Discussion in 'China' started by Yijiuliuer, Nov 9, 2012.
I will post a summary later
1.Russian confirms delivery date set to the fourth season of 2013, delay will be compensated by Russian, but how to compensate is not arranged yet.
2.Thermo-cusion of the egine malfunctioned again After repair.
3.Other glitches include Fridgeroom and Netrogen making devices stopped working
1.The fire caught by Gorshkov demaged its main engine thus almost totaled the ship before it was given to Indian as a gift.
2.Cost of renovation fees raised from 700 million to 1500 million then to 2900 million now.
3.Clemonceau and kitty hawk were also on India's lists of purchase but India chose Russian AC based on price
4.Vikramaditya can match French De Gaule after renavation in every way only shy on cruise range due to the latter is a nuclear ship.
1, Major renovation include egine, radar, wire and pipe re-laying, the efforts won't be less than building a new one.
2. Indian even includes a small Art Museum on the ship (what for?)
3. Mig 29 also changed alot according to Indian requirement. it is lighter, saves more space after folding its wings, and compatible to western weapon system.
4. Indian bought 6 brand new italian generators on board.
1. It is confirmed by Shipbuilder that the delay will be at least 3 years more due to the technology difficulty on transmission box, India needs foreign help to continue on the project.
2. Vikrant was moved from its dock to make space for other ship
3. Shipbuilder has build 1 30000 T container ship and two double decker tankers, but all of them have been found out with major faulty in wire-pipe lying and welding.
4. Vikrant also suffers shipbuilders low quality control and lacking of workmanship, there are fatal mistakes in the process of modular- assembling
5. Supply of special steel panels can't catch up with the building process, shipbuilders has to halt work waiting for imported materials to be delivered.
1. French, Spanish, Canadian, Russian brains all involved in the design of Vikrant, 4 LM 2500 engines are American made.
2. Indian coined the conception of Air-Defence AC. Vikrant will be used as an anti-air ship in its flock.
3. Two kinds of shipborne aircrafts will be on board, Mig29K and LCA navy version, Isrealis Barak I will be use as its the air-defence missile system. Indian Navy admits
Russian missiles accuracy does not met expectation, but Isreali missiles are too expansive, it will cost 20-25% of the total value of the ship.
How on earth can any non-chinese understand this
Some INS AC history, no need to translate.
some quote form commentator though:
1. India needs a powerful blue water navy to turn Indian Ocean into Ocean of India. its heritage originated from British Royal Navy.
2. India enjoyed huge benefits from its AC, especially, during the two wars with Pakistan.
3. India cannot be too critical on its Russian partner, since it is dependent on Russian for its nuclear technology, fighters, tanks, cruise missiles and much more...
4. India needs at least 4 ACs to maintain operational for future navy if it wants to play an upper hand in Indian Ocean, but people don't see such a possibility in the coming 10 yaers.
that is why I am giving you summarized translations, you just enjoy the visual information.
Well The transmission box incident is well known as the truck carrying the transmission box met with a serious accident and the transmission box was damaged.
I am not sure, it is the brand new transmission gears for Vikrant, how come it has an accident?
THe truck carrying the transmission box met with an accident....it was not the gearbox that had an accident.
Just to correct there ,the indian navy didn't originated from british royal navy but thousands years back indian kings operated their own navy
Separate names with a comma.