Indian Air Force: Pictures and Multimedia

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
INDIAN AIR FORCE

"Exclusive by Profession, Inclusive in Service to the Nation" - A Short Documentary on the Evolution of Indian Air Force over the last 83 years.

Savaj

During AeroIndia 2011, I got a chance to be on board Saab 2000 media flight. I had posted original video on another channel, but now I have uploaded it with some edits. Best part is that you will get to see major contenders of MMRCA like Eurofighter Typhoon, F-16 Block (50/60), Rafale, F/A-18 E/F Super Hornet and a glimpse of Gripen.

Video quality is not that great as I didn't record it on HD and without any stabilization.

Feel free to share your comments and suggestions.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag

The women pilots of Indian Air Force in front of the IAF Tiger Moth vintage aircraft at Air Force Station Hindan, in Ghaziabad on November 24, 2015.

The flying pilots of Indian Air Force along with British aviator Ms. Tracey Curtis Taylor at Air Force Station Hindan, in Ghaziabad on November 24, 2015.

Sqn Ldr Kamaljeet Kaur - the first woman pilot to fly Tigermoth- vintage aircraft of IAF .

Last edited:

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
IAF's vintage Tiger Moth flies with the Boeing Stearman flown by British aviator Tracey Curtis Taylor at Hindan in Ghaziabad on November 24, 2015.

Gessler

Country flag
Both engine exhaust look somewhat dissimilar, why?
Left engine is probably giving off more thrust than the right one in this instance, hence the nozzle is more extended or 'opened'. Both engines & their nozzles can be independently controlled,

AbRaj

Country flag
Left engine is probably giving off more thrust than the right one in this instance, hence the nozzle is more extended or 'opened'. Both engines & their nozzles can be independently controlled,

I thought they upgraded with TVC:)

Abhi9

Country flag
Both engine exhaust look somewhat dissimilar, why?
Right engine is running at higher thrust than the left engine. Engine nozzles shrink with increasing thrust to maximize action and reaction. They expand largest when after burner is kicked or idling

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Indian Air Force C17 aircraft arrives in Nadi, Fiji, with relief supplies - 27 February 2016

(MEA)

Global Defence

New threads

Articles