Indian Army Artillery

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
IA is already firing the 155mm
:eek1: I never thought the day would ever come!!!!!!!! Wow!!
If this is true, then that means we need ATAGS there, not the Dhanush.:shoot:
ATAGS needs to enter production ASAP. But the Army red-flagged weight issues.:doh:

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
:eek1: I never thought the day would ever come!!!!!!!! Wow!!
If this is true, then that means we need ATAGS there, not the Dhanush.:shoot:
ATAGS needs to enter production ASAP. But the Army red-flagged weight issues.:doh:

Test both!!
What kind of power is India if it can't test its own weapons lol. This is so illogical to have them not tested.

cyclops

Country flag
Test both!!
What kind of power is India if it can't test its own weapons lol. This is so illogical to have them not tested.
Not saying that they will test them but the Dhanush looks a bit more ready than ATAGS.
So if one of them has to be tested it probably would be the Dhanush.

A longer ranged ATAGS can not be discounted either since it can engage from a standoff distance.
However, it probably does not have production level prototypes, so things falling off of the guns during tests in the middle of cfvs with engineers and soldiers in tow, that does not sound like a good idea.

I know I am only fanboying here and they probably won't test it, but if they do,:megusta: well bully for us.

Screambowl

Ghanta Senior Member?
Country flag
So if one of them has to be tested it probably would be the Dhanush.
This is why I also favor it's testing, as it has already been tested many times before.
It's movement and temperature bearing capacity, engine and oil mechanism, brittle parameter, deployment and firing time, etc etc..

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
View attachment 23454
^ What the F is a gun tower?

No, I mean seriously. Its meant for para. Is it some kind of field arty tractor for ultra light howitzers?
Arty tractor for M777 it seems. I guess they want helo transportable FAT and capable of parachute extraction.

View attachment 23455

Probably a few modifications to this guy.
:doh:
OMFG.

The word "Tower" was what confused me.
Tower means a tall self-supporting structure.

In this document though, "Para Droppable Gun Tower" is just an example of bad English. They meant to say Tow-er, as in something that tows the gun.
:facepalm:
English is a phunny language.

sthf

Country flag
6×6 Arty tractor which can be lifted by CH-47 looks like a tall order.

Light 4×4 akin to Pinzgauer would have made a lot more sense.

AmoghaVarsha

Country flag
In other words we should stop arming ourselves because dude here doesn't like the strategy. Bravo! You just outdid @Screambowl
Are we arming ourselves to just defend or are we arming ourselves to not only push back the enemy but also go on the offensive.

Right now our intent is only defend and push the enemy back. Its all reactive and not proactive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pandeyji

Country flag
Are we arming ourselves to just defend or are we arming ourselves to not only push back the enemy but also go on the offensive.

Right now our intent is only defend and push the enemy back. Its all reactive and not proactive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
We want peace, nothing else. That's why we need so many weapons because as Vegetius said

Si vis pacem, para bellum

uoftotaku

Country flag
Mass production after user Assisted Technical Trials and user Trials around June and September 2018.
Yes but IA req states they want weight to be brought down to 12 tons..currently both prototypes are 20 tons. How DRDO proposes to reduce the weight by 8 tons is beyond me but its up to IA to accept the system. Its a world beater by all accounts but IA has a nasty habit of rejecting world beaters on small technicalities..lets see how things develop. Dunno why they are wasting time on Dhanush either...just focus all attention of ATAGS and move forward full speed

Hari Sud

Country flag
At what stage are the Dhanush trials. Is it ready for induction in 2018.

ATAGS is higher range gun and heavier in weight it will always be used to blast away far away targets.

For quicker movement and IA penchant for weight first, the Dhanush gun is more suitable.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles