Indian Army: News and Discussion

sthf

Country flag
Wowzeee!!! 40,000 crores directly under the control of IA..
IA better not screw this up. if they do , no point in blaming politicians for getting involved in defence procurements in the future.
They most certainly will screw up. Some generals will end up with lavish farm houses in Delhi and the rest will conveniently blame "bad apples" for their incompetence.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Someone in this forum said long back that army structure is different and have less powers,even less than some ministries.
Can some one please provide me some knowledge on that matter.

sthf

Country flag
Looks like an absurd thing to do. Unlike China & Russia, India should have used this opportunity to learn not brag.

Krusty

Country flag
I asked about that truck in BR and reply I got was that it was a MAN truck that was trialled against TATRA but failed to become the L1 contender .

But the funny thing is there is not even a single picture of a MAN 12X12 truck .... o_O
That's because there aren't any MAN 12x12 ....

10x10 is the max MAN offers to date.

sthf

Country flag
yeah so no Indian Media their, these pics taken from Belarus site....
I didn't get you mate. My point was to enter biathlon with the standard issue T-90 and see how it and our crews perform against the best Russia and China has to offer.

Chinis modified their Type-96 right after its LESS THAN OPTIMAL performance in the earlier versions. Russians were using pimped up T-72B3 from the very beginning.

As the saying goes in the IA, "We like to follow Western strategies with Russian equipment on Indian scale." I say stick to that and not engage in charade of being numero uno.

kurup

Country flag
Is this OFB made? I am staggered. I find it almost hard to believe..
There is no evidence to prove otherwise ...... Not a single other pic of this particular truck exists .

rone

Country flag
i think this yr India use arjun mk1 for tank Biathlon..seen on some news

bhramos

Country flag
i think this yr India use arjun mk1 for tank Biathlon..seen on some news
never trust Indian Media, i have seen 3 months ago in Russian media, that India will use T-90, but taught they were mistaken, but our media is shit, brags more then reality...

TheHurtLocker

Country flag
Pakistani media handle on twitter has this out:
It says that an Indian has been abducted in Afghanistan and is an intel operative.
I am guessing they were the ones who published the 158 Jawans killed in Sugar Daddy China's attack on India.

rkhanna

Country flag
^^ Above news is doing the rounds of the Internet. a Col Joshi supposedly

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
As expected,public spending in R&D has to rise first to build up confidence in global players that india is a worthy place.

Start off with good submarines and artillery,as a stop gap measure,buy Tejas in numbers.
:lol: again

Will, would, could, should, has to, enough is enough ..............

Last edited:

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
Why would anyone invest in defense sector of India when it takes 17 years to buy a fighter jet, 8 years for an assault rifle, 30 years for an artillery, and 3 years to chop a fucking tree!!! (Akash report tabled by CAG in parliament yesterday).

Why would anyone build defense factories in India and keep it in hibernation for decades until orders are placed.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles