Indian Counter Terror Operations Pictures & Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anikastha

DEEP STATE
Country flag
That's ok. He was buying a ticket to hell but got caught instead! :biggrin2:
Yes , IA commander was not impressed when he heard this chap was buying ticket for his jannat while Rashtriya Rifles were providing for free. CO even expressed his concern that Indian Railways is tricking poor jihadists into buying tickets for jannat. He demanded all media persons to spread this awareness that IA is committed for service with world class treatment and best equipment.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
I didn't understand this part. Please explain.
In the early 90s when militancy was at its peak, many J&K police personnel were working as informers and supporters of terrorists especially punks like Yasin Malik of the JKLF who was then fighting an armed insurgency, as well as groups like the Harkat-ul-Mujahideen, HM, Muslim Janbaz Force, Al Badr etc. It was extremely difficult to tell who was with you and who was not.

Thus handing over captured terrorists was a bad idea as they would be let off by their sympathizers in the police force. But not anymore. There has been a sea-change since then. The J&K police are acquitting themselves well and doing a fine job now. You can't even begin to imagine how it was then.

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
#Visuals from J&K's Handwara: Army busted terrorist hideout & seized huge cache of explosives, arms & ammunition including anti aircraft gun

Where's the so called anti aircraft gun? All I see is a Chinese Type 56 Light Machine Gun.

By the way, all LMGs and GPMGs can be used in the anti aircraft role too by fixing them on a tripod like this....

However, this 2nd WW concept is not in use anymore.

aliyah

so this can shoot flying airplane?? with small bullets ??
thank God they haven't put 9mm pistol on tripod....that can easily shot satellites :)

Flame Thrower

so this can shoot flying airplane?? with small bullets ??
thank God they haven't put 9mm pistol on tripod....that can easily shot satellites :)
Very funny....

If you have known the ground attack tactics of WW2, you wouldn't have made funny comments.

The gun might not sound effective, but it is definitely something better than nothing.

aliyah

Very funny....

If you have known the ground attack tactics of WW2, you wouldn't have made funny comments.

The gun might not sound effective, but it is definitely something better than nothing.
that was on lighter note.....nothing serious

aditya g

Country flag
Mate this method is the most effective one fir shooting doen slow moving targets, last year a a Pak Falco was shot down opposite poonch sector using a LMG IN AA role.
Thanks for the titbit. Do you have any more information on this such as dates and sector?

Johny_Baba

अज्ञानी
Country flag
Being honest here, I am quite a noob when it comes to identifying handheld weapons, especially AK's variants & its foreign as well as modified clones.
It's ok,Noor bhai,take it easy.

Even i didn't know that the pic given by ANI had a bulgarian Kalashnikov variant unless i read it bout here from you.Then i just googled "AR-41" and very first pic i got was this.

This is Arsenal AR-M1F14 assault rifle from Bulgaria,and it is the same rifle that was surrendered.

All the features shown in the pic above are present in former pic as well,for example,Eastern Bloc Accessory Rail on left side,Metallic folding buttstock,Black furniture,90° angled gas block and most importantly,Notice the Galil-style fire selector.The same feature is also present on the surrendered rifle albeit hardly visible,so that weapon has to be AR-M1F41 or simply AR-41 assault rifle.

This is my way of learning new things,one just has to be curious enough.:)
Source Link:
- http://www.arsenal-bg.com/c/556x45-...-barrel-length-415-mm-44/762x39mm-ar-m1f41-51

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles