India's Self-Reliant Missile Journey

trackwhack

How much of the propulsion work does India do? Russia won't even share 30yr old ramjet tech.
You wouldn't know, so you shouldn't assume. We tested a scramjet 2 days back. Check the Hypersonic missiles thread. You think we cant make supersonic ramjets when we are testing scramjets? I will put in in your own language. We skipped one gen and are going straight to scramjets.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You don't know, so you shouldn't assume. It is a simple question you don't have an answer for.

trackwhack

You don't know, so you shouldn't assume. It is a simple question you don't have an answer for.
You are the one who deduced that India does not have ramjet tech, though we have operational missiles with such tech.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I deduced nothing. Pointing out facts is the exercice.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag
It is true that some of our missiles originate from Russian technology but so does American stuff which originate from German and German originate from European and English design and European Design ordinates from Indian and Chinese.

Evolution does not begin or end in one place its a constant process. No one has ownership of knowledge, everyone borrows from the world mind and claims it as his own in a narrow selfish act. All knowledge is borrowed knowledge.

First iron rockets used in battle by Tipu Sultan against the British.

SPIEZ

Country flag
India doesn't make Brahmos ramjet. Russia guards that tech very carefully. Ramjet of the Akash is nothing like it.
By the way isn't the ASMP-A similar to the the Kub misssile system, with it's storable Kerosone fuel(right ?), it does give additional range.

Oh and also you had said that the AKash would give only twice the range when air launched, but considering other missiles for eg the AIM 120 which is being used as a land platform NASAMS as well.
The land variant gives a maximum range of ~20Km, where as the air launched one gives ~150km.
Also France's very own MICA gives a range of ~15km when Land launched VL-MICA and gives a range of ~80Km when air launched
:namaste:

Last edited:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
I pointed out several facts...

A) India does not make Brahmos engine
B) ToT from Russia has been denied
C) Akash is not equitable to cruise missiles

Simple facts... :shocked:

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
By the way isn't the ASMP-A similar to the the Kub misssile system, with it's storable Kerosone fuel(right ?), it does give additional range.

Oh and also you had said that the AKash would give only twice the range when air launched, but considering other missiles for eg the AIM 120 which is being used as a land platform NASAMS as well.
The land variant gives a maximum range of ~20Km, where as the air launched one gives ~150km.
Also France's very own MICA gives a range of ~15km when Land launched VL-MICA and gives a range of ~80Km when air launched
:namaste:
You are alright in my book SPIEZ, but your ranges are quite wrong.

trackwhack

The statement you made is Russia wouldnt share 30 year old ramjet tech. Two things, Brahmos is not 30 year old tech. Internet patzers like you and me would not know anyway. And Russia not sharing ramjet tech does not mean India does not have ramjet tech. We have demonstrated and commissioned missiles with Ramjet tech. We are testing scramjets, far ahead of anything the French have accomplished in that technology.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
BrahMos ramjet is a scaled design of the P-700 which is a 30 year old missile. Russia not sharing ramjet tech when India wanted it shows whatever it shows. You have demonstrated Kub clones which use simple motors to reverse. Your tests have not evolved into anything. Judge on the facts, not on nationalism.

Godless-Kafir

DFI Buddha
Country flag

I agree, lol...

However what engine does Brahmos have? Ramjets have not engine it is only nozzle and fuel pump specification. That is not a hard thing to reverse engineer. Brahmos is made in India now.

trackwhack

BrahMos ramjet is a scaled design of the P-700 which is a 30 year old missile. Russia not sharing ramjet tech when India wanted it shows whatever it shows. You have demonstrated Kub clones which use simple motors to reverse. Your tests have not evolved into anything. Judge on the facts, not on nationalism.
Sorry chief, I am judging on facts. Like I said last Saturday we tested a scramjet. You are welcome to call the Akash a Kub clone. The fact is the Akash, a land lauched missile is faster at 2.8 - 3.5 mach than your ASMP, an air launched missile which is rated at 2-3 mach. So if you are going to claim ASMP as advanced ramjet tech, ahem, need I say more?

At the end of the day there is a reason you are peddling your merchandize here and by the extention of that thought there is a reason France is peddling her wares here in India. There is a reason why France is inviting India to join in research projects. And aside from the fact that you are broke and India has cash to fund such research, there is also the fact that we have bright, awesome engineers and scientists who with or without joint ventures will catch up and surpass you in technology within a decade or two. This has nothing to do with nationalism, a simple study of technology adaptation graphs will show you that. While you were refining your thermonukes, India was still setting up steel mills. Now, please lets start with the discussion on how Russia sold us nuke tech. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles