Indian Army: News and Discussion

pmaitra

What the hell is going on here ?????????????
This is not a mutiny. Moreover, the other soldiers are trying to calmly explain something to the person in the red shirt. I did not quite understand what he was saying and I saw only two minutes of it. It appears he wants to visit his mother, but someone may correct me.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
@Kunal Biswas How much of the ration(quantity) is carried by the soldiers and special forces?
Once they out of their rations will they be restocked?
What is the role of field kitchen?

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
BREAKING: First two M777 howitzers for India to arrive this weekend, ahead of schedule, announces @BAESystemsInc.
Good news. These need to be sent to Devlali post-haste, so that crew training can begin at the earliest.
Will follow on orders also be delivered ahead of schedule?

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
Good news. These need to be sent to Devlali post-haste, so that crew training can begin at the earliest.
Will follow on orders also be delivered ahead of schedule?
Think so yes.
BAE Systems, which has supplied over a thousand M777 guns to several armies but now has no orders in hand, has already spent $50 million in keeping the production line open in anticipation of an order from New Delhi.
Means less waiting time.

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

captscooby81

Country flag
i didn't really understand what was the need to tell this to public they could have kept the news inside and the matter is peaceful ..Now the Jihadi s and commie are making a mockery out of this ..this news is more political than an institutional one like army news ..Sad to see the politicisation of the indian army ..and the RW twitterati are worse they are making Major Gogoi a super hero and this s just going to corner him specially in future...

Major Gogoi awarded by COAS for sustained efforts in counter insurgency operations

xeaaex

i didn't really understand what was the need to tell this to public they could have kept the news inside and the matter is peaceful ..Now the Jihadi s and commie are making a mockery out of this ..this news is more political than an institutional one like army news ..Sad to see the politicisation of the indian army ..and the RW twitterati are worse they are making Major Gogoi a super hero and this s just going to corner him specially in future...
Sir this is to boost confidence of public and importantly of military so that military officials can take such decisions without hesitation in the time of need.
Also they are jehadis we don't have to pay attention to them, to be honest jitna kam unko bhaav denge utna accha hai.
Also i publicly threatened to not vote BJP if they ever take action against the major who took such a brilliant decision, and told them that me and my family won't vote for you.

Also salute to major gogoi.

Cutting Edge 2

Space Power
Let commie dogs bark. Thats what they always do. Major Gogoi is a real hero. He did nothing wrong. Why should we hide it.

Last edited:

captscooby81

Country flag
Well i really appreciate what Major.Gogoi did and trust me even i would not have voted BJP if they pushed army to take action on him for this reason but this is not any great victory we all knew that army won t be going harsh on one of their own especially with the current govt who came with so much chestumping saying giving free hand to army ..

But where we miss the story is the Jihadi and commie are pigs and they love always being in shit if you want to fight a pig then you should be prepared to get down in that shit and get your hands stinky and dirty

Which is what they have achieved now .. A simple army action has been made as a big human rights violation and they are showing army as villain now awarding a officer for breaching a human right issue ..

We should never stoop down to those pigs level..if we kept the news inside the army things would have still be fine no one cares the jihadi s and commie ..but now we just given them something to cry for few days to week ..

Sir this is to boost confidence of public and importantly of military so that military officials can take such decisions without hesitation in the time of need.
Also they are jehadis we don't have to pay attention to them, to be honest jitna kam unko bhaav denge utna accha hai.
Also i publicly threatened to not vote BJP if they ever take action against the major who took such a brilliant decision, and told them that me and my family won't vote for you.

Also salute to major gogoi.
They will always do that only and i am trying to say is when you walk on a street and a dog from inside an house bark at you will you stop and bark at it or just walk past silently ..We are making the exact mistake what these commie s want to do giving highlighting and mileage for their existence with all our reaction to them ..If you keep walking past the dog silently it will stop barking after few days ..But if you react then trust me its going to drag you into barking marathon every time it sees you ..

Let commie dogs bark. Thats what they always do. Major Gogoi is a real hero. He did nothing wrong. Why should we hide it.

Last edited:

xeaaex

Well i really appreciate what Major.Gogoi did and trust me even i would not have voted BJP if they pushed army to take action on him for this reason but this is not any great victory we all knew that army won t be going harsh on one of their own especially with the current govt who came with so much chestumping saying giving free hand to army ..

But where we miss the story is the Jihadi and commie are pigs and they love always being in shit if you want to fight a pig then you should be prepared to get down in that shit and get your hands stinky and dirty

Which is what they have achieved now .. A simple army action has been made as a big human rights violation and they are showing army as villain now awarding a officer for breaching a human right issue ..

We should never stoop down to those pigs level..if we kept the news inside the army things would have still be fine no one cares the jihadi s and commie ..but now we just given them something to cry for few days to week ..

They will always do that only and only thing i am trying to say is when you walk on a street and a dog from inside an house bark at you will you stop and bark at it or just walk past silently ..We are making the exact mistake what these commie s want to do giving highlighting and mileage for their existence with all our reaction to them ..If you keep walking past the dog silently it will stop barking after few days ..But if you react then trust me its going to drag you into barking marathon every time it sees you ..
I agree with your philosophy, but the point is how much we should pay attention to them.
Dekho history mai likha hai logo ne Bhagwan ko bhi galiya di hai, example is Bhagwan shri Krishna and how he was always mocked by duryodhan.
No matter how much true you are there will always be someone to mock you.

mayfair

A good progressive step on the part of army and GoI. Brushing aside any and all sickular pressure, the young major was commended for his act.

The psychological boost will be immense. On the other hand, the pattharbaaz will always have a nagging doubt that there's no telling when they'll find themselves strapped in front of a jeep or a truck or a tank, or even under it.

sbm

Country flag
Speaking of all these fire assaults, I wonder what ad hoc firepower additions are being given to the infantry? Lt.Gen Panag spoke of RCLs, 75/24 howitzers, 12 additional MGs & L-70s surplus to requirements being added to his infantry brigade in 2000. I wonder if this is widespread? Makes a lot of sense. Maybe 120mm mortars? 105mm pack howitzers?

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles