Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Source - BR

Dhanush troop deployment

I found the exact same video with the title calling the guns ATAGS :creepy:

From the FATs, it looks like Bofors. Those do not look like Ashok Leyland FATs

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Took these Pics this evening of D 30 being load up near my place.

Apart from being a Howitzer it can also act as an Anti Tank Gun with unique rapid 360 ° traverse ability for which it replaced BS 3 (M 1944) Soviet Anti Tank Gun on LAC (China Border ) in the past.

Good enough for Chinese Light Tanks, Armoured Vehicles and Arty Fire Support

LRjv51487259863.jpg

Capture1.JPG

sbm

Country flag
Lovely. Absolutely Lovely. Thank you so much for sharing!

Prashant12

Country flag
Indigenous towed artillery now in advanced stage of trials

Nearly three decades after the controversial Howitzers, manufactured by Bofors, became the mainstay of heavy artillery for the Indian Army, two indigenously developed towed artillery are now in advanced stages of trials to replace them.

The Dhanush, developed by the Ordnance Factory Board (OFB), and the towed artillery gun — Advanced Towed Artillery Gun System (ATAGS), which has achieved the parameters specified by the Armament Research and Development Establishment, will undergo advance trials soon.

Both are expected to meet the army’s requirement of about 1,800 towed guns by 2018-19, sources said, adding that both guns have been developed in less that six years.

“We have made 12 guns that have been used extensively, and six guns will undergo further trials at Pokhran before it’s fully ready. A few more trials have to be done to get final clearance,” S.K. Chourasia, Additional Director-General of Ordnance Factory, and a member of the OFB, told The Hindu.

Dhanush is a 155 mm/45 caibre gun, which has a range of 40 km, with higher accuracy than Bofors, he said.

Of the total 414-guns order from the army, 114 would be supplied in the first phase. “Though there is enough supply requirement for the army, the gun is an exportable product too,” Mr. Chourasia said.

The 155mm/52 calibre ATAGS, a project started by DRDO to supplement Dhanush, is expected to undergo trials in deserts and high altitude range and accuracy trials soon. ATAGS, which has a range of 46 km, was successfully integrated at Tata Power SED’s facility in Bengaluru recently, before being tested at Balasore in Odisha, said a Tata Power SED in response to an email query by The Hindu. The induction of ATAGS into the artillery regiment is expected to start in 2019-20.

Cost-effective exercise

To reduce cost of production, the Ordnance Factory Board is also looking at replacing 130 mm guns of the Russian-supplied field guns. The board plans to use the chassis of this field gun supplied in 1960s that are in good condition and fit them with new guns. “These guns have become obsolete. We intend to mount Dhanush guns on the chassis. Our estimation is that the exercise could cost us about ₹3 crore to ₹4 crore per gun, whereas it would cost us ₹15 crore to ₹20 crore if a new gun is produced,” said Ordnance Factory Board Additional Director General S.K. Chourasia.

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities...-advanced-stage-of-trials/article17326853.ece

Scrutator

Please @Chinmoy has been a good member of this forum, I read posts there. The only problems with your posts were that they were too personal and someone might have reported your posts, so moderators were bound to take some action. Dont take a debate to heart. Though everyone does get carried away now and then.

Anyway my last post on subject.
I am sure you have good relations with Chimoy. People are not the same all the time with all the people - a fact I am sure you would have known from your life experiences.
Anyways, My last post on this forum :)
Adios!!

deepak ghanvatkar

I feel that though there are missiles and multi-barrel rocket launchers there should be four regiments of folding and portable tube artillery, which if installed in Poonch or Rajouri should be able to cover entire Islamabad and Rawalpindi so that we can have some card to tell Islamabad not to escalate the shelling....

Such artillery of 130 cal guns on trucks or towed truck are not available of the shelf so India should do research for such artillery which can shell Pak Army head quarters or ISI headquarters....

Paki will know India is angry if we shell Pak Army head quarters or ISI headquarters....

Such research is worth ...

scatterStorm

Country flag
Regarding weight of ATAGS, Read what Ajay had reported :

These enhanced performance attributes have increased the weight of ATAGS to 16 tonnes, a couple of tonnes heavier than comparable towed guns. The army is willing to accept a heavier gun that delivers significantly better performance.

http://ajaishukla.blogspot.in/2016/12/indian-artillery-gun-shines-in-trials.html?m=1

So, there is no question to raise on weight when Army is Happy to accept it considering better performance !!

How much Army is Happy, can be understood from fact that ATAGS prototypes marched in Republic Day Parade.
Agreed! It's like the saying in our country, "kitna deti hai" so mileage matters and not how heavy it is. Regardless it's will be on the front lines near LOC for the most part ... a plane rather than a mountainous terrain where M777 will be operated, even though both our arty's are capable to operate there. So each gun has a different theater to be operated in.

deepak ghanvatkar

Brahmos is being developed as air version and being Integrated with SU-30MKI, I wonder, when the Pinaka's air version will be developed? And when AN-32/LCH modified to fire 6 pack Pinaka? This can give tremendous boost to artillery cover in remote location where the artillery cannot be moved immediately. India is owner of Pinaka Technology and free to alter or modify it.... The technology has to be developed to integrate it with AN-32 or LCH is the political decision but we must also developed air version of Prahar Missile.....

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles