Indian Military Trains

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Indian Army`s Own Rail Wagons..

BOGIE FLAT ARJUN TANK WAGON – BROAD GAUGE (1676 MM)

BOGIE WELL TYPE WAGON – BROAD GAUGE (1676 MM)

BOGIE OPEN MILITARY NEW (BOMN) WAGON – BROAD GAUGE (1676 MM)

BOGIE RAILWAY SPECIAL TRANSISTIONAL COUPLING NEW (BRSTN) WAGON – BROAD GAUGE (1676 MM)

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Some thing Interesting >>

The Photo of T-72M1 on train existed since 2011, But none noticed before that they are carried over Arjun`s wagons which were known to be operational since 2007, Indication are that the surface of Arjun Wagon are flat compare to T-72M1/90s wagons..

bhramos

Country flag

The Indian armed force tankers that were located at Seabird (INS Kadamba), Asia's largest naval base in Karwar in Uttara Karnataka were transported by railway wagons to Secundarabad, through Mangalore

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
^^
What is designation of tank recovery vehicle?

A T-72 chassis, right?

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Things have improved since my time when I was in NDA.

When we went home on term breaks, we went in Third Class compartments with wooden sleeper berths!

and during my service, I have travelled, as a unit, in many military specials.

They were not so fancy looking and were normal rakes, as in passenger trains. They also have Cs that carried the stuff of the unit.

The Langers were Cs, with open doors and the food was cooked on the move and distributed at pre-designated stations, with the train usually in the yard.

It was invariably never charged, resulting in no lights and water, till we kicked up a ruckus and then the railway would do some charging of the batteries (which died down as fast), but the water was filled since it did not take time as the charging did.

Once we were stranded in the yard for two days and night because the 'steam was building up' i.e. getting an engine ready.

We picked up the Station Superintendent, who was in a party and came to because of our endless telephone call, and we just picked him up and put him in a bogey (and as usual it had no electricity or water). The Divisional boss, who was also at the party came to 'rescue' him. We told him that our rakes better be charged, watered and the engine given or else the Superintendent would continue to keep us company to understand our ordeal.

It was done and we released the Superintendent only after we crossed the Railway Divisional jurisdication.

There was a huge shindig thereafter, but since we maintain logs and Sitreps are given, our case was strong, but we got a dressing down for high handedness!

I was a young Captain then and the Train Adjutant!

I still remember the name of the Superintendent but won't mention it here.

Last edited:

Decklander

Sir, In my time in NDA we had slightly better trains but we were always given a platform which was worst in the station and the train wud stop at some really small stations for some unknown reasons. Jhelum express at that time was one of the fastest trains between delhi and Pune and took about 24 hrs but our special wud take about 36 hrs. And it had many bogies which used to get detached at various stations to be joined with reguler trains to reach places like lucknow, patna, punjab and on its return journey we used to have bogies joining this train and manytimes we had wait for hours on a station as the bogie arriving from another place wud reach late.

pmaitra

Sir, In my time in NDA we had slightly better trains but we were always given a platform which was worst in the station and the train wud stop at some really small stations for some unknown reasons. Jhelum express at that time was one of the fastest trains between delhi and Pune and took about 24 hrs but our special wud take about 36 hrs. And it had many bogies which used to get detached at various stations to be joined with reguler trains to reach places like lucknow, patna, punjab and on its return journey we used to have bogies joining this train and manytimes we had wait for hours on a station as the bogie arriving from another place wud reach late.
You mean carriage, I believe.

This is a bogie:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles