Indian footprints emerging on Naval base attack

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
^Exactally, RAW does not have enough brain wash material and guarantees to haven like the terrorists do. An agency can not produce sucide agents, which is an absurd claim by Pakistan.

prahladh

Respected Member
Bunch of crybabies. Bahhhh Bahhhhh, We got screwed again.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
let us assume that it was attack by RAW, then what has happen to China ???

Any attack on Pakistan will be considered as an attack on PRC.

We should have been at war with china and pak.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
let us assume that it was attack by RAW, then what has happen to China ???

Any attack on Pakistan will be considered as an attack on PRC.

We should have been at war with china and pak.
Now that the terrorist have attacked and killed Chinese which is worse than Americans killing Pakistanis or Arab Terrorists, may be China would declare war against Pakistani terrorists in equal measure. :)

JAISWAL

the brother-hood just got expired before the attack originated and it again come back to warranty period just after the attack ended.
So much for all weather friend-ship and brother-hood which only exsist for spring season and dry out in light rain(not even a storm) which causes these seasoned friendship.

indiandude123

well well well i was expecting this from the pakis if this is an attack from RAW how come the super duper ISI couldn't foil it as it was said by ISI chief any attack on pakis assets will be answered accordingly . are all the ISI agents sleeping with their Chinese hookers. what a dumb jack asses no wonder USA is raping them day in and day out with predator strikes. Why don't ISI accept that they just failed miserably in identifying the threats to military assets

:bs:

Last edited:

Sikh_warrior

Professional
Despite TTP taking the FULL ownership and responsibility of the rain, the pakistanis still not believe them!

i wonder what are pakistanis smoking these days??

chex3009

Country flag
It this is what they claim that it had Indian Designs and RAW written all over it then the next target must be Masroor, Sargodha and Chaklala and i am not pointing towards fighters.

Tronic

If its done by RAW then very well done , i am not denouncing this as a terrorist attack because it didnt kill innocent civilians in the marketplace or the hotel.

The Indian state has been under Pakistan's proxy war since last two decades and if their go up and blow a couple of their navy fighters , then i wish finally somebody has woken up and listened to vast majority.

This if done by RAW is welcome and this is what surgical strikes mean , lets hope RAW has done this , then the ISI will realize that they can be paid back next time they plan another Mumbai attack.

Well done RAW even if we know how false this Pakistani claim is , yet we hope that it was RAW who did it.

I'm surprised the way Pakistani public is reacting. It goes to show how much influence the military there has on these people; they do not even react like this when civilian marketplaces get bombed, yet a military base gets attacked and they are moaning and crying over 'terrorism'. When a sufi mosque got bombed previously, I was told by my Pakistani friend that, "I'm not too sure about the sufis, and what Islam really says about them". When a grenade went off in a crowded marketplace in Indian Kashmir, I was told by the same, "They are freedom fighters, they fight the only way they can." Now, when a Pakistani military base is attacked, they are screaming terrorism! :rolleyes: That base was a totally legitimate military target and the TTP has declared war on Pakistan. Sadly Pakistanis will never realize that terrorism is universal for all people of the world; their thinking will always be fixated towards, 'terrorism against my neighbours is not terrorism, terrorism against my country is atrocious!' I am for one not upset over this attack one bit, they had it coming! I also hope they keep facing similar attacks until they realize that breeding terrorists is not a good policy! Until than, I'm more than happy to see them burning in their own fire, which they had been directing towards my people and my family the last 3 decades; it is the only way they will learn to stop playing with it. Hopefully.

Last edited:

Blackwater

Well, if its done by RAW . Iam proud of it. All i can say,

Hum (RAW) ISI se better dimag rakhte ha to sazish karte ha . Pakistani kar le agar dimag ho to":becky::becky::agni:

Tronic

It this is what they claim that it had Indian Designs and RAW written all over it then the next target must be Masroor, Sargodha and Chaklala and i am not pointing towards fighters.
I would prefer more if it is the ISI headquarters in Aabpara next.

chex3009

Country flag

This Zahil Hamid has gone mad and is asking Pakistan Army to go in India and Afghanistan to clean up terrorists (which they created).

Last edited by a moderator:

Blackwater

This Zahil Hamid has gone mad and is asking Pakistan Army to go in India and Afghanistan to clean up terrorists (which they created).
Hahhaah , His Holliness zahil Hamid

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

^^ Zaid Hamid mentions Yugoslavia. Funny, he doesn't mention how Pakistan airlifted weapons for the KLA terrorists.

Chicken-home-roost syndrome. :D

pmaitra

^^ I wonder if any of the major Islamic Nations, at least the governments thereof, care at all about Zaid Hamid.

He is an accomplished rhetorician, no doubt, but I think many in Pakistan are gradually getting tired of his trite harangue.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
^^ I wonder if any of the major Islamic Nations, at least the governments thereof, care at all about Zaid Hamid.

He is an accomplished rhetorician, no doubt, but I think many in Pakistan are gradually getting tired of his trite harangue.
I seriously think that Zaid Hamid might be a RAW agent.

If you think about it, his rantings have effectively deluded Pakistan from their real problem, thereby speeding up the rate of Pakistan's disintegration, thereby indirectly helping India.

Just saying...

indiandude123

I seriously think that Zaid Hamid might be a RAW agent.

If you think about it, his rantings have effectively deluded Pakistan from their real problem, thereby speeding up the rate of Pakistan's disintegration, thereby indirectly helping India.

Just saying...
hahahaha good point mate :thumb::thumb:

Tronic

Many other nations, NATO ones, were helping the KLA as well. What's important about Zaid Hamid or whatever he is calling himself fought in the Siege of Kabul in 1997 and other operations in Afghanistan as a Talib. This is verified by his own mouth, and deep analysis.
I don't buy that. Zaid Hamid is the type of chap to piss his pants at the sound of a single bullet forget fighting a civil war in Afghanistan; him fighting with the Taliban is horse crap! His word of mouth has laughable credibility, and I would like to know your "deep analysis" of coming to this conclusion.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
The oldest question: who benefits?

Pakistan Naval Station Mehran saw one of the worst terror attacks in Pakistan's history Sunday night when a group of terrorists, armed with RPGs, AK-47s, light machine-guns and hand grenades breached the security of the base and managed to target and destroy two P-3C Orion planes, each worth $36 million, upgrade costs excluded.
The planes were a dedicated target. While one has been fully destroyed, there are conflicting reports on the damage sustained by the second.

Four P-3Cs were based at PNS Mehran, which also uses the facilities of the Pakistan air force's Faisal airbase. The aircraft is a multi-role, long-endurance machine, carrying a variety of integrated sensors and anti-surface and subsurface weapons. It is nicknamed "Airborne Destroyer".

The attack also killed 11 navy personnel, including three civilian employees and two Rangers personnel. It took security forces over 16 hours to take control of the base. Questions abound.

Ads by Google
Was the attack facilitated by a security lapse or was security breached? Why target the Orions? The Pakistan navy has come under attack recently; what became of the inquiries into three attacks on navy buses? Was there any intelligence on the possibility of such a strike? If not, why not? If the group of attackers crossed the nullah that flows by one side of the base, was that approach secured? How were the attackers so familiar with the terrain and layout of the base? Could there be insider-outsider collusion; or did the planners of the attack reconnoitre the area, complementing ground recce with satellite imagery from Google Earth?

The Orion, the target, is primarily a force-multiplier against the Indian Navy and while upgrades of sensors and weapons through the Anti-Surface Warfare Improvement Programme can make it useful for sustained combat air support over land — case in point their use in Afghanistan by the Royal Australian Air Force — and also for geological surveys overland, these machines were not capable of those roles.

Why would the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan choose to target the P-3Cs? Unlike in Balochistan, where there is direct evidence of India's involvement with Baloch sub-nationalists, there is no clear evidence that India is also, directly or indirectly, supporting the TTP, but circumstantial evidence is mounting. The charge means nothing unless a clear signature is identified which is extremely difficult. But the sentiment will grow and make normalisation of Pakistan-India ties that much more difficult. It will also impact the endgame in Afghanistan.

The killing of the attackers is no success. Although they might have had an extrication plan, they had IED belts tied to them which shows they were prepared to die rather than be captured. But they achieved what they had set out to do — they inflicted the loss of planes and men; created a spectacle; and, most of all, made everyone question, yet again, the ability of the military to secure itself against brazen attacks.

This fits in with another narrative, and that seems to be a motive bigger than destroying the P-3Cs: if bases and high-value assets are not secure, is there a guarantee that an attack like this cannot be mounted on Pakistan's nuclear assets, and successfully? That question is already reverberating through security circles. Add to this the possibility of insider-outsider collusion that can make possible the breach of even high security and the narrative sticks out like a wart on a bald head.

Who gets to benefit from this narrative? One is India, the other, Pakistan's ostensible ally, the United States. It helps of course to point out that neither — if it is accepted that either one or both are interested in making this stick through concrete action(s) — is employing an outside force to this end. In such a scenario, one or the other or both are using the fault-lines present within Pakistan's body politic. They are your men, the outside world will say. And, technically, the world would be right. But when states are locked in a conflictual paradigm, it helps to exploit the faultlines of one another. Hobbes continues to upstage Locke. That is the history of mankind from the Melian Dialogue on.

Pakistan's job is therefore cut out for it. It has to develop a better-coordinated counter-terrorism strategy; improve intelligence; revamp its forces; develop speedier response mechanisms and prepare a list of all those places that have been, can and will be targeted. This requires getting into the mind of the adversary. It is not enough to say that the forces finished off the terrorists. If they cannot be denied their mission, then they have won even as the group gets killed. This is the operational side.

On the political side, the state has to dominate the narrative which it has failed to do so far. Karachi should help clarify doubts in people's minds. That is the harder part. It is moot to ask if Pakistan is prepared for that.

The oldest question: who benefits? - Indian Express

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles