Indian diplomat arrested, handcuffed in US for visa fraud

ladder

Country flag
I suggest you read the website at least 20 times. In reading the Australian official statement/policy posted in its website you must always remember that they will not post contradictory statements. That statement cannot be read in isolation since it can have an absurd interpretation if taken separately. It must be read in conjunction with the preceding paragraph:

"Foreign domestic helpers" therefore refer to domestic helpers hired from third countries, neither from the sending state or the receiving state. Note that there is an accreditation requirement for domestic helpers from sending state before they can be given Australian (diplomatic or special privilege) visa. Once accredited they will be issued diplomatic passports through the Australian embassy in the sending state. "Foreign domestic helpers" cannot be accredited in the same manner for obvious reasons since the official diplomatic communication line is only two-way, from the sending state to the receiving state. And since "foreign domestic helpers" cannot be accredited as domestic helpers for officials of foreign diplomatic mission and consular officers stationed in the host country they cannot be issued diplomatic passports by the Australian Embassy in the sending state. That's why the statement you quoted declares that: "foreign domestic workers are not to be employees of the sending state and, therefore, must enter Australia on ordinary passports."

Get it? Dummy!
Excellent!

Then who issues visas, Dear?
The sending state?

About, the rest of the post, I would reply once I have stopped laughing.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Excellent!

Then who issues visas, Dear?
The sending state?
Of course the Australian embassy where the "foreign domestic helper" is a citizen of/where he or she is residing, Dear.

Just how do you suggest can the Indian Foreign Ministry issue a diplomatic passport to a domestic helper of one of its consuls in Melbourne when that domestic helper is a citizen/resident of Sri Lanka? And how can the Australian embassy in Delhi grant the visa application of the Sri Lankan maid applicant if she is not residing in India? Do you understand now the import of the statement you quoted?

About, the rest of the post, I would reply once I have stopped laughing.
Yeah, laugh at your own idiocy!

Last edited:

ladder

Country flag
Thank you for that substantive rebuttal. I'm so enlightened. :rolleyes:
That's because, I am not going to spoon feed a person who doesn't know that adviser to UN ( which incidentally Khobragade was) belong to the category of representative to UN and not UN official.
Both are different category.

So, a poster like you who quotes and posts about UN officials when discussing about UN adviser is qualified to get a one line response.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That's because, I am not going to spoon feed a person who doesn't know that adviser to UN ( which incidentally Khobragade was) belong to the category of representative to UN and not UN official.
UN advisers are entitled to full immunity from criminal jurisdiction. Even my dog knows this. But do understand the Khobragade was appointed only as Adviser to India's UN Mission on August 26, 2013. She committed visa fraud however on November 14, 2012 when she was not yet an Adviser to India's UN Mission. At the time she was only a consular official at India's New York Consulate thus entitled only to limited immunity for official acts.

In other words she has no full immunity at the time she committed the alleged crime and therefore she can be prosecuted for it.

ladder

Country flag
Of course the Australian embassy where the "foreign domestic helper" is a citizen of/where he or she is residing, Dear.

Just how do you suggest can the Indian Foreign Ministry issue a diplomatic passport to a domestic helper of one of its consuls in Melbourne when that domestic helper is a citizen/resident of Sri Lanka? And how can the Australian embassy in Delhi grant the visa application of the Sri Lankan maid applicant if she is not residing in India? Do you understand now the import of the statement you quoted?

Yeah, laugh at your own idiocy!
RE-QUOTING FOR YOU.

they cannot be issued diplomatic passports by the Australian Embassy in the sending state.
What does that even mean?

===============

That's for everyone to see who is an idiot here.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
RE-QUOTING FOR YOU.

What does that even mean?

===============

That's for everyone to see who is an idiot here.

That should be corrected as visa not passport, dear.

The mistake is obvious but which I did not see in time. In fact my succeeding post mentions of Australian visa instead of passport. Thank you anyway for pointing that out.

ladder

Country flag
UN advisers are entitled to full immunity from criminal jurisdiction. Even my dog knows this. But do understand the Khobragade was appointed only as Adviser to India's UN Mission on August 26, 2013. She committed visa fraud however on November 14, 2012 when she was not yet an Adviser to India's UN Mission. At the time she was only a consular official at India's New York Consulate thus entitled only to limited immunity for official acts.

In other words she has no full immunity at the time she committed the alleged crime and therefore she can be prosecuted for it.
If you knew that She was a adviser. Then, why did you post a lengthy quote about UN official and their accreditation process?

And no, you are wrong again.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
You cannot ffed unto others what you do not have my dear. You do not have any knowledge about these complex legal matters much less comprehend the materials I'm showing you.

So, a poster like you who quotes and posts about UN officials when discussing about UN adviser is qualified to get a one line response.
Better quote legal experts than parrot idiotic one-liners from corrupt and obviously know-nothing (about international law) Indian politicians and their Indian media stooges.

ladder

Country flag
That should be corrected as visa not passport, dear.

The mistake is obvious but which I did not see in time. In fact my succeeding post mentions of Australian visa instead of passport. Thank you anyway for pointing that out.
Thanks from my side also.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
If you knew that She was a adviser. Then, why did you post a lengthy quote about UN official and their accreditation process?

And no, you are wrong again.

What? Better read again what I posted. You're tiring me. If I'm a teacher and you're my student I would have complained already to your parents for your serious incapability to understand. You must be enrolled in a special class for mentally challenged children.

ladder

Country flag
You cannot ffed unto others what you do not have my dear. You do not have any knowledge about these complex legal matters much less comprehend the materials I'm showing you.

Better quote legal experts than parrot idiotic one-liners from corrupt and obviously know-nothing (about international law) Indian politicians and their Indian media stooges.
That's obvious. MR. Legal Luminary.

ladder

Country flag
What? Better read again what I posted. You're tiring me. If I'm a teacher and you're my student I would have complained already to your parents for your serious incapability to understand. You must be enrolled in a special class for mentally challenged children.
You are only good at teaching international law to your Dog.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
guys be civil in discussions and dont get carried away.

Both US and India have made mistakes, let them sorted it out. This issue will take lot of time. Lets wait and watch.

ladder

Country flag
@asianobserve,

Yes, the prior to above post is correct. The earlier posts of yours were simply wrong.
No this post of his is also not correct.

Take a look

http://www.un.int/protocol/documents/AccredAssignments.pdf

So, as @asianobserve said,

3. What is explained in your sources is that the Indian government did not notify the Americans of Khobragade's adviser status to the Indian Mission in the UN which under international law is required.
Is only partially correct.

The accreditation of UN representative is done by protocol officer of UN and permanent mission of USA to UN.

India has to only apply to UN.

In present case also, UN forwarded her credentials to US protocols department and not India.

As, this time the move was permanent, India informed USA about her moving out of Consul office.( mandatory)

I am yet to come across the rule to inform host country about the temporary move.

========================

"This was not unknown to the host government in terms of information flow...let's not blame the victim for the lack of information on the part of those who should have known and (who were) preparing about this (arrest) for a long time," said foreign ministry spokesperson Syed Akbaruddin, adding there are mechanisms in the UN to periodically inform the host country about those accredited to various categories in the UN General Assembly.
http://articles.economictimes.india...45764547_1_diplomat-immunity-indian-employees

===============

Last edited by a moderator:

happy

Diplomats who commit domestic-worker crimes shouldn't get a free pass - The Washington Post

Americans have proved to be the worlds best self righteous hypocrites. While hounding this case and highlighting other similar cases, they have simply sidelined their own escapades. Since Mauritius is a tiny country they made it revoke diplomatic immunity also to prosecute their diplomat in a similar case. But when davies killed two people they simply say he has diplomatic immunity. Why didn't they revoke his immunity when he committed such a grave crime even when compared to underpaid maids. Such BS @@stards. @asianobserve doesn't appear to be any better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles