Indian Air Force: News & Discussions

PD_Solo

The only one
Country flag
Missed the Walk the talk with Air chief....

last minute glimpses showing that IAF now giving more impetus to improve all weather and night capability.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

tejas warrior

Country flag
Contract for IAF Avro-replacement aircraft, the @Airbus-@TataCompanies C-295, to be signed in 6 months: outgoing IAF chief Raha

Screenshot_20161228-111007.png

tejas warrior

Country flag
We've been able to sign various cases in lst 2 1/2 yrs including Rafale which will b in India,operational within nxt 3 to 5 1/2 yrs- Raha

Screenshot_20161228-112027.png

Prashant12

Country flag
Advance Landing Ground

Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Pema Khandu on Wednesday inaugurated the newly constructed Advanced Landing Ground (ALG) at Tuting in Upper Siang district in presence of education minister Honchun Ngandam, deputy Speaker Alo Libang, state BJP president Tapir Gao and AOC-in-C, HQ Eastern Air Command Air Marshal Hari Kumar.

The ALG Tuting is under the control of Air Force Station, Jorhat and it is the sixth ALG to be operationalised in the state, an official report informed.

In 2009, the Centre under former Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and state government during Dorjee Khandu's tenure, had come into an agreement to upgrade all landing grounds in the state, informed Khandu while addressing the gathering at the Air Traffic Control building.

The chief minister said the decision was also taken then for the dual use of the ALGs to be used for defence and civilian purposes.

Khandu informed that Pasighat ALG would be the first to have civilian terminal with commencing of Air India flights to the city soon, which was the outcome of his recent talks with the civilian aviation ministry held recently.

Since Arunachal is the biggest state in North East in terms of geographical area, its biggest challenge is the connectivity, said Khandu.

With ALGs being operationalised in Mechuka, Tuting, Aalo, Pasighat, Ziro and Vijoynagar, the chief minister said it would boost regional connectivity in the state and provide further impetus to tourism industry and contribute to the local economy.

However, the seventh ALG in Tawang is yet to reach completion, he said.

Khandu thanked the Centre, the Indian Air Force and the Nagarjuna Construction Company for completing the works of ALG in Tuting within one and half year.

He informed that he would be visiting Tuting again with the DONER Minister in January next for inauguration of a bridge.

The guests were welcomed with colourful cultural dance presented by Memba-Khamba cultural troupes. They presented a dance - 'Yangle Tashi Shi', which means 'welcome to all guests'. Also an Adi dance troupe presented 'Gide Sipe Ergang Si', which is a dance to celebrate festivals.

The chief minister presented mementos to all distinguished guests and to the top defence officials present on the occasion. Also a token of appreciation was presented to the cultural troupes, school children and Gaon Burahs.

Speaking on the occasion, Air Marshal Hari Kumar appreciated the cooperation of local people and the state government in early completion of the ALG.

Khandu during his visit also inspected the new ATC control room, office complex and officer's mess, the report added. TNN

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/guwahati/Advance-Landing-Ground/articleshow/56225048.cms

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
So all in all with new F-414 IN S6 (whose SFC is definitely gonna be better than that of F-404) and optimized design Tejas MK-2 will have much better performance than MK-2. And will rival range and payload of Mirage-2000H while beating it comprehensively in every other respect.
I hope a new plane with a relatively new engine to be better than a 70's - 80's design one !!!

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
In that sense Rafale is even older than Tejas MK1 ..
Maybe, but one is 100% made in the same medium country and is operational until 10 years as a complete AtoA and AtoG platform (and 15 years in the AtoA role) when the other is only an aeroclub plane.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
This does not sound you want to keep this debate civil, If you want to debate better keep your National pride at home, We don`t really encourage **** measuring competition in quality sections here ..

Maybe, but one is 100% made in the same medium country and is operational until 10 years as a complete AtoA and AtoG platform (and 15 years in the AtoA role) when the other is only an aeroclub plane.

BON PLAN

-*-
Contributor
Country flag
This does not sound you want to keep this debate civil, If you want to debate better keep your National pride at home, We don`t really encourage **** measuring competition in quality sections here ..
with all my respect, It's just a supported answer.
If you or another people don't like the truth, it's only your problem, not mine. Sorry.
And to be an administrator change nothing.
Don't let your national pride take control o_O

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Flame-baiting in other words, When countered you are quick to change topics ..

Regardless, I wasted my time replying ..

with all my respect, It's just a supported answer.
If you or another people don't like the truth, it's only your problem, not mine. Sorry. And to be an administrator change nothing.Don't let your national pride take control o_O

airtel

Country flag

so you want to prove that Rafale is better than Tajas ??

:smash::smash::smash:

yes it is .................we all know that .

we have just started let us learn first ..........:)

Last edited:

Adioz

शक्तिः दुर्दम्येच्छाशक्त्याः आगच्छति
Walk The Talk With Air Chief Marshal Arup Raha
December 2016

Video timeline

2:25 Tejas,
3:15 Rafale,
5:16 Pakistan,
9:30 Kargil war,
11:40 Joint Chief Of Staff
I thought it was the IAF that was stopping the Chief of Defense Services post. From what i had read, the IAF was worried that if a CDS is appointed and a joint command structure enforced, the IAF would have to use the vast majority of its assets to provide Close Air Support (CAS) to the Army. The current IAF doctrine stresses air interdiction and the use of air power to win wars. But this interview makes it seem like the services are all on one boat and the bureaucracy or the politicians are somehow preventing this development. Here he seems very understanding of the fact that most of the times, a General would be made the Chief of Defence Services.
What is not clear from the ACM Raha's words is if this post will be filled by a five-star Chief of Defence, or will it be a four-star officer. Lets hope the CDS and command restructuring comes soon. Fingers crossed.:lehappy:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles