Indian Human Spaceflight Program (HSP)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
lol, the language of the news report should not be a problem for you...but for me it is

Suit features mentioned in above news clip:
  • Seven layered, fire-retardant, water-repellent, puncture-proof
  • Pressure controlled
  • Chilling water cooled
  • Umbilical connectors for suit-sensors, biometric sensors, air and oxygen supplies
  • Has approx 200 parts including mechanical, electrical and plastic parts
  • Weighs 13kg
  • Developed in 4 years

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Def lab works on food for spaceflight crew
By Express News Service | Published: 03rd December 2016 01:26 AM |
Last Updated: 03rd December 2016 05:20 AM

CHENNAI: The Mysuru-based Defence Food Research Laboratory (DFRL) is planning to prepare food for India’s Human Spaceflight Programme that will carry a two-member crew to a low earth orbit, according to Rakesh Kumar Sharma, director, DFRL.
Indian Air Force’s Institute of Aerospace Medicine (IAM) is researching the physiological and psychological needs for Indian Space Research Organisation’s (ISRO) human spaceflight crew.
Speaking on the sidelines of the Confederation of Indian Industry’s (CII) fifth edition of Foodcon 2016, Sharma said trials were being conducted on G Suit (a flight suit worn by aviators and astronauts who experience high levels of acceleration force, g).
It is designed to prevent black-out and g-LOC (g-induced loss of consciousness) caused by blood pooling in the lower part of the body when under acceleration against gravity, thus depriving the brain of blood.
“We are developing the food keeping in mind the requirements of aviators using the G-suit so that flow of blood to the brain is not blocked,” he said.
Talking of the space food, he said it would be more like toothpaste. “It will hold all solids converted into a paste,” said Sharma. Asked how long would it take to develop the food, he said it was at an inception stage.
ISRO has an MoU with IAM to conduct basic research on the physiological and psychological requirements for human space mission as a pre-project R&D. ISRO also has agreements with a Bangalore-based third party to develop spacesuits.
Apart from the planned space food venture, DFRL is coming out with bitter gourd chips that are green in colour for soldiers defending the borders at high altitudes. Sharma said the soldiers serving at high altitudes required more spicy and more colourful food.
“We are developing food which provides more energy to the soldiers to survive in high altitude areas,” said Sharma.
@HariPrasad-1 @Chinmoy

Pad Abort Test is most likely by end of this month. I have earlier posted about rendezvous space docking experiment, critical for building space stations. But what in opinion of you guys, will be the realistic time by which Vyomanuts can be in space.

Chinmoy

Country flag

@HariPrasad-1 @Chinmoy

Pad Abort Test is most likely by end of this month. I have earlier posted about rendezvous space docking experiment, critical for building space stations. But what in opinion of you guys, will be the realistic time by which Vyomanuts can be in space.
I think before sending Vyomnauts, GSLV MkIII would have to undergo extensive deployment and have to reach a comfort level as that of PSLV launch. Only after that we should engage ourself Manned Space Mission. Taking all of these in context, I believe 2020 would be something to look for.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

@HariPrasad-1 @Chinmoy

Though i am least interested in Human space program, i think it can be achieved by 2023.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I think before sending Vyomnauts, GSLV MkIII would have to undergo extensive deployment and have to reach a comfort level as that of PSLV launch. Only after that we should engage ourself Manned Space Mission. Taking all of these in context, I believe 2020 would be something to look for.
PSLV comfort level is for commercial level. 4-5 consecutive successful launches will prepare LVM3 for it.
On Topic: I'm feeling even beyond 2020. Crew safety is very critical for ISRO (and must be if India doesn't want to get humiliated by US, Russia and PRC).
Cdy-2 will be occupying time and attention of scientists till it's launched. Though Mgy-2 and Aditya L1 are mere orbiters, won't need much testing.

But critical experiments; Pad Abort Tests, Increasing Launch Frequency of GSLV Mk3, construction of third advanced launch Pad, unmanned re entry tests, selecting and training crews from IAF and space docking (though, it may occur later for space station). Many missions under study and development may be put on hold for it (but that's fair too, it's HSP after all.:bounce:). I'm finding that it may occur around 2022 (end of 13th 5 years plan) or government may include all types of tests in 2017-22 and we may go there during the start of 14th 5 years plan. Chandrayaan 2 won't let it occur before 2020
Off Topic: Few years delay doesn't matter, better than a failed attempt, but I'm really excited.:biggrin2:
I know it's from One Direction Band glorifying America's space program but must there not be such a theme song for Indian HSP?:tongue:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
For compiling, upcoming missions (priority wise) must be:
  1. Pad Abort Test
  2. Placing an Ion propulsed satellite in orbit (GSAT 19E with LVM3 D1).
  3. Chandryaan 2
  4. Replacement for AstroSat
  5. Possibly another test of RLV (LEX).
  6. Launching a heavier orbiter (Mangalyaan 2) to the Mars and Aditya L1 to the sun.
  7. Sending Humans in space
  8. Making a heavy lift launch vehicle family (from 10 to 15 tonnes to GTO and 25-35 tonnes to LEO).
  9. Launching an orbiter to Venus.
  10. Some flyby or even Rosetta like lander an asteroid and an orbiter to Jupiter (time consuming missions, ISRO personnel have talked about this many times, specially asteroid and just once Jupiter).

Chinmoy

Country flag
For compiling, upcoming missions (priority wise) must be:
  1. Pad Abort Test
  2. Placing an Ion propulsed satellite in orbit (GSAT 19E with LVM3 D1).
  3. Chandryaan 2
  4. Replacement for AstroSat
  5. Possibly another test of RLV (LEX).
  6. Launching a heavier orbiter (Mangalyaan 2) to the Mars and Aditya L1 to the sun.
  7. Sending Humans in space
  8. Making a heavy lift launch vehicle family (from 10 to 15 tonnes to GTO and 25-35 tonnes to LEO).
  9. Launching an orbiter to Venus.
  10. Some flyby or even Rosetta like lander an asteroid and an orbiter to Jupiter (time consuming missions, ISRO personnel have talked about this many times, specially asteroid and just once Jupiter).
Why not plan something about Europa??? Its environment is much more intriguing then Mars itself. Environmental study of Europa would be the MayurPankh moment for ISRO... :)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Why not plan something about Europa??? Its environment is much more intriguing then Mars itself. Environmental study of Europa would be the MayurPankh moment for ISRO... :)
Jupiter, Venus, Asteroid or Europa. All sorts of deep space missions will occur in next decade.
And more than exploration and discovering extraterrestrial life, Indian space program is more centred towards colonizable/mineable places which are rich of minerals.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Jupiter, Venus, Asteroid or Europa. All sorts of deep space missions will occur in next decade.
And more than exploration and discovering extraterrestrial life, Indian space program is more centred towards colonizable/mineable places which are rich of minerals.
Europa is the best bet till now for colonization and mining. I earnestly hope that ISRO would think about it :drool::drool::drool:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Look!
From PSLV C-36!

Seems like either under progress assembly of GSLV Mk3 D1 or a mock up stage for Pad Abort test. Thanks to vineetghk, blessed eyes.:p

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
basically its a bit of a pitiful project
in the past we heard all sorts of scheduled dates for the first indian in space ( via ISRO ) stretching from 2016 - 2019 )
then in 2015 as we get close to the date, chaiman kiran K says it's not a priority

so its not priority , just sad and pitiful ..... is it a cover-up for lack of proper schedule ? nevertheless other aspects of isro are doing reasonably well - so there's the balance in perspective
personally i think it SHOULD be a priority , but apparently we cant afford the cost and without wanting to say so , we find other expressions

in fact it is to our honour that we are not taking away from other people development programs just to fund this prestigious project and we should say so to the world especially when they try to accuse india of neglecting the poor in preference of isro projects .... we can cite this case of slow development of out HSF program because of allocation of funds to the poor ....otherwise we could have been much higher up the ladder of progress by now

@Tamil TigerWoods
@nick_indian@Deadshot Para Guy@Google@republic_roi97@Defcon 1 @GhanteshwarSER=21606] @Ramdasrathsuryavanshi[/USER] @vinay535@Darth Malgus USER=14856]@Rushil51[/USER] @rishivashista13
@Ramdasrathsuryavanshi@Imaxxx@Eastman @raheel besharam@Bullet@raja696@Ankit Purohit@Akshay_Fenix@aditya10r@Akaskkumar@airtel@angeldude13@aditya10r@Abhijat@AncientIndian@anupamsurey@aliyah @ @Alien@AravindSanjeev @Achauhan@asingh10@AdityaG@asianobserve@Bahamut @BATTLEFIELD@Berkut@bose@Bornubus@brational@blueblood@Blackwater
@Blood+@bhai-117@Bangalorean@bengalraider
@Bengal_Tiger@biswas_k11 @BharatEkKhoj @BroodFather @cobracommando@Chirag @ChrisJude@Chinmoy@Cadian@DingDong@dhananjay1@ersakthivel@FRYCRY
@G10@Gessler@garg_bharat@guru-dutt @HariSud
@hit&run@hardip@HeinzGud@indiandefencefan@I_PLAY_BAD @IndianDevil@Indibomber@Jangaruda
@JayPatel@jackprince@Kshatriya87@kstriya@LETHALFORCE@laughingbuddha@mhk99@Mikesingh@mayfair@MetsaMan@Markantony @manutdfan@maomao @NavneetKundu @Neil @NickyG@OneGrimPilgrim@pmaitra@parijataka@PaliwalWarrior@Pulkit@PrashantAzazel@rahulsingh@Rowdy@Razor@Rashna@[email protected]@shade@sasum@smestarz @SakalGhareluUstad @Srinivas_K@Shashank Sharma@SANITY
@sunnyv@sgarg@sabari@Sameet2@saik@sorcerer@Superdefender@sydsnyper@Sridevi@SREEKAR@Screambowl@Sylex21 @TacticalFrog @TejasMK3@Theenlightened @tejaswarrior@tharun@thethinker@tsunami@TODELU@VIP@VaghaDeva@Vishwarupa@VishalGuts@Yusuf@Yumdoot@Zebra

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
basically its a bit of a pitiful project
in the past we heard all sorts of scheduled dates for the first indian in space ( via ISRO ) stretching from 2016 - 2019 )
then in 2015 as we get close to the date, chaiman kiran K says it's not a priority

so its not priority , just sad and pitiful ..... is it a cover-up for lack of proper schedule ? nevertheless other aspects of isro are doing reasonably well - so there's the balance in perspective
personally i think it SHOULD be a priority , but apparently we cant afford the cost and without wanting to say so , we find other expressions

in fact it is to our honour that we are not taking away from other people development programs just to fund this prestigious project and we should say so to the world especially when they try to accuse india of neglecting the poor in preference of isro projects .... we can cite this case of slow development of out HSF program because of allocation of funds to the poor ....otherwise we could have been much higher up the ladder of progress by now
Madam madam madam ! :bounce:
ISRO works on 5 years plans way to execute the missions.
So, before 2017-22, ISRO's all preparations are being done from thrme change left in pocket after executing missions.
Yes, it was being considered that we may or may not carry out or not but after former ISRO chief's remarks,
http://www.thehansindia.com/posts/i...-pitches-for-human-spaceflight-mission/249315

Decision of Mysuru lab to make food, preparation of life support systems and now Pad Abort test this month, clarifies that government has got his message.

America's manned Lunar program led to creation of semiconductor, India's formative attempts in space program led to creation of artificial heart and now ISRO's space suit development program led to creation of a warm light gel to keep you fit at Siachen.

Technology is never bad, being devious and doing power projection is marvellous.:tongue:
Plus budget we use is nuts.
Human Spaceflight isn't an easy thing, so delays are obvious, China tried since 70s and was successful in 2003, India has such plans since 90s, and finally reached this near.

Now, the "world" is a much bigger place than impure Firangiland and illegitimate arab hell.
I remember, during C-34, everyone praised us, only B-BC and al katua (aka al jazeera) didn't forget to remind us that we are still a third world country and such missions are "controversial".:biggrin2:

The budget India spends on space program is nuts, even if India immediately shuts down it's space program today, our people won't become rich.

India is located in Southern Asia and I don't think most of them having very good living standards because of not having space program. India has a high HDI improvement rate and per capita income growth rate, we changed ourselves from a bankrupt LDC in 70s to a developing country today, leaving many behind, will continue it.

In percentage, it's very low, not enough to affect us.
NASA: $19 billions
CNSA (China): $4.21 billions
JAXA: $1.62 billions
ISRO: $1.09 billions

$1 billion is nothing against an economy of $2.5 trillions or an annual budget of $600 billions. Plus, economic growth is enough high that every year, this budget reduces in percentage even if expands in numbers.

The main difference that India's space, particle research, medical research programs make, that
Indians are probably most innovative people (taking per capita in account) among all third world countries. We scored 3400+ patents in USTPO 2015 and filed 45,658 in World Intellectual Property Report 2016.

Meanwhile, rarely any other third world country reaches 25-30 in USTPO or 1,000 in WIP.
There's no point being fooled by clowns who bring futile arguments over India's poverty to demean everything. Or probably to make these morons feel good and sleep tight at night, like GREAT British cockroaches, not left very great now, and falls short militarily, economically and even technically in so many aspects, it's always better way to escape from depression that a former colony can today crush them under feet, call them poor.
Indian poverty ratio is now just 7.7% (PPP).
Let it come below 1, there will be some new rants.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Look!
From PSLV C-36!

Seems like either under progress assembly of GSLV Mk3 D1 or a mock up stage for Pad Abort test. Thanks to vineetghk, blessed eyes.:p
Please everyone ignore that image.
That's LVM3 D1, there's a separate launch Pad for Pad Abort Tests.
http://www.isro.gov.in/cmg-c-t-1687024
I just knew about the tender which was supposed to be completed in start of last month November.

Has someone any update after that?
@HariPrasad-1 @AnantS @Chinmoy @ezsasa

HariPrasad-1

Country flag

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Madam madam madam ! :bounce:
ISRO works on 5 years plans way to execute the missions.
So, before 2017-22, ISRO's all preparations are being done from thrme change left in pocket after executing missions.
Yes, it was being considered that we may or may not carry out or not but after former ISRO chief's remarks,
http://www.thehansindia.com/posts/i...-pitches-for-human-spaceflight-mission/249315

Decision of Mysuru lab to make food, preparation of life support systems and now Pad Abort test this month, clarifies that government has got his message.

America's manned Lunar program led to creation of semiconductor, India's formative attempts in space program led to creation of artificial heart and now ISRO's space suit development program led to creation of a warm light gel to keep you fit at Siachen.

Technology is never bad, being devious and doing power projection is marvellous.:tongue:

Human Spaceflight isn't an easy thing, so delays are obvious, China tried since 70s and was successful in 2003, India has such plans since 90s, and finally reached this near.

Now, the "world" is a much bigger place than impure Firangiland and illegitimate arab hell.
I remember, during C-34, everyone praised us, only B-BC and al katua (aka al jazeera) didn't forget to remind us that we are still a third world country and such missions are "controversial".:biggrin2:

The budget India spends on space program is nuts, even if India immediately shuts down it's space program today, our people won't become rich.

India is located in Southern Asia and I don't think most of them having very good living standards because of not having space program. India has a high HDI improvement rate and per capita income growth rate, we changed ourselves from a bankrupt LDC in 70s to a developing country today, leaving many behind, will continue it.

In percentage, it's very low, not enough to affect us.
NASA: $19 billions
CNSA (China): $4.21 billions
JAXA: $1.62 billions
ISRO: $1.09 billions

$1 billion is nothing against an economy of $2.5 trillions or an annual budget of $600 billions. Plus, economic growth is enough high that every year, this budget reduces in percentage even if expands in numbers.

The main difference that India's space, particle research, medical research programs make, that
Indians are probably most innovative people (taking per capita in account) among all third world countries. We scored 3400+ patents in USTPO 2015 and filed 45,658 in World Intellectual Property Report 2016.

Meanwhile, rarely any other third world country reaches 25-30 in USTPO or 1,000 in WIP.
There's no point being fooled by clowns who bring futile arguments over India's poverty to demean everything. Or probably to make these morons feel good and sleep tight at night, like GREAT British cockroaches, not left very great now, and falls short militarily, economically and even technically in so many aspects, it's always better way to escape from depression that a former colony can today crush them under feet, call them poor.
Indian poverty ratio is now just 7.7% (PPP).
Let it come below 1, there will be some new rants.
nice reply an i liked it !
i think you went a bit beyond the ambit of my original post
which was basically a mixed lament that we shied away from a fixed time frame to extending time frame and then calling it a low priority
then again, to be accurate i also went into the fact that we are not pouring money just for prestige , we are also balancing the needs of the poor too

no where did i ever doubt our capabilities and note the use of the word our
i believe you can accept my fair minded position on this ?

my post was merely sharing my lament that we have somehow meandered into a position where HSP is now called by the chairman to be low pririty ...that to me is a great pity ...because until we have robots of the same high dexterity of humans, then how can HSP be low priority ? finally we needed to know what he meant by low priority and im not clear on that , to be honest

al your other points on our ability and creativity ertc etc were not the focus of my post but anyway , just by the way i agree with you wholeheartedly on ALL of them, serious ...not attempting to placate, i think they are all correct even if not central to my original post

just as a matter of interest though, if you can someday start a thread on the statistics you have about OUR creativity , i would sure like to know how we compare to china ,

best regards,
R
ps; i cant run away from the fact that if we can put a man or woman up within the next two years, it will be TERRIFIC boost on our image .......the usually sour grapes brits will have lost their argument forever and as for our particular western neighbor ? !!!!!

Last edited:

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
you have about OUR creativity , i would sure like to know how we compare to china,
I think already in "Design and Develop in India" in economy and infrastructure section.
the usually sour grapes brits will have lost their argument forever and as for our particular western neighbor ? !!!!!
It's very difficult to even see such small countries on map.
Whatever they say about me and my courage, I have left arguing them, not because I'm afraid but because I have too much facts which can pollute their maleecha and jihadi minds plus it's a waste of my time, my internet and so my money.:)

Chinmoy

Country flag
nice reply an i liked it !
i think you went a bit beyond the ambit of my original post
which was basically a mixed lament that we shied away from a fixed time frame to extending time frame and then calling it a low priority
then again, to be accurate i also went into the fact that we are not pouring money just for prestige , we are also balancing the needs of the poor too

no where did i ever doubt our capabilities and note the use of the word our
i believe you can accept my fair minded position on this ?

my post was merely sharing my lament that we have somehow meandered into a position where HSP is now called by the chairman to be low pririty ...that to me is a great pity ...because until we have robots of the same high dexterity of humans, then how can HSP be low priority ? finally we needed to know what he meant by low priority and im not clear on that , to be honest

al your other points on our ability and creativity ertc etc were not the focus of my post but anyway , just by the way i agree with you wholeheartedly on ALL of them, serious ...not attempting to placate, i think they are all correct even if not central to my original post

just as a matter of interest though, if you can someday start a thread on the statistics you have about OUR creativity , i would sure like to know how we compare to china ,

best regards,
R
ps; i cant run away from the fact that if we can put a man or woman up within the next two years, it will be TERRIFIC boost on our image .......the usually sour grapes brits will have lost their argument forever and as for our particular western neighbor ? !!!!!
@roma ... Although @Indx TechStyle replied, I hope you won't mind me chipping in. Hoping India to undertake a HSP before 2020 is more then optimistic. I mean I've always said this in many forums that, thinking of a HSP before making GSLV flight a norm is just a dream. I'd not even consider the PAD abort test et.al.
Now why ISRO declared something like this prematurely. IMO its not a premature declaration. Its more of a politically correct declaration from their part. I mean look at their budget for HSP, 41crore?
Its these budgetary allocations which force our organizations to declare premature projects. You have to justify the allocation and give out the progress report of the same.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I mean look at their budget for HSP, 41crore?
Its these budgetary allocations which force our organizations to declare premature projects. You have to justify the allocation and give out the progress report of the same.
As told before, it's mainly done from change left. Actual budget to fast track the program will be released in next 5 years plan in 2017 which will actually decide that how realistic HSP is before 2022.

For launching humans in space, I think @roma is talking about the capability only for which, we even can do it today. But we have issue with safety and duration if flight.:)

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles