Indian Army Armored Vehicles

porky_kicker

Country flag
It was never discarded but never added on first place with other systems and components when purchasing, The additional T-90S which are being rectified under DRDO by Government of India ..

The soft kill APS is already their on MK2 which will be locally produced under some Private firm, For both MK2 as well as Indian T-90 Bhishmas ..
which soft kill system ?

is it the laser warning sensors + the rotary smoke grenade launchers

arjun was previously shown with an Israeli IR jammer but the system never made it to the production version AFAIK.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

I am disclosing this particular picture from days of late 90s Probably when Indian personal from Indian government including part of Army and DRDO when to Israel with prototype of Arjun MK1, There they tested various component of Israeli technology for Arjun including revolver ammunition feeding system, FCS as well as self protection suit, In return we perhaps offered with Kanchan Armour technology ..

Indian official stayed in Israel for some months in secrecy and were issued with their uniform with ranks, before shipped back to India with Arjun prototype ..

===============

@sayareakd Sir, The information you said long back that an Isreali guy posted lot of information on old forum regarding Arjun in Israel were true, Indeed ..

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
How its going to be in production when MK2 is yet to hit production line, Alfa technologies are responsible for making modified version of Israeli system under ToT from DRDO..

For example ====>>

arjun was previously shown with an Israeli IR jammer but the system never made it to the production version AFAIK.

porky_kicker

Country flag
How its going to be in production when MK2 is yet to hit production line, Alfa technologies are responsible for making modified version of Israeli system under ToT from DRDO..
i saw the system on an Israeli brochure , the system was shown mounted on arjun mk1 frontal arc.

i guess the drdo did not implement it on the arjun mk1, but later on got the TOT and r going to fix it on arjun MK2 after localization.

also it found it on a big pdf published by Israeli sibat on all their military products and services, which they hand it out to their military attachés at various embassies for distribution.

will try to find it and post it here

porky_kicker

Country flag
i was talking about this one

ALWACS (advanced laser warning and countermeasure system) shown on arjun MK1 and which consisted of
1.laser warning system : got implemented on MK2
2.IR jammer : not implemented or pending localization
3.smoke launcher : indigenous rotary design implemented
4.display and control unit : most probably localized

not able to find the pdf where the picture was even more detailed

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador

Yes, All the imported content have to be licensed manufactured before implementing on production model ..

The new T-90 Bhishma will feature these besides Arjun`s FCS, APU, ERA and AC as well, All Indian made and design ..

ALWACS (advanced laser warning and countermeasure system) shown on arjun MK1 and which consisted of

Chinmoy

Country flag

Image not visible.................

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
T 55 are still very much in service. I have seen it myself loading up near my place and going for exercises or possibly for deployment. That's because of Slow induction of T 90 and delayed phasing out of T 72

Last year they stayed for more than 24 hours near Railway line (reserve for Army movement) and people happily took pics of those T 55

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles