Indian Army: News and Discussion

Spectribution

Tihar Jail
Banned
Instead of clicking photos with Jawans it is better if our PM and his DM clear the long pending proposals for LMG, carbine, LUH, assault rifle, helmets etc. With the LMG, carbine deals etc cancelled on flimsy grounds the Jawans would be wondering who the real enemy actually is.
Maybe if your Congi chor government showed some haste we wouldn't be in such a bad situation. Saint Anthony scuppered the country's procurement policy and left us naked and exposed. The new Parrikar SPM (Strategic Partnership Model) was long overdue.

Go and watch Chota Bheem with RaGa and Diggy Mama.

sorcerer

Country flag
Remains of two Indian soldiers killed in World War-I to be brought back

Dehradun: Indian defence authorities will travel to France in November to identify and bring back remains of two Indian soldiers killed during World War I, an army official said Saturday.

The remains of two unnamed soldiers of the Garhwal Rifles along with their regimental insignia were found in September 2016 in a field near the northwestern French town of Laventie, nearly 70 kilometers (43 miles) from Dunkirk.

The remains of a British and German soldier were also found from the site during civic work by local authorities. The combatants are believed to have been killed in a battle with Germans, nearly a hundred years ago.

France informed India about the discovery, and Delhi said it would send a team of four officials, including a brigadier from the regiment, to identify the soldiers and artefacts found with them and bring back their remains.

“Some artefacts, including the regimental insignia, have also been found. We will try our best to identify them, although it will be difficult,” said Colonel Ritesh Roy of Garhwal Rifles.

“The bodies were buried for more than 100 years, so very little is left,” he said.

The Garhwal Rifles, named after the northern Himalayan region of Garhwal, was raised in 1887 as part of the Bengal Army before it was incorporated in the British Indian Army.

It remains an infantry regiment in the Indian Army.

The regiment had an active role in both the First and Second World Wars and lost nearly 700 men in WWI and another 350 in WWII.

Two of its soldiers were awarded Victoria Cross — the highest gallantry award in United Kingdom and Commonwealth — for their bravery during World War I.

Over a million soldiers from the Indian subcontinent served the Allied Powers during World War I, with nearly 70,000 of them dying. Another 2.5 million Indian soldiers participated in World War I
https://telanganatoday.com/remains-indian-soldiers-killed-world-war

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
Remains of two Indian soldiers killed in World War-I to be brought back

Dehradun: Indian defence authorities will travel to France in November to identify and bring back remains of two Indian soldiers killed during World War I, an army official said Saturday.

The remains of two unnamed soldiers of the Garhwal Rifles along with their regimental insignia were found in September 2016 in a field near the northwestern French town of Laventie, nearly 70 kilometers (43 miles) from Dunkirk.

The remains of a British and German soldier were also found from the site during civic work by local authorities. The combatants are believed to have been killed in a battle with Germans, nearly a hundred years ago.

France informed India about the discovery, and Delhi said it would send a team of four officials, including a brigadier from the regiment, to identify the soldiers and artefacts found with them and bring back their remains.

“Some artefacts, including the regimental insignia, have also been found. We will try our best to identify them, although it will be difficult,” said Colonel Ritesh Roy of Garhwal Rifles.

“The bodies were buried for more than 100 years, so very little is left,” he said.

The Garhwal Rifles, named after the northern Himalayan region of Garhwal, was raised in 1887 as part of the Bengal Army before it was incorporated in the British Indian Army.

It remains an infantry regiment in the Indian Army.

The regiment had an active role in both the First and Second World Wars and lost nearly 700 men in WWI and another 350 in WWII.

Two of its soldiers were awarded Victoria Cross — the highest gallantry award in United Kingdom and Commonwealth — for their bravery during World War I.

Over a million soldiers from the Indian subcontinent served the Allied Powers during World War I, with nearly 70,000 of them dying. Another 2.5 million Indian soldiers participated in World War I
https://telanganatoday.com/remains-indian-soldiers-killed-world-war
Welcome back home my soilders bold

NeXoft007

Country flag
Truth Prevails!
Somewhere in Sindh in September 2016, when Pakistan's defence day celebrations were happening, activists from Sindh Student Federation distributing booklets to educate the common Pakistanis by exposing Pakistan's myth of 1965 victory.
Unfortunately, the activists are now suffering on the hands of Pakistan Army. Many activists kidnapped and no info of their whereabouts.
IMG_20171028_201116.jpg
IMG_20171028_200909.jpg
IMG_20171028_200928.jpg

Vinod DX9

Country flag
20171101235144.jpg

A team of theGarhwal Rifles will travel to France in November to identify and bring back the remains of its two soldiers killed during the First World War, an Army official said.The decision came after the French government recently found the remains of four soldiers, including two unnamed Indian soldiers, at a construction site near Laventie, about 70km from Dunkirk, in France.

F-14B

#iamPUROHIT
Country flag
View attachment 21377
A team of theGarhwal Rifles will travel to France in November to identify and bring back the remains of its two soldiers killed during the First World War, an Army official said.The decision came after the French government recently found the remains of four soldiers, including two unnamed Indian soldiers, at a construction site near Laventie, about 70km from Dunkirk, in France.
seems like the soilders belonged to the 7th (Meerut) Division as the orbat for the October 1914 states that is as follows

GOC: Lieut-Gen C.A. Anderson, CB
GSO1: Col C.W. Jacob

Dehra Dun Brigade GOC: Brig-Gen C.E. Johnson

Garhwal Brigade GOC: Maj-Gen H.D’U. Keary, CB, DSO

Bareilly Brigade GOC: Maj-Gen F. Macbean, CVO, CB

Divisional Mounted Troops

Divisional Artillery

Engineers

Signals Service

• Meerut Signal Company
Divisional Pioneers

Supply & Transport:

• Meerut Divisional train
Medical Units:

• 19th & 20th British Field Ambulances
  • 128th, 129th and 130th Indian Field Ambulances
After winter operations (in which the Indian soldiers suffered badly) the division next took part in the Battles of Neuve Chapelle, Aubers Ridge, Festubert and Loos in 1915

Last edited:

sorcerer

Country flag
Memorial at India Gate to honour war dead since Independence, to be inaugurated by PM Modi next year
Two years after the Centre approved a proposal for the construction of a National War Memorial at India Gate, sources said construction is set to begin by mid-November. The memorial is being built to honour over 22,600 soldiers who died in various wars with China and Pakistan since Independence. Sources said Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the memorial next year in November.
http://indianexpress.com/article/ci...-be-inaugurated-by-pm-modi-next-year-4920020/

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles