Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
As the picture suggest that it's not the Complete wreckage of the jet .
Hence we can say the jet was out of pilot's control.
Place of incident was also not suitable for crash landings.
Hence, according to IAF guidelines, pilot can eject himself under the similar conditions ( but need to take care of human society)
The place of incident also don't have any human residential area.
Most probably Pilots ejected successfully.

Hope for Pilots is still ON

TheHurtLocker

Country flag
Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa PVSM AVSM YSM VM ADC, Chief of the Air Staff, led a four aircraft, MiG-21 'Missing Man' formation flypast today, at AF Station Bhisiana, to honour the valour and supreme sacrifice of Kargil martyrs. The 'Missing Man' flypast is an aerial salute accorded to honour the fallen comrades-in-arms. The Arrow Formation of MiG-21 Bison, with a gap between two aircraft in the formation depicted the - Missing Man. Later, in a simple, yet poignant ceremony, he laid a wreath at the Memorial to honour martyrs who made the supreme sacrifice in the line of duty.
Air Chief was on a three day visit to the station. It is here, while commanding the 17 Squadron Air Chief Marshal BS Dhanoa had flown the MiG-21 T-96 aircraft, currently the oldest fighter in the IAF inventory. On this day in 1999, Squadron Leader Ajay Ahuja VrC (Posthumous) attained martyrdom during Kargil conflict. He was at that time the Flight Commander of 17 Squadron. Mrs. Alka Ahuja wife of Late Squadron Leader Ajay Ahuja VrC (Posthumous) was also present and the CAS presented her a plaque of ‘Missing Man’ formation.

During his visit, the CAS also reviewed security and operational preparedness of the base. He complimented the personnel of the base for their combat readiness; and urged them to "learn from the past, practise in the present, and Win in the Future".
My humble salute to ACM Dhanoa Saar.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace

sbm

Country flag
I was hoping for some data (like we used to get in the 1990s) for a trend. One thing is clear, in 21st century IAF attrition fell dramatically. How many aircraft lost this year so far?

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace

From 2011 to 2016 in 6 years, total 63 aircrafts, helicopters and drones were crashed of Pakistan Air Force, navy, Army & aviation (Source Pakistani media ) . Most of them were F7, so called indigenous Mushshak trainer & mirage III/V. Some of them were American F16 and Chinese JF-17. Total 12 f 16 aircraft and 2 jf-17 ( some sources claimed its 4 or 6) were crashed so far!
Pakistan Air force has huge fleet of F-7 & mirages. Basically these are now completely outdated fighter for minimum deterrence against its enemy! 85 Mirage III, 80 Mirage V & 193 F-7 is 2/3 of total PAF fleet is struggling against huge fleet of IAF having very strong modern fleet including 250+ 4.5th gen Su-30MKI, 50 Mirage 2000-5 Mk2, 69 MiG-29UPG (currently most advance version of MiG-29 family) & 100+ jaguars to be upgraded in Darin 3 version ( some MIGs, mirage & Jags were crashed) ! In 8 years IAF will induct more or less than 250 4.5th gen fighters including Rafale & homegrown LCA!
Though PAF has good advantage in its AWACS fleet but still only some 18 F-16s are latest block-52 version in its fleet making it very difficult for effective deterrence against IAF! Though PAF is looking to replace its mirage & f-7 fleet by Chinese jf-17 but still it will take huge time! 50 jf-17 don't have HMD, digital fly by wire, On Board Oxygen Generating System (OBGS), carbon composite, RAM Coating & AESA radar! That makes it almost 3.5th gen category aircraft!!!

TheHurtLocker

Country flag
Though PAF has good advantage in its AWACS fleet but still only some 18 F-16s are latest block-52 version in its fleet making it very difficult for effective deterrence against IAF
I really doubt that the Erieye system on used Saab 2000 airframes with no A2A Refuelling ability can sustain operations for long. Also they lost a few of these after the Jehadis inside the Fizzleya decided to IED Mubarak the Kuffar organisation in a spectacular show.
And the Karakoram Eagle is a monkey model sold to the Fizzleya.
And not to mention that these two systems can't even work in unison in real time .
The Block 52 is a potent weapon but the IAF will definitely have sound knowledge of the whole system and will employ tactics to minimize the effectiveness of the same.

RSAF F16 C and IAF MiG 29B.jpg

So all in all, despite Sohail "Ladyboy" Aman's false bravado, it'll be a massively uphill task for them to overcome the "Saffron Bandits".
Who knows, maybe they decide to sit the next war out too. :pound:

sbm

Country flag

From 2011 to 2016 in 6 years, total 63 aircrafts, helicopters and drones were crashed of Pakistan Air Force, navy, Army & aviation (Source Pakistani media ) . Most of them were F7, so called indigenous Mushshak trainer & mirage III/V. Some of them were American F16 and Chinese JF-17. Total 12 f 16 aircraft and 2 jf-17 ( some sources claimed its 4 or 6) were crashed so far!
Pakistan Air force has huge fleet of F-7 & mirages. Basically these are now completely outdated fighter for minimum deterrence against its enemy! 85 Mirage III, 80 Mirage V & 193 F-7 is 2/3 of total PAF fleet is struggling against huge fleet of IAF having very strong modern fleet including 250+ 4.5th gen Su-30MKI, 50 Mirage 2000-5 Mk2, 69 MiG-29UPG (currently most advance version of MiG-29 family) & 100+ jaguars to be upgraded in Darin 3 version ( some MIGs, mirage & Jags were crashed) ! In 8 years IAF will induct more or less than 250 4.5th gen fighters including Rafale & homegrown LCA!
Though PAF has good advantage in its AWACS fleet but still only some 18 F-16s are latest block-52 version in its fleet making it very difficult for effective deterrence against IAF! Though PAF is looking to replace its mirage & f-7 fleet by Chinese jf-17 but still it will take huge time! 50 jf-17 don't have HMD, digital fly by wire, On Board Oxygen Generating System (OBGS), carbon composite, RAM Coating & AESA radar! That makes it almost 3.5th gen category aircraft!!!
Wait hold on: 63 Pak aircraft downed in 6 years? I believe it entirely. I couldn't access the youtube video owing to a problem on my side but was that clearly stated?

I also say that the phase out of the MiG-21Bisons should be slowed down until Tejas is there in force.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
Wait hold on: 63 Pak aircraft downed in 6 years? I believe it entirely. I couldn't access the youtube video owing to a problem on my side but was that clearly stated?

I also say that the phase out of the MiG-21Bisons should be slowed down until Tejas is there in force.
Facts are shared by paki channel.

IAF seems very confident to retire all Mig-21 squadrons as per schedule by 2022. No Delay in the plan is surfaced till now.

sbm

Country flag
Regrettably as a Trinidadian my only two languages are English and bad English (ok quite a bit of Spanish too)! You know if India did an overhaul of the MiG-21s,-23s and -27s, and donated (not sell) them to Latin American countries, they would be welcomed.

TPFscopes

Rest in Peace
I always get confused when IAF refuses to use our Hawk trainers for Ground support missions.
Hawk AJTs can easily perform these missions but they always keep them on sidelines.

sbm

Country flag
This is especially true in CI/CT operations - in a low AD threat environment. They have demonstrated capabilities with 68mm rockets and 250kg bombs plus a 30mm Aden gun-pod.

Vinod DX9

Country flag
Yah me too was thinking same. I wonder if there was going to be any deal with L&M which never materialized , or Israeli help from Lavi, or joint LAVI LCA prog...which was in primary conceptual stage, but never became a reality

AnantS

Country flag
Yah me too was thinking same. I wonder if there was going to be any deal with L&M which never materialized , or Israeli help from Lavi, or joint LAVI LCA prog...which was in primary conceptual stage, but never became a reality
India's FBW was initially I think tested on F 16 XL(before 98 ) .

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles