Indian Army Armored Vehicles

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

porky_kicker

Country flag
how does it look Tunguska Anti Aircraft system with FCR !!!

Anybody found out what that square thing is ?
I believe it is a radar together with IFF , DRDO has a IFF developed which is different, but it is possible they came up with another solution.

I know the armoured columns r supported by battlefield surveillance radars mounted on mobile platforms but they have to be static and balanced with the outriggers before the radar can operate.

So maybe the t72 have been fitted with optimized radars with shorter range and which don't require stabilization.

It is a guess on my part, I hope may be one of you can identify it positively.

uoftotaku

Country flag
Anybody found out what that square thing is ?
I believe it is a radar together with IFF , DRDO has a IFF developed which is different, but it is possible they came up with another solution.

I know the armoured columns r supported by battlefield surveillance radars mounted on mobile platforms but they have to be static and balanced with the outriggers before the radar can operate.

So maybe the t72 have been fitted with optimized radars with shorter range and which don't require stabilization.

It is a guess on my part, I hope may be one of you can identify it positively.
Storage box...probably for crew personal effects or such. You can see the frame its sitting on..its unsecured. If it was a radar or such you would see the control mechanisms and wiring. Also such an important item would have some armor protection

porky_kicker

Country flag
Storage box...probably for crew personal effects or such. You can see the frame its sitting on..its unsecured. If it was a radar or such you would see the control mechanisms and wiring. Also such an important item would have some armor protection
i am not asking about the box , i am asking about the square shaped thing floating on top of the tank, right on top of the left guy

bhramos

Country flag
i am not asking about the box , i am asking about the square shaped thing floating on top of the tank, right on top of the left guy
that is Battlefield Surveillance Radar on T-72 C&C Tank, but not sure its OFB or Phoren maal....

bhramos

Country flag

New Ashok Leyland Medium Bulletproof Vehicle (MBPV) of J&K Police

Specifications :
Engine
HA6ET13UN-BSIII 135kW@2400rpm, 670Nm@1300-1600 rpm160 Ltrs

Transmission
ZF S6 36 OD, 6F + 1R

Wheel/Tiers
13 R 22.5 (Run Flat System)/ 315/ 80 R 22.5 (Optional)

Brakes
Full Air - Dual Line with ABS, Graduates Hand Control Valve Operated, Spring Brake

Axle Type
Fully Floating , Driven Axle, Steerable , RS 145

Suspension
Front and Rear : Semi-Electric Multi Leaf, Double Action Telescopic

Ground Clearance
285mm

Dimensions
L - 6,882mm, W - 2,500mm, H - 3,000mm

Armouring
CEN Level BR6

Vinod DX9

Country flag
Learned lessons from India....they ditched us by not equipping our T-90s with ACs and simply didn't upgraded them when we asked to do fit ACs later. But when Iraq wanted to buy they are sending ACs in T-90s.
It's simple. Russia didn't send ours because they took us as granted, but in Iraq they had to capture Iraqi market.
God bless us if we go with T-14 now

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
Learned lessons from India....they ditched us by not equipping our T-90s with ACs and simply didn't upgraded them when we asked to do fit ACs later. But when Iraq wanted to buy they are sending ACs in T-90s.
It's simple. Russia didn't send ours because they took us as granted, but in Iraq they had to capture Iraqi market.
God bless us if we go with T-14 now
And we bought them despite knowing the major battle groung with Pak would be desert only. What were we thinking ?

FOXBAT ALOK

Country flag

New Ashok Leyland Medium Bulletproof Vehicle (MBPV) of J&K Police

Specifications :
Engine
HA6ET13UN-BSIII 135kW@2400rpm, 670Nm@1300-1600 rpm160 Ltrs

Transmission
ZF S6 36 OD, 6F + 1R

Wheel/Tiers
13 R 22.5 (Run Flat System)/ 315/ 80 R 22.5 (Optional)

Brakes
Full Air - Dual Line with ABS, Graduates Hand Control Valve Operated, Spring Brake

Axle Type
Fully Floating , Driven Axle, Steerable , RS 145

Suspension
Front and Rear : Semi-Electric Multi Leaf, Double Action Telescopic

Ground Clearance
285mm

Dimensions
L - 6,882mm, W - 2,500mm, H - 3,000mm

Armouring
CEN Level BR6
Nice to see stallions kavach 4×4 in service with j&k police ..these are better than TATA Dhruv
Here some more info on layland kavach vehicle
Ballistic Protection :NIJ level 3 + 2 HE granedes under floor (fuel tank & underneath)
Blast Protection : Protection against 5 kg explosives from a distance of 30 m
Firing Ports : 12 self locking gun ports from inside & one from roof top

Vinod DX9

Country flag
And we bought them despite knowing the major battle groung with Pak would be desert only. What were we thinking ?
We wanted a tank which could show low to Arjun tank! In early 90s only Arjun passed hot Western Desert test, but (by both Pakistan and India ) M1, T-72S and T-80U failed...so we badly wanted a "Phoren maal" ....
So we brought & bought T-90 without even summer trails !
And our first T-90s were actuall T-72Bs ! (Equivalent actually)

I said everything in sarcasm....
But ask Kunal sir Anup sir....
It's sad truth

VIP

Ultra Nationalist
Country flag
We wanted a tank which could show low to Arjun tank! In early 90s only Arjun passed hot Western Desert test, but (by both Pakistan and India ) M1, T-72S and T-80U failed...so we badly wanted a "Phoren maal" ....
So we brought & bought T-90 without even summer trails !
And our first T-90s were actuall T-72Bs ! (Equivalent actually)

I said everything in sarcasm....
But ask Kunal sir Anup sir....
It's sad truth
Yes, I have read posts and actually surprised that even armed forces are not untouchable. They rug indigenous maal lot and then change the doctrines, arjun, tejas and marut are prime examples.

cyclops

Country flag
Yes, I have read posts and actually surprised that even armed forces are not untouchable. They rug indigenous maal lot and then change the doctrines, arjun, tejas and marut are prime examples.
IAF did eventually accept the Tejas and we are in for large scale deployments of the same, but Army is proving to be especially difficult.
And this obstinacy is going to cost us the race wrt to MBTs.

It must be the 3 man crew vs the 4 man crew thing that I think is why IA is treating Arjun like the unwanted step child.
Arjun should have been named Karna instead.

And as if on cue the army released the FRCV requirements(which fit T-14s down to a tee) after the T-14s were paraded around enough, even though the FMBT was in sort of a hiatus up until that point.

We are always tough on DRDO and what have you, but this slight was like if the IA spat on DRDO's face in broad daylight.
You can't help but feel sorry for our DPSUs and us the taxpayers.
How are we going to recoup our investment, time and faith in our indigenous capacity?

There has to be a far sighted approach to Arjun, we cannot just depend on the benevolence of the Russians, as they are proving to be especially exploitative in almost all areas.

IA should just stop dragging its feet, follow the Merkava model and induct Arjuns and continously improve it with iterations of Mk 1s, 2s and 3s.

tharun

Patriot
Country flag
Tanks r obliterated by by atgms easily
Hope Indian army stops wasting billions in russian tanks.
That's scary...........that fireball is even scary.
We need to think beyond tanks.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles