Indian Ballistic Missile Defense System

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
It's not about being much devastated or lower, any nuke detonation will spread huge radioactivity... Plus high altitude detonation.... EMP ....that's what I can say .... @Kshithij ,not much concept I have
What you do say @sayareakd sir?
If outside atmosphere not much except radiation might come to some degree.
Early Soviet design had such SAMs with nukes to take out enemy missiles or swams of enemy nuke bombers. But it was withdrawn later on.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
ABM-1 yes they had....but isn't that much dangerous? H2K should be much better option today, what do you say?

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Pig porkis are already sqealing
https://www.radio.gov.pk/29-12-2017...dia-test-fires-supersonic-interceptor-missile
Paki Rundi Rona is,
(BMD) shield, which has been long in the making by testing a supersonic interceptor missile to destroy an incoming ballistic missile over the Bay of Bengal.

In the past, Pakistan has expressed serious concern many times over building and development of inter-continental ballistic missiles by India. "Indian measures would disturb strategic balance in the region."
They obviously knew there chini carbon copies won't fly to high once BMD system become operational. Time to think of new strategy of threatening and pretending to scare the world with something relevant.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
Pig porkis are already sqealing
https://www.radio.gov.pk/29-12-2017...dia-test-fires-supersonic-interceptor-missile
Paki Rundi Rona is,

They obviously knew there chini carbon copies won't fly to high once BMD system become operational. Time to think of new strategy of threatening and pretending to scare the world with something relevant.
Let them build 200 more missiles and nukes. Our BMD has already forced them to have 3rd nuclear doctrine.
1. Minimum credible, 2. Credible minimum, now borrowed Chinese 3. Full spectrum deterrence.
Next could be "All spectrum deterrence" after that "All hands deterrence" :scared2::scared2:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
ABM-1 yes they had....but isn't that much dangerous? H2K should be much better option today, what do you say?
Both have its advantages, Proximity fuse is good when you cant do HTK. HTK is ultimate, but it may miss. So you need to make it explode.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
From the looks of this video

They have upgraded not only warhead, but also HTK capabilities.
This is a video of testing in 2013, not recent one. You can see that in the thermal video screen where it is written - Nov2017

Last edited:

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
PAD is developed for anything like DF-31. Although its official range is 7K to 8K, but PAD is developed to take down any incoming missile with a range of 5K.
The range of Ballistic missile increases with speed. High speed interception is difficult. Interception of Prithvi missile is at about 5Mach. I the speed is higher, interception will be difficult

Hindustani78

These are DF-3 ,almost 50 year old now . lightyears difference in technology with current tactical BM of china who are going to be the rival of Indias ABM.
Saudis might have installed guidance system or might be the chinese sold them along with Guidance system ?

China transferred 36 DF-3 medium-range missiles to Saudi Arabia in 1988, and supplied Pakistan with 34 M-11 short-range missiles in 1992.

United States of America Defence Department's Report 1997
The Pentagon, moreover, has planned to sell advanced weapons and military equipment to Saudi Arabia which includes rocket guidance systems, upgraded missile motors and advanced air-to-air missiles.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
This is a video of testing in 2013, not recent one. You can see that in the thermal video screen where it is written - Nov2017
did i claim that this is recent video, please read again, I posted the screen shots of the recent test, compare to this, IR shots are different. Plus this video was posted to show the difference.

If you read the the thread, i might have discuss this in back pages.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
PAD is developed for anything like DF-31. Although its official range is 7K to 8K, but PAD is developed to take down any incoming missile with a range of 5K.
Two things, if you could track the target missile and you have the interceptor where the target missile intended to go and it interceptor could be launched and it will be present in kill zone of the target missile, interception is possible.

So even if the target missile is over 5mach i think 1 mach missile could intercept it, provided that you know the place it will be and send the interceptor at right time.

this video explain part of what i am saying

here is the kill zone of THAAD ER

kill zone.jpg

another example is bird hit bringing down the plane, if bird could do that to a plane, we could do that with slow interceptor, provided we have good enough radar and interceptor is placed where we want them.

AT THE RIGHT PLACE, AT THE RIGHT TIME :biggrin2::biggrin2:

Willy2

Saudis might have installed guidance system or might be the chinese sold them along with Guidance system ?
It's possible ,but hey our "old Agni-1" { we are expecting to replace them with Agni -1P) can be a greta mimic of DF-21 ...and may be we going to use them soon in tests. Why to create conspiracy wjhen we have suitable stuff.

Chinmoy

Country flag
Two things, if you could track the target missile and you have the interceptor where the target missile intended to go and it interceptor could be launched and it will be present in kill zone of the target missile, interception is possible.

So even if the target missile is over 5mach i think 1 mach missile could intercept it, provided that you know the place it will be and send the interceptor at right time.

this video explain part of what i am saying

here is the kill zone of THAAD ER

View attachment 22279

another example is bird hit bringing down the plane, if bird could do that to a plane, we could do that with slow interceptor, provided we have good enough radar and interceptor is placed where we want them.

AT THE RIGHT PLACE, AT THE RIGHT TIME :biggrin2::biggrin2:
Basically that's the whole ball game. I'd simply term it as DTRT (Detect, Track, Range, Target). If you could detect any launch in the very first seconds, things become relative easy for you.

Kshithij

DharmaYoddha
Basically that's the whole ball game. I'd simply term it as DTRT (Detect, Track, Range, Target). If you could detect any launch in the very first seconds, things become relative easy for you.
Even if anyone detects a launch, in say, Quetta of Pakistan, India will not be able to send any missile to there before 5-10 minutes as missiles are not lasers. They take time to travel

Chinmoy

Country flag
Even if anyone detects a launch, in say, Quetta of Pakistan, India will not be able to send any missile to there before 5-10 minutes as missiles are not lasers. They take time to travel
That is the reason we are doing interception in terminal and coasting phase.

But theoritically speaking we could intercept a 2K missile in boost phase with PAD. But the problem is detecting it at the very second of ignition.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles