Indian Army wants futuristic vehicle for its Armoured corps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
I will trsut them only if army certifies them by inducting their equipment in large enough numbers.
This I agree with. The proof of the pudding is in the eating.
But how did DRDO come in the picture. ?

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
It looks suspicious that some elements up high mocking this new DM ..

================

Any first tank of any other country take lesser time ?

The development time of the arjun maybe.

Bhadra

Professional
Country flag
Nope...None of these things in RFI fix the design.....they just fix the PARAMETERS. he is just trolling as he is a defence professional .... You need parameters/specs to design a tank. All the RFI has is drivel. He is just confused between design and specs and hopes that the army will resolve it through "COMMUNICATION" :lol:
You are unnecessarily going round and round ... without meaning any thing....
The Army has specified every thing...
"Medium platform".. if you do not know what is medium in tank technology, I suggest go and take a rest.. take a sabbatical which you can take for free...
"Modular Concept" ... as opposed to " compartmental design".. hull separate, turret separate, Gun separate, electronics separate and electrical separate, engine separate and suspension separate, as in the design of Arjun. Sunate Ho Na.. aji suno to jara... aapki hi nahin chalegi...

Then they have said they want a platform on which they can base nine to ten types of armour vehicles on .. absolutely sensible .. not your types of hotch potch..

Last edited by a moderator:

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
And your trust based on ? , Are you an user or worked with them personally ..

If you don`t have either, It is best to stop DRDO or any other bashing ..
My trust is based on what armed forces say about DRDO. If DRDO makes promise that they will deliver Arjun by 2000 and they don't, then I would not trust them again if they make any similar claims. And of course I can bash DRDO when they fail to deliver- they are being paid my tax money.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
And I don't understand their philosophy either . if some expert can give us insight on it, it would be great. I mean every western country is having heavy tanks and they have proven to be devastating against the Russian tanks.

For instance, I read that one M1Abrams took out seven Iraqi tanks in the desert single handedly and still could not be destroyed. It was only salavged part by part since it had some engine failure or something.

Now that is the kind of tanks I want in Indian army
Abrams weighs 60 plus tons.

the knocked out T-72s (t-90s are not very different from them , thats why Russian army did nt buy it as much as IA has done and waited for 50 to 60 ton armata) weigh less than 50 tons.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
So they have not yet a fixed philosophy. Exactly what I said.
Yeah right- they should publish their tactics and all in open forums. If not , it would only mean they don't have any philosophy of tactics

bose

Country flag
So they have not yet a fixed philosophy. Exactly what I said.
you re spot on bro... If you see how the Russians used their T-34 against the Panzers in spite of very heavy loses the T-34 took in the war... The Russians believe in something as "Quantity is the Quality of its Own"... While the western powers are more of holding off the big armour thrust with more protected heavier tanks...

IA have to make up its mind on philosophy ... It simply can not be either < 50 T or > 60T...

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Are you an user or you worked with them, Its just simple question ..

My trust is based on what armed forces say about DRDO. If DRDO makes promise that they will deliver Arjun by 2000 and they don't, then I would not trust them again if they make any similar claims. And of course I can bash DRDO when they fail to deliver- they are being paid my tax money.
=============

Their are plenty, You are an expert of foreign hardware ..

I can't find a tank that took more time.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Army revised Arjun GSQr specs four times!!!1
So how could it be ready any day?
Even now without ordering arjun mk1 in numbers IA has asked for 60 plus improvements in the form of mk2.

IA's DGMF is just UPA's scam arm for squirreling away indian tax payer money.

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Abrams weighs 60 plus tons.

the knocked out T-72s (t-90s are not very different from them , thats why Russian army did nt buy it as much as IA has done and waited for 50 to 60 ton armata) weigh less than 50 tons.
Yeah . that's what I read too and that's what I am wondering - why Indian army is looking for medium weight tanks.

Kharavela

Country flag
View attachment 5314

View attachment 5315

The BMPT Terminator(pictures above) is an advanced combat vehicle based on the
T-732 chassis that India already produces.
Can this be a viable option as an medium weight combat vehicle as producing something along the lines of this vehicle will cost less as we might not have to open a new production line and is based on tech that we are more or less familiar with.

Or does the army want a new tank ???
You didn't got the point. The RFI is only for T-14 Armata, but without saying it openly. You can't satisfy the requirements with anything else. They waited for unveiling of T-14 Armata & then only released the RFI. Anything else will be discarded by defining the vague terms as per their convenience.

ersakthivel

Brilliance
Country flag
Army's RFI for FICv shows it has simply no idea about what a future FMBT means

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Army revised Arjun GSQr specs four times!!!1
So how could it be ready any day?
Even now without ordering arjun mk1 in numbers IA has asked for 60 plus improvements in the form of mk2.

IA's DGMF is just UPA's scam arm for squirreling away indian tax payer money.
Now that's just a broad accusation on the army. And dint nda approve buying T90s in the 2000? Was it during UPA T90

Rowdy

Co ja kurwa czytam!
Yeah right- they should publish their tactics and all in open forums. If not , it would only mean they don't have any philosophy of tactics
When they buy tanks, the specs will be out anyway .... how is that a "tactic"

Mad Indian

Proud Bigot
Country flag
Are you an user or you worked with them, Its just simple question ..

=============

Their are plenty, You are an expert of foreign hardware ..
Actually my friend works there as a systems engineer. What he says about DRDO would make my blood boil considering their apathy like 5-6 30minutes tea breaks a day and what not.

And of course, when they fail their projects it only confirms he is right

Kharavela

Country flag
Here is the first and only tank to fulfill all requirements.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/TX-130_Saber-class_fighter_tank
It has a glorious history
The TX-130S was sometimes referred to as the "Jedi starfighter of the ground."[1] During the Clone Wars, the versatile fighter tank saw action on planets such as Geonosis, Rhen Var, Raxus Prime, Thule,[7] and Saleucami.[9] Many notable Jedi piloted fighter tanks during the Clone Wars, including Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker, Luminara Unduli, and Ki-Adi-Mundi who used the Force and superior skills to get the best out of these maneuverable craft. In the hands of these Jedi, these tanks proved a match for many Separatist armored vehicles.[7]

The tank was phased out of service shortly after the proclamation of the Galactic Empire, and was replaced by stronger variants, such as the TX-130T fighter tank and the 2-M Saber-class repulsor tank.[7] However, production continued in secret, with several hundred models being sold to the Rebel Alliance.

These vehicles were used by Rebel forces during the Battle of Turak IV.[8]

Tech specs are amazing too

I hope the galactic empire co-operates in Make in India and agrees to tech transfers. I am sure Mr. Modi will make a trip to Coruscant and address the NRI diaspora to highlight the importance of PIOs roles in the development of the Galactic Empire and the dark side of the force.
@OneGrimPilgrim @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @roma @Mad Indian
I agree, this tank can fulfill all requirements.. Please send the Technical & Financial Bid to DGMF, IA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles