Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
can anyone tell me the exact composition of an indian army company regarding what and how many weapons they carry.also i think that ia should make pkm as the squad level mmg and make 12.7mm dushka or browning as athe company level weapon.

ALBY

Section Moderator
Mod
Country flag
can anyone tell me the exact composition of an indian army company regarding what and how many weapons they carry.also i think that ia should make pkm as the squad level mmg and make 12.7mm dushka or browning as athe company level weapon.
A typical infantry unit consist of approximately 123 men with 6 LMGs,2 for each platoon and a carl gustav and a druganov for each for all the plaoons plus 2inch mortars.There will be also multiple grenade launchers .As indian infantry is mainly fighting extremists in rugged terrain, HMGs will not be practical coz they are heavy to carry.In conventional battlefields HMGs are an option which our army is yet to utilise.instead of HMGs we are making use of FNMAGs in tripood.

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
but i read in the article that indian army had issued rfi for 12.7caliber machine gun.i think israeli and western armies already use 12.7 cal as supressive fire weapon even at platoon level.not sure about russian and pla.the american do use 12.7mm on vehicles in iraq and afghanistan so we should use them too.also i have a related question-the ofb website says that it produces a 12.7mm gun for anti-aircraft role in tanks.why can't that gun be used as infantry weapon and mass produced for our army.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
but i read in the article that indian army had issued rfi for 12.7caliber machine gun.i think israeli and western armies already use 12.7 cal as supressive fire weapon even at platoon level.not sure about russian and pla.the american do use 12.7mm on vehicles in iraq and afghanistan so we should use them too.also i have a related question-the ofb website says that it produces a 12.7mm gun for anti-aircraft role in tanks.why can't that gun be used as infantry weapon and mass produced for our army.
Because we dont have any concept, the concept and ideology planted by Brits, Ironical today brits use all those things which they though useless in post ww2..

Today you see PKM in RR coz its needed, But wonder why IA regulars still use mag fitted LMGs ?

Coz as per concept its lighter when we fire on move or charging enemy, But the concept was not good during Kargil where we felt need for a suppressive fire we need a Belt feed LMG, Once the war was over every thing was forgotten, Every time i see PKM in RR hands i feel happy..

Regarding HMG, Its good for Vehicle mounted and over heights, Its powerful can breach anything within 500m and can kill a human at 1500m, While IA regulars need a MG which can have a MAG also Belt feeding..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I'd like to know where these pictures were taken. Why are the faces hidden ?
Really nice thread
It was took in j&k & their identity is hidden coz they belong to RR..

what is the soldier carrying...??
These soilder is carrying a set of 84mm HE441 shell for Carl Gustaf RL..

More Info Here: 84mm TPT - 65

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
the carl gustav is very old.i think it should be repalced by at-4cs or rpg-29 both of which can be mass produced.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
the carl gustav is very old.i think it should be repalced by at-4cs or rpg-29 both of which can be mass produced.
Nothing is old, AT-4 or RPG-29 cannot do the task Carl Gustaf can do, I.e:

1. It can fire smoke
2. It can fire Illumination rounds
3. It can fire Heat Rounds for Anti-tank
4. It can fire HE frag in CT operations

Where Any-other Man Portable RL cannot preform such task with gr8 accuracy as Carl Gustaf 84MM..

Btw, We use Shippon Light Rocket Launcher in SF same as AT-4 and instead of RPG-29 we will be using Javellin ATGM...

guys which one should india induct-browning 50 cal or dushka?
Dushka is no longer manufactured in Russia, RFI is issued..

Contenders are from Singapore, US, Russia and others..

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Note 5.53MINs of the first vid, Guy is using MAR Reflex from Unit probably and the rail from his own pocket, A fine Example, Other should follow the same rather complain..

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Last edited by a moderator:

arya

Country flag
nice to see videos but one question how will our force will fight while we dont have sufficient artillery guns

guys better we should see the reality and fact is that reality is very dark

how will we fight with videos

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Lets see Sir, We are getting ecotech also mars in RR & SF units, The guy is a role model for all..
that is true sir, but simple question, why the hell soldier pay from his own pocket to get decent optics in first place, it has to be duty of GOI to provide its soldier the best, after all soldier puts his life for his country.

Few simple modifications to INSAS and AK can do world of good for our soldiers.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
that is true sir, but simple question, why the hell soldier pay from his own pocket to get decent optics in first place, it has to be duty of GOI to provide its soldier the best, after all soldier puts his life for his country.

Few simple modifications to INSAS and AK can do world of good for our soldiers.
Sir, I think now we cannot relay for everything from gov, Its time we start to get things together for our needs..

I found some good info on TAR-21 rail and iron sights..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles