Indian girl still missing after police hunt in london

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Within touching distance of her family just hours before they were due to fly back to India. But moments later this 17-year-old girl vanished in the middle of Oxford Street... and has not been seen since

- Emaan Shah was out shopping with her parents when she went missing
- The family have been left 'frantic with worry' since disappearance on Monday
- The family were on holiday in the UK and were due to return home that day
- Police have issued CCTV of the teenager in a bid to trace her

A police hunt is underway to trace an Indian teenager who went missing while on a shopping trip with her family on London's Oxford Street.

Emaan Shah's parents have been left 'frantic with worry' after the 17-year-old became separated from them while out shopping on Monday, June 10.

The teenager had been on holiday in the UK with her family for two weeks and was due to fly home to India that evening.

Her father Tanvir Shah has said the family are desperate for information about the teenager and that there was no reason his daughter would go missing.

He said: 'My wife and two sons are now frantic with worry. There is no reason for Emaan to go missing.

'We'd been enjoying our last few hours in London before catching our flight home. I was just a few paces ahead of my wife and daughter in Oxford Street and when I turned round she'd gone.

'We are at a point where we cannot eat, we cannot sleep. We are desperate for news about Emaan and just want her back with us.'

Officers have said her disappearance is 'completely out of character'.

Westminster police have pieced together CCTV which shows Emaan walking along Wimore Street, close to the junction with Duke Street, after appearing to have left Oxford Street.

Officers have said the route could have taken her back to the hotel she was staying in.

Detective Inspector Annette Clark, who is leading the investigation to trace the teenager, said: 'Emaan may be 17 but she is not street-wise and she's never travelled alone before.

'She is not familiar with London and, to our knowledge, does not have any friends in the capital.

'It is vital that anyone with information about her whereabouts contact us as soon as possible.'

Emaan is 5ft 3ins tall, of slim build with brown wavy hair. When last seen she was wearing a black jacket with a Manchester United logo on the chest, grey trousers and black and white trainers.

Anyone who saw her on Oxford Street that day, or who thinks they may have seen her since, should call 101 and quote ref 5736/10JUN13.

Hunt for missing Indian teenager, 17, after she disappears on family trip to Oxford Street while walking just yards from her parents | Mail Online

Global Defence

New threads

Articles