Indian Army: News and Discussion

sorcerer

Country flag
Unfazed by Chinese troops' 'sit-in', Army engineers finish canal work in Ladakh
Highlights
  • Army engineers have finished the work for laying a water pipeline for irrigation purpose in Ladakh
  • Indian & Chinese troops have been in a stand-off since Wednesday in the area
  • PLA troops had earlier entered an area near the LAC and stopped the construction work

LEH/NEW DELHI: Unfazed by the ' sit-in+ ' by the Chinese border guards at Demchok in Ladakh that led to a face-off with Indian troops earlier this week, Army engineers have finished the work for laying a water pipeline for irrigation purpose for local villagers in Ladakh division. :clap2:

China's People's Liberation Army (PLA) troops had entered the area near the Line of Actual Control (LAC) and stopped the construction work. The Chinese troops took positions on the perceived LAC and demanded that work be stopped as both sides need to seek permission before undertaking any such activity. This claim was disputed by the Indian side which said that the terms of the agreement between the two countries state that information about construction needs to be shared only if meant for defence purposes.

The sources said that while the face-off between the two sides continued for three days ending Saturday evening, the Army engineers, ignored the warnings by PLA personnel and continued laying pipeline for nearly a kilometre for irrigation purpose of the villagers in Demchok, located 250km east of Leh. :clap2:

According to the sources, the formula of 'active patrolling' adopted by the ITBP and Army ever since 2013 fortnight long stand-off near Daulat Beig Oldie has been reaping rich dividends and Chinese have been cautious in carrying out incursion especially in Ladakh sector.

This time also, the sources said, army and ITBP personnel did not allow the PLA guards to erect the hut and they were forced to take the material back to their base camp located a kilometre away at Demqog from the place of face-off.

The fresh incident had erupted on November 2 when Chinese troops took positions on the LAC and demanded that work be stopped as either side needs to take permission from each other before undertaking any construction work, a claim disputed by the India which says that as per the agreement between the two countries, information about construction needed to be shared only if it was meant for defence purposes.

Both sides pulled out banners and have been stationed on the ground, the sources said, adding the Army and ITBP troopers were not allowing the Chinese "to move an inch" ahead despite the PLA claiming that the area belonged to China.

The area had witnessed a similar incident in 2014 after it was decided to construct a small irrigation canal at Nilung Nalla under the MNREGA scheme which had been a sore point with the Chinese.

The PLA had mobilised villagers from Tashigong to pitch Rebos (tents) at Charding-Ninglung Nallah (CNN) Track Junction to protest Indian action.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...canal-work-in-Ladakh/articleshow/55274641.cms

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
IA has released RFP for about a thousand mine seeping ploughs for T-72, last week.
And last year around 1500 Mine sweeping ploughs for T-90, based on DAC news reports.

So i guess, one big item has been stricken off from long pending acquisition check list.

Chinmoy

Country flag
IA has released RFP for about a thousand mine seeping ploughs for T-72, last week.
And last year around 1500 Mine sweeping ploughs for T-90, based on DAC news reports.

So i guess, one big item has been stricken off from long pending acquisition check list.
Now its time to ask the smart ass people who were dead against Arjun weight, about how much does these T-71 and T-90's weigh after integrating mine sweeping plough.

republic_roi97

Country flag
#JKOps . Back to mainstream. One Local Terrorist of LeT tanzeem surrenders. One AK with ammo and warlike stores handed over @adgpi

Good , Very Good......
Don't think we have heard surrenders in kashmir for quite a while. whatever IA did seems to be doing, is working....
Not so fidayeen afterall eh.. I guess he got afraid of death LOL Jihadi. So he surrendered.

sbm

Country flag
Rajasthan: Indian Army carried out 2-day long Spl Heliborne exercise; it also showcased a high degree of synergy b/w Indian Army & Air Force

Any more photos from this exercise? Looks good.

pmaitra

The company that makes the T-72 mine-ploughs is Titagarh Wagons.

I don't know whether any other company makes them.

rishivashista13

Country flag
Balduram Ka Badan ..... और हमको उसका राशन मिलता है !!!
Assam Regimental Song

Badluram ka badan Zamin ke neeche hai….aur humko uska ration milta hai…” (Badluram’s body is buried but we draw his ration) goes the regimental song.

The legend of the song is based in a true story: Badluram was a soldier who died in the ‘Japan War’ (World War II). His Quarter Master was apparently ‘smart’ and continued to draw rations on the jawan’s name.

The surplus ration that collected in the name of Badluram over the months proved to be a godsend when the regiment was surrounded by the Japanese and cut off from supplies. The regiment survived the siege thanks to Badluram’s ration and averted a possibly disastrous fate that could have resulted in many deaths goes the story.

So Badluram, his badan and his ration are now a part of regimental tradition and lore.

Sent from my Micromax Q380 using Tapatalk

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
Assam: 3 jawans killed, several others injured in militant encounter in Tinsukia..

RIP...

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
J&K: One terrorist killed in encounter with security forces in Pulwama, gun battle underway.....

Filtercoffee

Country flag
We are already doing better bro, MKU has developed 1 KG helmet, I think this one is that or maybe the one from Tata Advanced System, apart from that, MKU also developed NATO grade modern helmets with all the modern attachments and goodies and above all, "bolt-free".
These helmets that they are wearing, is good enough, its lightweight and there is nothing like a screw or bolt so very comfortable and safe.
It looks like storm trooper helmet. Like zeeee Germans.

Sent from my 2014818 using Tapatalk

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles