in and try to monopolize the market.
Just a few points.

SFL is owned by Indians (Raj Kundra and Sanjay Dutt), it is only associated with the UFC (owned by Zuffa) in the sense that they follow the same set of standards so that the fighters are universally recognized and can interchangeably fight in various countries and still have the same set of rules. Nothing alien.

Secondly, Zuffa makes it money in India from broadcasting rights for the UFC, not the actual events. They will be airing their "Ultimate Fighter: Indian edition" next year, so it only depends where things go from there. So far the plan is to find and train fighters to take back to the US for the UFC, but if they plan on expanding in India, than it will be a competition for SFL.

Lastly, multiple Indian MMA promoters already exist, and they have been utterly horrible at promoting the sport. It has been a loose-loose for everyone. Bad for Indian MMA, and bad for Indian fighters, since they were being paid peanuts and couldn't take up MMA as a full-time career. SFL has changed that somewhat, and UFC will most definitely be a big win for Indian fighters.

Last edited:

Libertarian

^Yeah, I was talking about the Indian version of the "Ultimate Fighter". Is the SFL, in any way, tied to that show?

Libertarian

tronic said:
Lastly, multiple Indian MMA promoters already exist, and they have been utterly horrible at promoting the sport. It has been a loose-loose for everyone. Bad for Indian MMA, and bad for Indian fighters, since they were being paid peanuts and couldn't take up MMA as a full-time career. SFL has changed that somewhat, and UFC will most definitely be a big win for Indian fighters.
Local shows may be horrible now, but when India is ready for it, things will start to improve on its own, .

tronic said:
So far the plan is to find and train fighters to take back to the US for the UFC, but if they plan on expanding in India, than it will be a competition for SFL.
That is what I was alluding to. Dana is bad news. You have to see what he's done to some of the smaller shows in the U.S. and then you'd know what I'm talking about.

Rage

DFI TEAM
What SFL has done different from the other promoters of MMA is to rope in the big Bollywood money into its events. I was actually involved with the inaugural edition of the SFL last year, and while the logistics etc. were spotlessly organized, I didn't think it stood true to the MMA spirit. There were plenty of good fighters, including some very renowned international stars, but the fights were not rostered properly, there were too many 'speeches' and the Bollywood song-and-dance felt more like a distraction, than a highlight.

Now, if you want a true guts and grit MMA, an MMA that's all about the fight-skills and determination, this is where it's at:

FCC is a Mixed Martial Arts league organized at the Famous Studios, Mahalaxmi that's just coming out of the underground.

FCC-5 Mixed Martial Arts | Facebook

Their youtube channel is here. MMA India FCC - YouTube
@Tronic, thank you for starting this thread anyway.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Any gyms apart from the Tiger gym in Nashik which is good for training? There are no training facilities for MMA in TN or south India as a whole.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
did any nne knew about any indian channel currenttly showing the mma suff?UFC,K1 or this so called indian MMA?Any way i had watched a seasonn of bellator in prime cbs one year before.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles