Indian Army Armored Vehicles

sandeepdg

Well "self-esteem" entered into the discussion since it appears to me since the Indian services seems all too prepared to suffer riding and risking their lives in flimsy (and I must say ugly) looking copycats. Remember for "domestic" use?
The armed forces aren't interested in Ferrari look alike beauties for the APC, IFVs or even the paramilitary for its armored SUVs. They want a vehicle that is built for Indian terrain and weather, offers good protection against light to medium weapons in hostile situations and the end of the day just gets the job done. Fortunately, they are not bothered if you feel the "Marksman" look ugly. Its not the best looking thing around, but I and everyone here can easily live with its "looks".

And, finally stop spoiling this thread with your trolling. If you can't contribute to the discussion here, just stop posting your trash and flimsy comments !!!

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
No, You are simple trolling here..

You don't have any Idea abt any Vehicle i posted here,

You dont know abt which level of Protection Markman gives,

U dont know what type of T-72s we use?

U dont even know why marksman suits us rather than Humvee or Any other?

Regarding trucks Stallion does the job well in IA why ?, Google around..

Don`t reply to my post, its not worth to do.

If so concerned open another thread..

Oh, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. I'm just being emphatic in pointing out the need not to be satisfied with is being offered to the military or police, specially the light vehicles posted on page 1. I know the general characterstics of those Russian vehicles and some of the indigenous vehicles.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Oh, I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. LOL I'm just being emphatic in pointing out the need not to be satisfied with is being offered to the military or police, specially the light vehicles posted on page 1. I know the general characterstics of those Russian vehicles and some of the indigenous vehicles.

The reason Gurkha is not chosen by Army coz simple of its size, We have Maruti Jeeps which are quite small but still have problem in thick urban environment in Kashmir, Taking any vehicles like Humvee is impossible to operate, We need small effective cheap armored vehicle which can withstand 7.62nato or PKM rounds, Presently Marksman and Rakshak are the only capable to do the job..

The reason we like Indigenous in Army coz of Spares, The MPV we got from SA got lots of problem regarding spares..

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
Well "self-esteem" entered into the discussion since it appears to me since the Indian services seems all too prepared to suffer riding and risking their lives in flimsy (and I must say ugly) looking copycats. Remember for "domestic" use?

I agree Indian vehicles may not be that high quality for now but if anything i wont use the word flimsy! Indian vehicles are very rugged because of the roads and conditions in India. They rarely break down and if they do break down the spares are easily available, which is important to keep your fleet moveing, if we have imported vehicles then a country like India which will face a land war will run out of spares if sanctions are imposed by the west. Its also very important to groom the Indian companies like TATA,Mahindra or Ashok to build armored vehicles, definitely quality will keep improving only if the business is good. So it is better to have our own vehicles which can keep moveing.

About the Armour, no MPV can take a IED blast of over 150kgs.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag

Is the gun on top made by India??
yeah what you are talking about is Remote control weapon station it is made by OFB

info here

Stabilised Remote Controlled Weapon Station :
Weapon 7.62 mm LMG
Ammunition 460 rounds in two belts
Coverage 3600 x N in Azimuth, -200 to + 600 in Elevation
Dimensions 600 x 800 mm
Weight 170 Kg
Angular rates Azimuth - 1 rad/sec, Elevation - 0.5 red/sec
Power 24 V
Day Sight CCD zoom X1 to > X20
Night Sight
Ordnance Factory Board

Last edited:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Puma M26

Based on a Tata 407 4X4 chassis, the end result is nothing like i've seen before.
The only tell tale signs are the tata dashboard/steering wheel/seats/pedals & gear lever

http://www.ott.co.za/SPEC_PumaM26-15-English.pdf

Not sure in use or not, But one have to peak into Kashmir.. :D

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
kunal sir it looks bad ass vehicle all you need is RCWS at the top.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles