Indian diplomat arrested, handcuffed in US for visa fraud

ladder

Country flag
Now I see, the US official might have wanted the situation to be resolved as the incident below.

American detained at Pakistan airport for carrying bullets
The American was set to fly from Peshawar to Islamabad when he was detained. He was questioned before being handed over to officials of the US consulate, police officials said.
Official sources said the detained American was a US embassy employee on temporary assignment to Peshawar and had diplomatic status.
Richard Hoagland, charge d'affairs at the US embassy, said in a message posted on Twitter: "Person in Peshawar released to US custody. Thanks to good Pakistani partners for a sane resolution."

http://www.rediff.com/news/report/a...tan-airport-for-carrying-bullets/20120214.htm
==========================

But, I don't think NYPD officer would have an diplomatic status but, not a far fetched idea if US security contractor had it.
Still diplomat or no diplomat, immunity is not available for personal travel.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Carrying ammo means case under arms act. He should follow Indian law when in India.
Arms Act is very tough mere possession of ammo is offense. Hope USA will get taste of our criminal law now.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Now I see, the US official might have wanted the situation to be resolved as the incident below.

American detained at Pakistan airport for carrying bullets - Rediff.com India News
==========================

But, I don't think NYPD officer would have an diplomatic status but, not a far fetched idea if US security contractor had it.
Still diplomat or no diplomat, immunity is not available for personal travel.
He is not diplomat. Now let the take its own course. When send to remand police will follow rule book. Plus he will get detail medical examination.

ladder

Country flag
He is not diplomat. Now let the take its own course. When send to remand police will follow rule book. Plus he will get detail medical examination.
I never said he is. I merely stated USA might have wanted India to accord him immunity of one. Like Pakistan accorded David Headly one post incident. Also like the case above ( in the post which you quoted) it very well could have been a case of post incident issuance of immunity.

Other than the above explanation, I find no reason why would US lawmaker be upset about and cry 'revenge' over a person arrested for carrying live ammunition in airport.

What I also stated, even if US law makers want us to afford him immunity, that cannot be the case because he was on a private visit.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I never said he is. I merely stated USA might have wanted India to accord him immunity of one. Like Pakistan accorded David Headly one post incident. Also like the case above ( in the post which you quoted) it very well could have been a case of post incident issuance of immunity.

Other than the above explanation, I find no reason why would US lawmaker be upset about and cry 'revenge' over a person arrested for carrying live ammunition in airport.

What I also stated, even if US law makers want us to afford him immunity, that cannot be the case because he was on a private visit.
Just imagine reverse had happen, US would have stone wall us. We too should show then rule book and ask them to wait for law to take its course.

ladder

Country flag
Just imagine reverse had happen, US would have stone wall us. We too should show then rule book and ask them to wait for law to take its course.
Believe me, if the reports about Nancy Powell not able to secure appointments are true, the bureaucracy is so much pissed off so to not reply back the mail from US embassy requesting fast tracking of the case.

Also, the police officer is a individual, and on whom revenge mustn't be taken. But, rule of law should be upheld. Going by a similar case in Bhubaneswar, the case was dismissed but the delay was about 4 months.

Till then he should be advised to enjoy his holiday with his wife in India. Though self-victimization by linking his case with DK will boomerang on him.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I think Indian CISF should be patted in back for making sure that no one with bullets or weapons get pass their security and it is slap on the US airport security as they allowed someone to get pass with live bullets...............:tsk:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Mayor de Blasio said he is "troubled" by Encarnacion's arrest and wants to make sure he 'a not being treated unfairly.

The police commissioner's also concerned.

"We're staying very engaged with that issue in Indiana, Chief Bill Bratton said. "We are certainly concerned for that officer and his wife who is with him at this time."

The NYPD also reportedly told the judge in India that Encarnacion had been to a firing range for his firearms recertification just two days before the trip.

"This is serious for this officer," King said. "He's a former Marine and he shouldn't be treated this way.

Read more: NYPD officer held in India as ‘obvious payback’: Rep. Peter King | PIX 11

fully they have treated our doctor diplomat with rule book and they expect us not to follow the same............:rofl:

ladder

Country flag

Sir, we should ask the question, why didn't major news houses didn't even report or cover the arrest of a engineer from USA in Bhubaneswar in Sep last year. And why didn't the two law maker urge Kerry to intervene then?

So, can we conclude that US society is utterly divided between bureaucracy/ administration and private person and the former is hugely preferred. This shows a highly divided society. And egalitarian society is a mirage in USA.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Sir, we should ask the question, why didn't major news houses didn't even report or cover the arrest of a engineer from USA in Bhubaneswar in Sep last year. And why didn't the two law maker urge Kerry to intervene then?

So, can we conclude that US society is utterly divided between bureaucracy/ administration and private person and the former is hugely preferred. This shows a highly divided society. And egalitarian society is a mirage in USA.
it is all about news making, look at him, police officer who is ex marine, went to holidays and got arrested in revenge why because he cant manage to get pass with bullets.

If we had to take revenge we would have stop some sexy diplomat, arrest her on xyz charges and then run to whole circus.

engineer had no luck because they are not worth the time and energy.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Here is another one, this too going by the NY news source might also be a revenge, isn't it?

Indian police arrest Filipino woman for illegally carrying ammunition | Headlines, News, The Philippine Star | philstar.com

========================

This too might qualify as revenge.

Read more: Canadian pilot arrested in India after shell found in bag | CTV News
===============================

And this too.....................

Staying Safe Abroad: India: American Arrested with Live Ammunition Reminds Travelers to "Sanitize" Carry-on Luggage

========================

Probably she too was at the receiving end of some revenge arrest.

Mississauga grandmother arrested for arms smuggling in India | Toronto Star

=========================

May be the CEO too, was a victim of institutional hate crime

St. Jude CEO Arrested In India For Carrying Ammo « CBS Minnesota[/QUOTE]

yeah anyone with bullets would have been arrested in Indian airports. CISF is very strict and rightly so.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

Good question.

However, I thimk ONGC pulled major strings to get the case dropped against the engineer. The HC should not have 'Dropped' the case, as not carrying a firearms, only bullet, does not mean that the persons has not violated the law. A censure should have been there. Further, who guarantees that next time 3-4 people would not carry disassembled parts of a gun separately when one carries the bullet, in the flight? The HC should be careful before settling a precedent.

ladder

Country flag
it is all about news making, look at him, police officer who is ex marine, went to holidays and got arrested in revenge why because he cant manage to get pass with bullets.

If we had to take revenge we would have stop some sexy diplomat, arrest her on xyz charges and then run to whole circus.

engineer had no luck because they are not worth the time and energy.
He was arrested on March 12th, but news portals picked up this news only when his friend came out with a statement that a police/custom official at IGI who allegedly says ' you love to strip search our diplomats'. That statement was effective and created the storm. Rather than credentials of the NYPD officer.
Had his credentials important, news portals would have carried the news on 13/14 march.

Who knows CISF/Custom official wouldn't have uttered a single word but the NYPD officers friend is just making it up to make him a victim, so that the US administration comes into picture and creates pressure on Indians.

And it seems, he is successful in his efforts.

But, what he has discounted is Indian IFS is so pissed off that this victim hood and linking his case with DK would just boomerang on him/ his friend (NYPD officer)

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
I think GOI should ask the US to show the proof that when the policeman left for India from US he was having the bullets with him. That way we can make look US stupid............:rofl:

bose

Country flag
I think GOI should ask the US to show the proof that when the policeman left for India from US he was having the bullets with him. That way we can make look US stupid............:rofl:
Sir, I do not undertood your post... Why should Indian government approach US for the proof... If that guy who himself is a policeman from an law enforcement agency has broken the law then let him face the punishment...

If the US believes this was done as a revenge so be it...

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Sir, I do not undertood your post... Why should Indian government approach US for the proof... If that guy who hinself is a policeman from an law enforcement agency has broken the law then let him face the punishment...

If the US believes this was done as a revenge so be it...
What i am saying if he brought the bullets from US, be must have cleared the airport checking in US, what i am asking about proof of his baggage scan at US airport. I am not saying that he should be let go. I am saying for investigation proof can be asked from US.

If you can show that US lax in their airport security, what it shows of US ?

ladder

Country flag
What i am saying if he brought the bullets from US, be must have cleared the airport checking in US, what i am asking about proof of his baggage scan at US airport. I am not saying that he should be let go. I am saying for investigation proof can be asked from US.

DGCA should downgrade US airports and carriers over lack of security at their airports.

bose

Country flag

I am not sure there is any means to record of the individual scan reports at the airports for check in luggages...

If we ask for any proof of security clearence from US they will definitly come back and say all is cleared implying that those bullets were delibaretly put into his bagage... unless the policeman as accepted those belong to him only...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles