Indian Defense Acquisitions - Co- Developments and Production

johnee

Yeah, like a full on combat gas-mask. But that they will carry if they're preparing for tear-gas. This weapon is aimed at the majority of under-equipped, often ill-trained terrorists who carry cheap AK's and crude explosives.
Tarun, there are crude methods to minimise the effect of tear gas as well. In 26/11, the handler was advising the terrorist bastards on in hotel rooms to fight the effects of tear gas by dipping a towel into a bucket of water and then swinging it in the air.

Anyway, why give away our tactics beforehand, let there be an element of surprise, no?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Tarun, there are crude methods to minimise the effect of tear gas as well. In 26/11, the handler was advising the terrorist bastards on in hotel rooms to fight the effects of tear gas by dipping a towel into a bucket of water and then swinging it in the air.

Anyway, why give away our tactics beforehand, let there be an element of surprise, no?
Which is why they're using something as extreme as that chilli. You can use a damp towel to breathe, but that won't protect your eyes (even in the case of tear gas). A blind terrorist is a dead one.

johnee

Tarun, the point is that they could(an 0.000001% probability perhaps) develop some crude method to minimise its effect by this prior knowledge. Why give them even that chance? Further, why take our 'shock and awe' element? I am against these revelations only.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Tarun, the point is that they could(an 0.000001% probability perhaps) develop some crude method to minimise its effect by this prior knowledge. Why give them even that chance? Further, why take our 'shock and awe' element? I am against these revelations only.
They already know India has and uses tear gas. Hence they prepare for it. If they carry combat gas masks, that's enough preparation for these chilli bombs. This non-lethal weapon is targeted at those who don't carry combat gas masks around. Chilli bombs isn't any much more of a shock and awe than tear gas. Only a lot more effective.

There's a 0.000001% probability of everything. Including a discovery that we're not alone in the universe, and my cat starting to talk to me. Oh the surrealism :)

Last edited:
Country flag
India probes sabotage behind huge arms depot fire

http://www.moneycontrol.com/news/cu...otage-behind-huge-arms-depot-fire_448710.html

India probes sabotage behind huge arms depot fire

A huge fire destroyed about 200 tonnes of arms and ammunition in one of India's biggest army depots early on Friday, triggering an investigation into possible sabotage, defence officials said.

The fire broke out at the army's Panagarh depot in West Bengal and officials said they were surprised how such a blaze could have broken out in a high security zone.

"We are exploring all possible angles," an army official said. The store has been completely gutted, Mahesh Upasani, a defence spokesman said.

India remains jittery about the threat of militant attacks. A blast in Pune killed 17 people last month, the first major militant strike since the 2008 Mumbai attacks.

Country flag
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB100...5145341180407762.html?mod=WSJ_latestheadlines

Fire at Indian Army Munition Depot

Kolkata: An official says a fire at one of the Indian army's largest arsenals has triggered a series of explosions but caused no injuries.

Military spokesman Mahesh Upasani says army firefighters took almost three hours to extinguish the blaze. He says the cause of Friday's fire is being investigated.

The explosions at Panagarh army base, about 75 miles west of Kolkata, caused panic in nearby villages, sending people running from their homes.

The extent of the damage was not immediately known.

The Press Trust of India news agency says the fire gutted a storehouse containing large quantities of small arms and ammunition.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Wow! What the motherf^ckin'' f^ck!

200 tonnes of arms & ammunition down the drain.

Paanagarh is one of the Army's largest arms depots. How do you have such a goddamn blaze break out in such a high security zone?

If it was sabotage, it was likely one of their own.

Hang the motherf^ker by the balls!

Country flag
This and the heavy machine gun news is revealing too many holes in Indian military planning and security

Rage

DFI TEAM

This video says the fire broke out in Warehouse # 6 at 1:40 AM, but was quelled by the Army's 'Crisis Management team' that arrived on site in the first five minutes and dispatched the fire by about 3:30 AM. The go-down apparently only contained small arms & ammunition, so the loss was not as severe. 20 villages neighbouring the storage facility were vacated, the cause of the disastrous event has not yet been ascertained, but is being viewed as a major security foul up with repercussions across the country because of the precedence of this arms depot.

Last edited by a moderator:

S.A.T.A

India in general and east coast in particular are under one of the worst spell of heat this summer,so it wont be surprising if the unusually high temperature caused this flare up.Sabotage cant be ruled out but its extremely difficult given the high security surrounding the area.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Bwahahaha! Look what I found!

Last edited by a moderator:

plugwater

J&K: 12 militants killed in encounters

The Indian Army has killed twelve militants in three separate encounters on Saturday.

Two militants have been killed in Kalakote and two in the Rajouri district.

Eight militants have been killed in fierce gun battles with police and security forces in Keran in the Kupwara district of Jammu and Kashmir, police officials said.

This brings an end to a major operation that has been on for the last 3 days.

Kashmir is on a terror alert, after the Jammu and Kashmir police were told that a series of attacks were planned for the summer.

http://www.ndtv.com/news/india/jk-encounter-on-between-security-forces-militants-18511.php

gogbot

Dude having seen those video's , i can only live in fear of its Bio-weapon variant.

I hope they don't use these on crowds.
This thing seems to practically incapacitate people into submission.

Solid Beast

That's amazing people eat the Bhut Jolokia to fight the heat according to what I read on page 1...really? That takes some courage and skill. I can take lots of heat but I stop at Habanero. Don't think I can go up 3 times more on the scoville.

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
well march is the time when snow started melting and these summer months is the time when infiltration remains at peak.

gogbot

Government is doing stupidity by reducing the troops there; Everyone knows what happened when troops reduction happens.
Indians in Kashmir need to return to normal lives.

they cant do so under Martial Law. and high troop levels.

We should try to maintain as a low a presence as possible, especially now that most infiltration bids are stopped at the borders them selves .

Agantrope

Indians in Kashmir need to return to normal lives.

they cant do so under Martial Law. and high troop levels.

We should try to maintain as a low a presence as possible, especially now that most infiltration bids are stopped at the borders them selves .
Else we need to follow the chinese style of migrating the people from other parts of the country to there. But again that was willing prevented by the Congress to secure the vote bank.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles