Indian diplomat arrested, handcuffed in US for visa fraud

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
I am not sure there is any means to record of the individual scan reports at the airports for check in luggages...

If we ask for any proof of security clearence from US they will definitly come back and say all is cleared implying that those bullets were delibaretly put into his bagage... unless the policeman as accepted those belong to him only...
Saya was sarcastic. as the US could not provide such evidence that the bullets were carried over from US by 'Mistake' and also cannot be loud about the 'mistake' since that would highlight the lapse of security at their end, the argument that the cop has mistakenly brought the rounds doesn't have strong footing.

pmaitra

The arrested NYPD cop's name is Encarnacion, which sounds very much like incarceration.

It is good that CISF is making sure no one carries any contraband item into India. Especially after the mercenary sniper massacre in Kiev, every flight originating in US and EU must be thoroughly checked for armed thugs trying to sneak into India.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
The arrested NYPD cop's name is Encarnacion, which sounds very much like incarceration.

It is good that CISF is making sure no one carries any contraband item into India. Especially after the mercenary sniper massacre in Kiev, every flight originating in US and EU must be thoroughly checked for armed thugs trying to sneak into India.
Just a quick question.
All they have to do is to make it a diplomatic parcel or say that it is for the marines guarding the embassy and then take it to their embassy or whatever and then distribute it to possible kiev snipers, right?
Or am I wrong ?

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag
Just a quick question.
All they have to do is to make it a diplomatic parcel or say that it is for the marines guarding the embassy and then take it to their embassy or whatever and then distribute it to possible kiev snipers, right?
Or am I wrong ?
Much easier and clean is to just buy from local underground through Right Wing members who already has the connection.

Anyway lets not contaminate this thread with ukrain issue.

pmaitra

Just a quick question.
Or am I wrong ?
I will have to ask @sayareakd on that.

Or, give John McCain a visa, and he will go and hang out with the Naxalites, or the Hijbul-Mujahideen, and get the guns the US Embassy might require. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
What i am saying if he brought the bullets from US, be must have cleared the airport checking in US, what i am asking about proof of his baggage scan at US airport. I am not saying that he should be let go. I am saying for investigation proof can be asked from US.

If you can show that US lax in their airport security, what it shows of US ?
For any non US person, it is really scary to go through the checks at US airports during checking in, when a black, a Pilipino or a tall US guy takes you to a cabin and asks you " you do not if I put my hands up there ?"..... one just shivers !!

It would be difficult to believe that three bullets went undetected in the booked luggage....

When the US guys come to India for military training, the GOI provides them ammunition for training and their weapons come packed. Even soldiers can not bring in loose ammunition. Even if they were allowed they have to account for every thing spent in India and balance being taken back...

One bullet means minimum one life --- that life could be of any !!

This, however, should not be linked to that Khobragade episode who should be dismissed from Service straight away...

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Just a quick question.
Or am I wrong ?
Oh ! There are thousands of ways....

remember the Purulia drops !!

We have land border with Pakistan, Bangladesh and Myanmar as also a vast sea coast...

US Special Operations Center, Pacific Command (SOCPAC) and The Special Operations Command Central (SOCCENT) operating in Afghanistan must be having their caches of deadly Arms and ammunition all over specially in Pakistan, Maldives, Bengladesh, may be Nepal etc

What is your guess on number of US citizen in India at any given time ?? say students, tourists, professionals, transients ??

In 2002, one widely cited estimate stated that 60,000 Americans lived in India.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Saya was sarcastic. as the US could not provide such evidence that the bullets were carried over from US by 'Mistake' and also cannot be loud about the 'mistake' since that would highlight the lapse of security at their end, the argument that the cop has mistakenly brought the rounds doesn't have strong footing.
exactly it will make them look stupid...........funny part they are doing it and blaming on us.............:rofl:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
For any non US person, it is really scary to go through the checks at US airports during checking in, when a black, a Pilipino or a tall US guy takes you to a cabin and asks you " you do not if I put my hands up there ?"..... one just shivers !!

It would be difficult to believe that three bullets went undetected in the booked luggage....

When the US guys come to India for military training, the GOI provides them ammunition for training and their weapons come packed. Even soldiers can not bring in loose ammunition. Even if they were allowed they have to account for every thing spent in India and balance being taken back...

One bullet means minimum one life --- that life could be of any !!

This, however, should not be linked to that Khobragade episode who should be dismissed from Service straight away..
about bold part they need reason to cry............:laugh:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Just a quick question.
Or am I wrong ?
I will have to ask @sayareakd on that.

Or, give John McCain a visa, and he will go and hang out with the Naxalites, or the Hijbul-Mujahideen, and get the guns the US Embassy might require. :lol:
spy agencies and other usually bring such things in diplomatic parcel.

I have tried to get the statement made by him in his bail but could not find the court order for 11 March 2014 or 12 march 2014 of Patalia House court, which has Jurisdiction in the matter.

One most important thing which i must point out, they are crying loud that we have taken revenge, now just look at facts.

1. He is the one who has taken three ammo into India (not us)
2. He admitted it was his.
3. He was arrested at Airport (as any one would have been)
4. He was granted bail on the same day of arrest (this is not ordinary been done). Lets say any other person would have been in his place, police would have taken him on remand to know why he got those bullets. But he was not even send to remand or judicial custody. May be Judge too have accepted his contention and granted him bail, but in arms act which is not like other criminal act, (where intention and the physical act is required) only physical act is necessary in arms act cases, which is very strong law. So we have actually given him special treatment and they are crying foul, he was release on the same day, but as the case is pending he is not allowed to leave the country till the case is decided.

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
4. He was granted bail on the same day of arrest (this is not ordinary been done). Lets say any other person would have been in his place, police would have taken him on remand to know why he got those bullets. But he was not even send to remand or judicial custody. May be Judge too have accepted his contention and granted him bail, but in arms act which is not like other criminal act, (where intention and the physical act is required) only physical act is necessary in arms act cases, which is very strong law. So we have actually given him special treatment and they are crying foul, he was release on the same day, but as the case is pending he is not allowed to leave the country till the case is decided.
They'll cry foul because it helps them get leverage over us.
It is our fault that we granted him bail. :tsk:

Soumya1989

CBI may file charge sheet against Devyani Khobragade in Adarsh scam

CBI is likely to file charge sheet against diplomat Devyani Khobragade and her father Uttam Khobragade in the Adarsh Housing scam for allegedly acquiring a flat on the basis of false affidavit.

Sources said the agency has got evidence which show that the flat was allegedly purchased by her using false declaration and by hiding information about the flat alloted to her under government quota and the land possessed by them.

Her father Uttam Khobragade, a Maharashtra cadre IAS officer, is a former CEO of Maharashtra Housing and Area Development Authority (MHADA).

As part of its investigation, CBI is probing alleged illegal beneficiaries and benami property holders in the housing scam.

Controversial diplomat Devyani, India's then deputy consul general in New York, was arrested by the United States authorities in December last year over alleged visa fraud which triggered a diplomatic row between the two countries.

She was transferred back and is now posted in India.

Under the CBI scanner are nearly 25 alleged illegal beneficiaries who were allotted flats in the Adarsh Housing Society which was said to be constructed in violation of norms.

Retired High Court Judge J A Patil's report on the alleged scam has opened a can of worms bringing out alleged irregularities in the allotment.

The agency sources said they have got documents showing that Devyani had allegedly been allotted a flat in another government housing society in Oshiwara in 2005.

The sources said according to the rules of Defence Estate, members cannot get flats in two housing societies which get land on concessional rates.

Patil report had termed 25 out of 102 members of the housing society as ineligible.

Meanwhile, Uttam Khobragade refuted CBI's charge saying Devyani was not responsible for making the declaration and it was done by him.

"I had made the declaration and not Devyani. She was not even aware of what I said in the declaration. So how can Devyani be responsible for any wrongdoing?" he said.

"The declaration where I have said that Devyani is not an owner of any flat in Mumbai is dated July 29, 2004 and at that time Devyani did not own any flat in Mumbai. So, there was no falsehood in the declaration," Khobragade said, adding the possession of a flat in Meera Co-operative Housing Society
was given to them only in May 2005.

He said when Devyani had applied for a flat in Adarsh,the Society was told categorically that she was just a member of Meera Housing Society and not a flat-owner and that she would resign from the Society when allotted a flat in Adarsh.

Khobragade said the flat in Meera Society was sold as soon as Adarsh accepted Devyani's membership and the proceeds were used to pay for the apartment in Adarsh.

https://indianexpress.com/article/i...et-against-devyani-khobragade-in-adarsh-scam/

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
They'll cry foul because it helps them get leverage over us.
It is our fault that we granted him bail. :tsk:
I think in all Judge did ok, it is US who want to cry foul, and as you rightly said want leverage to put pressure on us.

US also knows that India has acted in best possible way keeping in view he was from law enforcement agency, but again what is most important is why he managed to get pass US airport security or he is lying. It is for Investigating officer of Police to investigate the same.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
about bold part they need reason to cry............:laugh:
A corrupt Foreign Service Officer who owns / got allotted a flat in Adaesha in Mumbay being not eligible and by dubious means will sell the country's interests also...... Greed is Greed and ethics and integrity are non violable for an officer of that responsibility.. if one is not dedicated to one society at home how can one be devoted to her country in foreign lands ...

Was there any dearth of a house for her in Mumbay with a very corrupt father with deep pockets in operation that she needed to scrounge on a flat meant for a matryer of Kargil.. just see the list of her properties in Mumbay. What on earth was motivation to "Maro" a flat meant for a widow of a martyr ??

Now, do not tell me others are also guilty of that including three stupid and corrupt services generals and many bloody ministers and IAS bureaucrats .. that would not absolve her of the moral responsibility, collectively or individually.

She is a Foreign Service Officer and we should not accept officers of such low moral standards in our Foreign Service.. before selections, all these all India services officer must undergo a psychological and moral aptitude tests. they got to set an example or they do not deserve to be there..

Abd unless we demand it from them they will not deliver..

Get them the best the country can afford ( but not Adarash Flat) and extract the pound of their flesh.. all ways.. after all they are leaders.

The higher the post, the higher the perks, the higher the responsibility and the higher the punishment..

Those are the canons of justice .. if I may inform you... but it does not happen in India. Khora Brigade carries on. Alas ! shamelessly...

Last edited:

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
@Saumya1989
Saumya Singapour..

That is a bad news... as CBI is meant to kill cases rather than secure convictions... their track record is abysmal ..

people such as Khobragade should be shot dead by the CBI under a fake encounter.. or she should be handed over a loaded pistol by the Foreign Secretary across a table to shoot herself in the name of protecting the honour of a service such as Foreign Service..

But it not only her being so corrupt.. she will go to SC Commission, SC politicians,, SC Service officers and allege discrimination... she will that not she but Ambedkar is being murdered..

What a sorry state..

Compersion

Country flag

happy

A corrupt Foreign Service Officer who owns / got allotted a flat in Adaesha in Mumbay being not eligible and by dubious means will sell the country's interests also...... Greed is Greed and ethics and integrity are non violable for an officer of that responsibility.. if one is not dedicated to one society at home how can one be devoted to her country in foreign lands ...

Was there any dearth of a house for her in Mumbay with a very corrupt father with deep pockets in operation that she needed to scrounge on a flat meant for a matryer of Kargil.. just see the list of her properties in Mumbay. What on earth was motivation to "Maro" a flat meant for a widow of a martyr ??

Now, do not tell me others are also guilty of that including three stupid and corrupt services generals and many bloody ministers and IAS bureaucrats .. that would not absolve her of the moral responsibility, collectively or individually.

She is a Foreign Service Officer and we should not accept officers of such low moral standards in our Foreign Service.. before selections, all these all India services officer must undergo a psychological and moral aptitude tests. they got to set an example or they do not deserve to be there..

Get them the best the country can afford ( but not Adarash Flat) and extract the pound of their flesh.. all ways.. after all they are leaders.

The higher the post, the higher the perks, the higher the responsibility and the higher the punishment..

Those are the canons of justice .. if I may inform you... but it does not happen in India. Khora Brigade carries on. Alas ! shamelessly...
Adarsh Housing Society scam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Following the Court's criticism, the CBI carried out eight arrests including two retired Major Generals TK Kaul and AR Kumar, retired brigadier MM Wanchoo, former General Officer Commanding(GOC) of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Goa, Adarsh promoter Kanhaiyalal Gidwani and Pradeep Vyas, the then city collector and currently, finance secretary (expenditure) in the Govt. of Maharashtra. Accordingly on 22 March 2012, the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Prithviraj Chavan announced in the legislative assembly that the two IAS officers whose names have figured in the scam, Pradeep Vyas and Jairaj Phatak have been suspended from government service.[26][27]

happy

Adarsh Housing Society scam - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Following the Court's criticism, the CBI carried out eight arrests including two retired Major Generals TK Kaul and AR Kumar, retired brigadier MM Wanchoo, former General Officer Commanding(GOC) of Maharashtra, Gujarat and Goa, Adarsh promoter Kanhaiyalal Gidwani and Pradeep Vyas, the then city collector and currently, finance secretary (expenditure) in the Govt. of Maharashtra. Accordingly on 22 March 2012, the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Prithviraj Chavan announced in the legislative assembly that the two IAS officers whose names have figured in the scam, Pradeep Vyas and Jairaj Phatak have been suspended from government service.[26][27]

happy

@happy

What are you trying to say...
I am saying that not only DK, there are many others who are involved in the Adarsh Scam. What is the purpose of throwing dust at her when all the actual culprits are still roaming scott free ??

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles