Indian Army Artillery

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The photo is taken at Lucknow on Aug 2012, during 'Know Your Army' an exhibition ..

Kunal, when was this photo taken? It's funny, for years so few photos of D-30s in IA service and now we're seeing a few.

Scrutator

What Happend To Our Own INDEGENIOUS BHIM SPG
It had a Denel gun. Denel is currently blacklisted!! And hence the K9 Vajra/Thunder order!!!

Technically they could replace the Denel gun with that of ATAGS, but not sure if there is requirement beyond the numbers already ordered of K9 Vajra/Thunder!!

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
It had a Denel gun. Denel is currently blacklisted!! And hence the K9 Vajra/Thunder order!!!

Technically they could replace the Denel gun with that of ATAGS, but not sure if there is requirement beyond the numbers already ordered of K9 Vajra/Thunder!!
400 SPG Is the Requirement Bro

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Back in 2014, CVRDE representative at Defexpo did said that Government has plans to revive Bhim SPGH with ARDE 155mm Gun of 52cal ..

Scrutator

Catapult have a convertible Artillery/Tank Turret Because In The Video The person says it also has Tank Rounds
And Is It a New Invention By India
As in change the turret/barrel on the fly? I don't think so.
AFAIK it's a 130mm barrel from M46 (maybe that's what he's referring to as tank rounds). Not sure about the history - as he mentioned in the video, the original was Vijayanta tank with M46 barrel.

Scrutator

A question do the Catapult have a convertible Artillery/Tank Turret Because In The Video The person says it also has Tank Rounds
And Is It a New Invention By India
As in change the turret/barrel on the fly? I don't think so.
AFAIK it's a 130mm barrel from M46 (maybe that's what he's referring to as tank rounds). Not sure about the history - as he mentioned in the video, the original was Vijayanta tank with M46 barrel.
Probably he said it's an anti-tank round?

Scrutator

I am think he said Tank
And has any country except India make this system
Dude! You confused the hell out me! I had to check out the video again!!
He didn't say 'tank'...he said 'ten shells are on this side, ten shells on the right side and ...below the gun mount...the remaining (15) are......."

Hemu Vikram Aditya

Country flag
Dude! You confused the hell out me! I had to check out the video again!!
He didn't say 'tank'...he said 'ten shells are on this side, ten shells on the right side and ...below the gun mount...the remaining (15) are......."
:biggrin2::biggrin2:South Indian Accent Samay hi Nahi aaai yaar (no offense to South Indian )

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles